Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Masters: The Final

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it is very quiet in Rangerville right now.

We all hear that we are the underdog here and that most people are picking Columbus......

I can't say i blame them? Look at Columbus, they are stacked!

The only thing i would like to point out here is this.

The Rangers have been an over 35 team for three years now.

We have competed and played in 10 Provincial Games so far.

Our record is 9 wins and 1 loss in overtime...........That's it.

Say what you want but the boys will be there to compete and do themselves proud

People like Sir M can come on here and rank us as high or low as he wants...

9 wins and 1 loss in ot is as good a record or not better than any mens team in this province over the last three years! (Open or Masters)

Columbus is the favorite.................. so was Inter two years ago...:rolleyes:

It will be a good battle.............just a little closer than some of you think....

Good luck boys!

P.S. Too bad those highly ranked West Van boys are not around again this year.........................yet they still fancy themselves as the team to beat??

Oh well...........There is always next year Sir M........Let me guess....WestVan is ranked #1 going into next year........yeah, yeah, yeah, we get it!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone get Coach a tissue and a chisel for that chip! If it wasn't for SirM's hard work and dedication in putting together the rankings all year long, no one would give 2 shites about who is in Nanaimo next weekend.

Anyways, based on what I saw on Saturday, I think it will come down to whether Columbus can handle the size of the FireRangers. The teams play a different style from each other that is equally effective - both know how to play to their strengths... Long, high balls from the FireRangers and possession/creativity from the Ities. Bailey/Colbow will be a saw off as will Parno/Sarge (though Sarge will need help marking up). Columbus team defense should be able to handle Izzat/Shuey. Except on dead ball situations, then it will be very difficult.

Sal could be the game-breaker as I'm not aware of a FireRanger that can match up with him (speed/skill combo).

My gut says FireRangers may pull this one out but I really think Columbus is just on a really good roll right now and playing their game better.

Columbus 3-2.

Cheers,

~Regs.

PS. BRM would like to thank the rankings staff for the great year and #1 status they bestowed on us week after week. Seriously.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take the piss (out of someone) vb. British -- to mock, deride, poke fun (at). This vulgarism has been in widespread use since the late 1940s. The original idea evoked by the expression was that of deflating someone, recalling the description of a self-important blusterer as 'all piss and wind.'

I think a lot of Coach's post falls into the category above. It'd be better if we could have lubed him up with a bottle of Strawberry Baja first, but beggers can't be choosers.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you Dude.......

Regs,i love the work that Mike has put into the Masters Thread.

No bitterness here pal.

Just letting Sir M know (in fun) that his rankings were wrong?

Really...................

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach, Rankings are based on recent performance, and strength of opposition.

But best hair does have something to do with it.

Seriously.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think a lot of Coach's post falls into the category above. It'd be better if we could have lubed him up with a bottle of Strawberry Baja first, but beggers can't be choosers.

I love it, dude explaining to regs how the site works. Has the site frozen over or what.

Too bad this match is in Nanaimo because it should be great.

Good luck to both.

Rangers in PK's

hos

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach: If your team wins next weekend, I am pretty sure your team will come out of the gate #1 in next year's rankings... or thereabouts anyway.

I am sure everything will be OK.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Coach. Don't feel so bad...really. We were heavy underdogs with you guys two years ago and we actually gave you a good battle. Really. Now, spend more of your time getting fit for the game in Nanaimo. Maybe you will give them a game and then you can decide to join our forces like Regs et al. Then, maybe you will move up in rankings after having "battles" every weekend. Leave Mikey alone.

SCK

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fire it up boys!

BK:
Don't EVER refer to us and the word 'Fire' in the same sentence.
We are not affiliated with the Firemen and don't WANT to be associated with them.
That was a long, long time ago.
Blah, blah, blah.

Scottyshellforever

after having "battles" every weekend

We do "battle" every weekend.
Whether it be at Gabby's in Langley after an All-Blank match or the Mission Springs after playing Harrison Hot Springs FC or Jimmy Mac's after taking the ferry home from playing the Thunder Thighs, we "battle".
HARD.
If anyone knows of any good "battlefields" in Nanaimo for Saturday night let me know.

Cheers,
FVSLforever

thebigkahuna

May 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry RF I should have said:

spark it up or light it up or blaze it up or heat it up or ignite your team or.........I guess I have too much time on my hands.

Anyways just for your grumpiness I am going to predict a 3 - 0 loss to Surrey.;)

BTW:

Full marks to Sir M for his SMEPR. It is all I look forward on Monday morning.

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
BK:
We are not affiliated with the Firemen and don't WANT to be associated with them.
Blah, blah, blah.

Scottyshellforever

Whether it be at Gabby's in Langley after an All-Blank match or the Mission Springs after playing Harrison Hot Springs FC or Jimmy Mac's after taking the ferry home from playing the Thunder Thighs, we "battle".
HARD.
If anyone knows of any good "battlefields" in Nanaimo for Saturday night let me know.

Cheers,

Well Rangerforever in the true heat off the battle the secret is where can you Drink in Victory is what you should be asking. You guys beat the team of destiny Aldergrove so what is going to stop you from winning saturday. Even i played for Columbus in the late 80's.I should be cheering for them but i am going to cheer for the Rangers. Enjoy Barry while you can because rumour has he signed transfer papers to play for GEU THUNDER next year. He thought he was signing for room service.
p.s Good luck and if that doesn't work you got a ref named Whistleblower who can ref the game if needed!!

xoxo$$$MAN

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BK:
Blah, blah, blah.

Scottyshellforever

HARD.

Cheers,
FVSLforever

RF - I think you should just continue the Battle of the Bulge ...

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to go boys............

Training last night and a mandatory pub meeting today at 4:30 at the Langley Shark Club.

We have nothing to lose and we do tee off at 1:53 tomorrow off time.

Good luck boys............

Love this stuff.......................

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
double secret mandatory "pub" meeting huh?
I'm sure that goes over well with the mrs rangers in the midst of training/tee times etc.:D
...now thems some kinda perks for being in the big dance.

good luck coach
too bad the game isn't local:(

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers Aves...........who loves ya baby!

To say the Mrs are happy would be bang on big man.............:rolleyes:

I told the boys to be over in Nanaimo for an a 11 am training sesion and a 1:53 tee off time...............

Got knows we just try to stay with Columbus and keep it close...............

No Shuey, No Baily ,and no Izatt...............No worries,,,, we are just here to compete!

Good luck boys!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0