Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Womens Draw 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Womens Draw?

I just received an e-mail saying it is MOnday..........what a fcuking joke.......Why am I not surprised.......

:mad: :mad:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

A bit of mess with the draw.........but I do know we have a home game first against Coquitlam...........IF we managed to get through that game, it becomes interesting.......

It could be Westside, Surrey United or Metro Ford Heat.........depending on what happens this weekend in the cup. If SU win, then it might be Westside or the Heat??????????? If Westside wins, we will then play Surrey United.....I think.

Either way, a home game on a Saturday afternoon at 4:00 at Minoru Oval Turf is the hope.......

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

It could be Westside, Surrey United or Metro Ford Heat.........depending on what happens this weekend in the cup. If SU win, then it might be Westside or the Heat??????????? If Westside wins, we will then play Surrey United.....I think.

Yes needless to say it is a little confusing. And what's with all the Saturday games?!? :confused:

You are right about the second scenario, if Westside wins then we play you in the quarters. But did you find out about who the #2 seed is if we win the Cup? It must be Westside so Coquitlam would be the #3, no?

From a SU standpoint, I think that the league should mean more than the cup and the league champions should get the #1 seed. With the cup being #1, we have to win this Sunday in order to avoid you guys CS and potentially Gorge/NS Renegades in the semis. Of course if we win, there is the potential for a semi-final match up with Coquitlam, but you'd have to say the top half is probably a bit easier than the bottom.

Anyways good luck to all teams and this should make for one of the more competitive provincial cup draws in a while!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes needless to say it is a little confusing. And what's with all the Saturday games?!? :confused:

You are right about the second scenario, if Westside wins then we play you in the quarters. But did you find out about who the #2 seed is if we win the Cup? It must be Westside so Coquitlam would be the #3, no?

From a SU standpoint, I think that the league should mean more than the cup and the league champions should get the #1 seed. With the cup being #1, we have to win this Sunday in order to avoid you guys CS and potentially Gorge/NS Renegades in the semis. Of course if we win, there is the potential for a semi-final match up with Coquitlam, but you'd have to say the top half is probably a bit easier than the bottom.

Anyways good luck to all teams and this should make for one of the more competitive provincial cup draws in a while!

You're right, Megs, about Coquitlam having to go to the 3rd seed......kind of. It will be interesting to see how the league handles it. No matter what happens this year, next year, if there has to be seeds(none in the men's draw before the added teams) the teams who come first and second in the league should be the seeds. The league is 14 games long at least usually....cup is no more than 4 before you're into the final. If the league winner wins the cup, then the cup finalist would get 3rd spot unless they were also second in the league.......does that make sense? :D

Either way, our draw is tough but for our first year, we're hoping to at least get past the first round and see what happens after that. We've just signed another player who will definitely help us be more competitive and I think we're not too far away from all the teams IF we have everybody available. Should be fun and I'm just looking forward to putting on the suit to coach in a Provincial game.....hopefully two at least. :D Good luck to everyone in the tournament.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Captain, you got your wish with City Slickers I see. Good draw, as you should be looking forward to the 2nd round. The best of luck to you and your team. Enjoy the first year of provincials and we may see you after all..... :)D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WW, apparently it's on the BCSA website.

British Columbia Soccer Association

2009 Women's Provincial "A" Cup

MWSL # 1
LIWSA # 3 (Home)
(Home) Game E Winner Game E
Game A Winner Game A (Home)
NSGSC Selects (Away)
(Away) Winner Game I
Game I (Home)
LIWSA # 2
LIWSA # 5 (Home)
(Home) Game F Winner Game F
Game B Winner Game B (Away)
MWSL # 3 (Away)
(Away) FINAL

Gorge FC
NSGSC Renegades (Home)
(Home) Game G Winner Game G
Game C Winner Game C (Home)
LIWSA # 4 (Away)
(Away) Winner Game J
Game J (Away)
MWSL # 2
# 3 Richmond CIU - A (Home)
(Home) Game H Winner Game H
Game D Winner Game D (Away)
Coq MF City Slickers (Away)
(Away)

