Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Masters: The Final

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our take on the game:

Like Coach said, we were all over them in the first 15 minutes of the game with a flurry of chances . But chances mean nothing, if you can't capitalize on them (based on the events to follow, we thought we should have also been given a PK when Sal was taken down in the box). The game did settle down and the Rangers found their game. They pumped long ball after long ball into their front runners who definatley played well for them. But, the long ball really didn't give them any real scoring chance throughout the game. My feeling was the game was going into OT, but to our surprise my bro was called with a handball (our feeling was that it was an iffy at best call - there was no intent to handball and it did not at all stop a scoring chance or impeed a Rangers player) in our box with 30 minutes left in game. Wilke slotted it and we were deflated. The rest of the game we through people forward and did not score on our chances once again. Rangers got another late to seal the deal. The Rangers are a strong team and they definately had a good game plan going into this one. Their a solid bunch, particularly their D who did their job all game long.

After the game, my bro was on 24 hour watch for the handball. To update the situation, he is doing fine and made it back safe. Regardless of the loss, we did stay in Nanaimo for the night and to contrary belief, it didn't involve lattes and cappucinos.

Congrats once again to the Rangers. Best of luck in Winnipeg boys!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All class Sarge.
You guys are definitely a great team and you personally had a great game.
Thought Jonesy in the pipes also had a good game.

Taxman:
Thanks again for letting us all know about those grueling trips to the Island.
Those hour and and a half ferry rides fcuking kill you.
We'd like to tip our 'hats' to you for if it wasn't for your moany bitch excuse after excuse posts we would have never prepared the way that we did for the monstrosity of a trip over to Nanaimo.
Have a great summer - I'm sure your golf game thanks you on the early prep to the season.
Enjoy YOUR day in the 'sun' mate.

On to much more important things...:D

Thanks to the lads on the board and your congrats.
Here's to those who wished us well, all the rest can go to...;)

Great seeing an old friend/rival in Glennie Ferraro who now is living in Nanaimo.

Quick shout out to the VISL and Nanimo United Soccer Club for the great job done on hosting the event.
Pitch was in good shape and the beer gardens and concession and such were great for the visitors and their families.
Well done and thanks from Rangers FC.

Woof woof,
FVSLforever

Sherlock

May 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
With money they saved by NOT sending ANY representative to the BC PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIPS this past weekend, sure hope BC Soccer provided the travelling teams with a little extra for cold ones!

It's quite shameful that our governing body couldn't spare the time to travel with you and cheer you on. (Though bet they'll be schmoozing at the FIFA U20.)

Well done to all teams who competed and we wish Surrey all the best at the Westerns!

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
checking the internet for the Columbus boys over here in italy, they are going to disappointed -- they were looking forward to a sixth star for their kit.

so far, Columbus italy tour has one 3-1 win against Rome and two 1-1 draws in Lanciano. We have met with mayors, been given trophies and Citra presented us with a full kit before one of the games. unbelievable hospitality, complete with fiestas and fireworks after the games here.

the masters games in italy are 27 years and up, and there is a lot of civic pride at stake so our guys are playing unbelievable. i have two 60 plus year olds playing centre back right behind me going head to head with guys half their age. gino told one young guy the game is not for ballerinas after a hard tackle and the guy actually threw the ball at him -- nobody wants to lose to the old pensioners! Lucca next up.

ciao

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delayed Congratulations to Coach, RF and all the rest of the Rangers on their 2nd Provincial Title.

Also, best of luck with the 'Kiss of Death' #1 Power Ranking for next season. :D

~S

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delayed Congratulations to Coach, RF and all the rest of the Rangers on their 2nd Provincial Title.

Also, best of luck with the 'Kiss of Death' #1 Power Ranking for next season. :D

~S

oh m'gawd....a full year of chest thumping from rangerville.;)
heaven help us all...:D

well done, good luck in the peg fellas!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a fellow FVSL'er, would also like to give huge congrats to the Rangers, job well done, don't know any of you but you guys look like a classy bunch (from post-game festivities I've seen:)) Good luck in Winnipeg!

Stallion from the O.C (man I hate Duck's fans)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0