Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC soccer rumours, lies and scuttlebutt

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Word on the street is the PCSL is vying for a birth in the Provincial Cup this or next season. I believe "back in the day" they had a few spots didn't they? If this is true the question becomes who loses a spot? VMSL, FVSL or the VISL? I suppose clubs with teams in 2 leagues would then have to be careful not to “cup tie” their players?

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When we played in the Coast League, when it was actually a much better league than the VMSL, the Champion automatically had a berth into the final 16. It's a tough position because of when the Provincial Cup is played. VMSL teams at the end of their season and arguably in the best form as opposed to Coast League teams at the start of their season. That was the main reason we left to play inthe VMSL. Boy how it's paid off:rolleyes: But I think the drought ends this year!!!:D:bronco:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting.

Would quality of the teams in the PCSL suffer? Think of the perenial strong teams (non-american) and most of their players play for competitive winter teams...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What if Peace Arch (FVSL) and Peace Arch (PCSL) both gain spots into the B.C.'s, would they get a chance to play both games, or just hope that they draw each other in the first round.

Back in the day of Wesburn, in both VMSL and PCSL, the club treated it as two shots into the B.C.'s, with neither working.

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There will be a similar situation as the NCAA tournament.........

The coast league team, which will be Vancouver(UBC) this year because Victoria declined......the bottom teams in the FVSL/VMSL/VISL will be put into a barrel the team who is drawn will play the PCSL team for entry to the provincials.........This is going to happen this year by the way.

You heard it here first.

TTP Exclusive

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
There will be a similar situation as the NCAA tournament.........

The coast league team, which will be Vancouver(UBC) this year because Victoria declined......the bottom teams in the FVSL/VMSL/VISL will be put into a barrel the team who is drawn will play the PCSL team for entry to the provincials.........This is going to happen this year by the way.

You heard it here first.

TTP Exclusive
Haven't heard this much boooolshite in quite a while:cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everything Burnsie said above is confirmed.

UBC is in, bottom qualifiers from each league will be put in a hat and the team drawn will play UBC.

Basically this game will be a 'qualifier' to get into the final 16 of provincials.

I've also heard that Mosh has tried to get 5 players "transfered" from Westside so that they can play for UBC. Or something like that - any in the know on this?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What does bottom qualifiers mean? Who would that be? A team that may be relegated but has a strong Imperial cup, or Pack Cup run and makes it to the provincials or a team mid table who get in through the league standings?

Why UBC? Penticton, Kelowna, Khalsa or PAU don't qualify? Who's making the decision? Don’t get me wrong I have no issue with the PCSL getting a spot.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've also heard that Mosh has tried to get 5 players "transfered" from Westside so that they can play for UBC. Or something like that - any in the know on this?

When is the transfer dead line?

Not sure there can be one, two leagues that allow players to play for different teams.
So as long as Westside doesn't make the BC's, then now problem, but what if they do?
Big problem.

hos

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why UBC? Penticton, Kelowna, Khalsa or PAU don't qualify? Who's making the decision? Don’t get me wrong I have no issue with the PCSL getting a spot.

Assuming it's based on last year's league results Victoria is the top PCSL team, but according to CS they declined, so it goes to 2nd place... UBC.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC is going to be appealing these decisions in terms of the Jan. 15th deadline.......we have one player who has been requested to transfer........the players are all allowed to play this weekend and probably next week........funny how that works.......how many players are at Westside?

:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
really!

there is something at play but it is not even close to being decided, how anyone can claim they know what's happening when the competitions committee hasn't even met until next wednesday.....duuuuuh!:cool:

Cloughie, I'm still going out on a limb here and saying this is going to happen.....:eek:

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
here's what it says on the fvsl site:

"This year the Provincial Cup OPEN Men's Tournament will include 20 teams. VMSL- 9, VISL- 5, FVSL- 5, PCSL- 1. Each league has a seeded team in the 1st Round who will be given a BYE in the Preliminary round along with 8 other teams. The DRAW will be held march 25th and the Preliminary round (8 teams) will take place on the weekend of April 5/6. Finals will be held in Chilliwack on May 10th."

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0