Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Soccer Association

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The BCSA website has inaccurate information about the BC teams performance, which make it appear that BC did better than any all other Provinces when that is not true. The BCSA website states: "British Columbia's four teams have returned from the 2005 National Soccer Championships after one of BC's strongest ever performances. Despite the tremendous differences in population base and total player registrations, British Columbia continues to out perform the other big provinces."
In fact Ontario won three gold and one bronze, so it outperformed BC, contrary to what the BCSA wesbiste says. Why would someone from BCSA post inaccurate information?

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
like any business, it starts from leadership from the top, in this case the president V. M. . Higher registration fees and poorly organized tournaments are symptoms of larger problems. No one could argue if the administration does a better job, the product (the soccer in BC) will improve.

barney

Jul 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV said:
The reps for adult leagues voted in favour, which according to a youth source, made some youth associations angry since adults only make up 20% of the membership but they get 50% of the votes so they forced the higher youth fees on the youth side.
QUOTE]

Not really the truth. I was present at the AGM and the adult leagues that I knew about did not vote at all for this motion. It is an unwritten agreement that either group (youth and adult) will not vote for motions that only affect one group. The seniors had their increase in fees a while ago. Does this mean that no senior group voted for the motion? No, but from the groups that I could see, none did. My league did not.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the Semi-annual AGM and saw that the adults resp I know, eg Ruben, did not vote for eth youth increase. I was not at the Annual AGM but two youth delegates, (District Chairs) who did attend told me that adults did vote on it when they voted in favour of the overall budget.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The BCSA has hired two new coaches, and contrary to what was implied last year, the BCSA did not hire two female coaches, instead they hired David Shankland and Rob Csabai. The technical Department now has 7 men and no women who can coach/instruct. How could they run a staffing competition and not hire a woman to fill one of the new positions? Did no women apply? Is that what happened?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The BCSA Semi-annual AGM is coming up, to be held on Jan 14 in Vancouver.
The BCSA has posted some of its financial info ( budget for next year and last years audit) so delegates can review it in advance of the meeting. Sponsorship revenue and revenue from youth memberships are up a great deal this year. Some expenes are also higher.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya gotta spend money to make money so an increase in expenses isn't really revolutionary, is it?

Perhaps they bought more pizza from the VMSL guys...

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Ya gotta spend money to make money so an increase in expenses isn't really revolutionary, is it?

Perhaps they bought more pizza from the VMSL guys...
But the BCSA's mission is not to make money and profits, so the private sector motto of spening money to make money is not appropriate for a discussion about the BCSA.
I won't editorialize about state of the BCSA's finances, but I do encourage interested soccer people to read the financial documents and ask themselves if the BCSA has enough money, is it spending it in the right places, etc.
I'm not able to attend the Semi-AGM but would be interested in hearing from people who do attend. Maybe someone will post a report on this site so other people can read about the Semi-AGM.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tell you what... send me a list of 5 questions and I will get them answered for you.

I will say this though... the BCSA is woefully understaffed... w/o more "revenue" coming in, how would you suggest they attract and hire more qualified people?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did any TTPers attend the BCSA Semi-annual GM? If so, please post a report here about we should expect from the BCSA?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Membership approved the sale of the building (only members to vote against were the senior leagues - go figure... guess the VMSL & MWSL are afraid they will have to work out of Azzi's garage :D )

A committee will be formed to investigate whether the BCSA should purchase land to build a new building on plus with training grounds or if they should just find a building to lease.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0