Round 1 Games Quarter Final Games Semi Final Games Final Game
April 4,5 April 18,19 April 25,26 Saturday May 9
Hosted by Towncenter Stadium
Surrey United FC Coquitlam
Cloverdale

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Captain, you got your wish with City Slickers I see. Good draw, as you should be looking forward to the 2nd round. The best of luck to you and your team. Enjoy the first year of provincials and we may see you after all..... :)D

Kind of, I guess.........but we weren't suppose to get SU or Coquitlam in the second round, if we are fortunate enough to get by Coquitlam City Slickers. :mad: Last time we played them we scored in the 90 minute to win, so we're not anticipating anything other than a difficult game.

;) :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
An e-mail has just been sent out to the MWSL teams.........

If SU wins the cup, then Metro Ford Heat is the second seed. If Westside wins the Cup, SU is the second seed and Metro Ford 3rd seed, who travels to the Island two weeks in a row. I'm sure SU would like to avoid playing the Heat until the final.........SO, what does that mean for the game on Sunday? I'll be out watching as long as the weather is nice.

SU loses against Westside, they get to play either RCIU/City Slickers who they have beaten handily all season and then face the Renegades(beaten handily) or Gorge, who they beat to win the Provincials last year or if they win, they must face the Coquitlam Heat in the semi-finals, if all goes to plan?

I think I know what route they might choose to go...........:eek:

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
An e-mail has just been sent out to the MWSL teams.........

If SU wins the cup, then Metro Ford Heat is the second seed. If Westside wins the Cup, SU is the second seed and Metro Ford 3rd seed, who travels to the Island two weeks in a row. I'm sure SU would like to avoid playing the Heat until the final.........SO, what does that mean for the game on Sunday? I'll be out watching as long as the weather is nice.

SU loses against Westside, they get to play either RCIU/City Slickers who they have beaten handily all season and then face the Renegades(beaten handily) or Gorge, who they beat to win the Provincials last year or if they win, they must face the Coquitlam Heat in the semi-finals, if all goes to plan?

I think I know what route they might choose to go...........:eek:

Actually CS, we never played Gorge last provincials - they lost to Westside in the semis while we faced SFC UBC Alumni (who had beat MF/Coq in the quarters). As for knowing which route we'd rather go, I'm not sure if you're implying that we'd throw the game to avoid Coquitlam but on either side of the draw we play at home the whole way so it doesn't matter to us.

I think Westside has more to play for than Surrey since a loss for them means the #3 seed with no bye and two trips to the island (1st round and quarters) versus the bye and then a home match against NS or an island team.

My favourite part about the email that MWSL sent out is that supposedly they realized how the league standings are more important than the cup and that's why Coq would get #2 if we also win the cup. BUT if we are to lose on Sunday then for some reason the cup now means more than the league and Westside would get the #1 seed. :confused: I love how this league just makes the rules up as they go...

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually CS, we never played Gorge last provincials - they lost to Westside in the semis while we faced SFC UBC Alumni (who had beat MF/Coq in the quarters). As for knowing which route we'd rather go, I'm not sure if you're implying that we'd throw the game to avoid Coquitlam but on either side of the draw we play at home the whole way so it doesn't matter to us.

I think Westside has more to play for than Surrey since a loss for them means the #3 seed with no bye and two trips to the island (1st round and quarters) versus the bye and then a home match against NS or an island team.

My favourite part about the email that MWSL sent out is that supposedly they realized how the league standings are more important than the cup and that's why Coq would get #2 if we also win the cup. BUT if we are to lose on Sunday then for some reason the cup now means more than the league and Westside would get the #1 seed. :confused: I love how this league just makes the rules up as they go...

What do you really mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0