Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCPL- BC Premier League: Proposal

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Who will come out on top in the VMSL 2009/10

Hey JBN,

Tell whomever is feeding you that info to come out from behind his OWN username and post the info. Seriously, nothing burns me more than so-called higher ups putting down TTP discussions based on this premise when they themselves apparently don't have the nuts to do so themselves :mad:

And besides, pretty much everyone who has weighed in on this topic here are KNOWN.

~woundup.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I am honestly not at the windup here.

Personally I want the league to be a go ahead and see a buy in. But I am not any sort of a stakeholder... So it is irrelevant. I am not playing one side to be a donkey or stir up post activity...or be a shite disturber.

I don't see stake holders, in favor of the league, aside from ghouse and a few other known Valley guys, having the other side put forward, which means there aren't any, or they can't for a variety of reasons come on TTP and argue their points, (which is debatable for sure but I digress) or they don't care about the community chatter enough to get into a public e-pissing match.

Whichever it is, I am not doing anyones dirty work. i was forwarded some info and we'll leave it at that. I am not repping anyone here. I am just passing along info.

As far as being known, I don't know a lot of these guys, and I have been a TTP member for a long time, which means there are going to be people that read TTP and haven't the foggiest idea who some of the folks are... I know it's not rocket science sometimes when reading references in posts or looking at the TTP Events Picture galleries etc...

I'll leave it alone now. Just thought I'd pop in and play D.A. with info that was forwarded my way. That is all.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can someone who was at the meeting please explain to JBN that the "vote" was to go forward to find out more information about how this would work... not for the approval to join the BCPL. Please. Kippax? Burnro? Bueller?

This really seems to be the main issue...a vote to go forward and find out more info turns into a vote to accept the new league. Diabolical.

Rob Reed

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Reedie, so you are saying this year the race will be to finish 5th not 1st to avoid the Super league :)

No, it would be quite fun to finish first and decline the offer :D

Seriously, if all the vmsl teams voted to accept this new league, then I would support it.

Rob Reed

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Also, some investigative sleuthing on my part has come up with some stuff that may or may not surprise some people here, but obviously not all the facts are being shared fairly and equitably, so here goes..

1. A Major Sponsor is in the works. I'll leave it just at that.
2. Travel is a concern, but it has been/is being addressed. See point 1 and other plans will help.
3. I was also told that JUST the Premier teams, from each home league, did vote, and it PASSED UNANIMOUSLY
4. Then the League Executives voted, again a pass unanimously.
5. The committee set up parameters in which the home leagues were to work in, therefore if one league's teams feel particularly hard done by, it's the home leagues fault and not the BCPL Committee... funny that the teams in the home league with the most to lose (Sense of entitlement blah blah blah) are the ones whinging about this now

All of this can be backed up with Meeting Minutes, which is obviously a lot more truthful and accurate than hearsay and rumor mongering on the part of us folk rabbitting on about it on TTP behind the anonymity of usernames.

An absolute ****ing porky pie when it comes to the VMSL.........

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

So that leaves 6 spots from the rest of the province?

Wow.

Why not?

Home cup winner from each league and the League winner from each Home league Premier Division. Either way you are rewarded for playing in the "elite" league, or winning your way there, or knocking off a team(s) in that "elite" league while not being a part of it in the home league cup competition.

kind of makes sense to me...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I am honestly not at the windup here.

Personally I want the league to be a go ahead and see a buy in. But I am not any sort of a stakeholder... So it is irrelevant. I am not playing one side to be a donkey or stir up post activity...or be a shite disturber.

I don't see stake holders, in favor of the league, aside from ghouse and a few other known Valley guys, having the other side put forward, which means there aren't any, or they can't for a variety of reasons come on TTP and argue their points, (which is debatable for sure but I digress) or they don't care about the community chatter enough to get into a public e-pissing match.

Whichever it is, I am not doing anyones dirty work. i was forwarded some info and we'll leave it at that. I am not repping anyone here. I am just passing along info.

As far as being known, I don't know a lot of these guys, and I have been a TTP member for a long time, which means there are going to be people that read TTP and haven't the foggiest idea who some of the folks are... I know it's not rocket science sometimes when reading references in posts or looking at the TTP Events Picture galleries etc...

I'll leave it alone now. Just thought I'd pop in and play D.A. with info that was forwarded my way. That is all.

Are you now a league executive member of the new league? Will you and your mates be looking to start a supporters club like the Whitecaps games? That would be fantastic.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why not?

Home cup winner from each league and the League winner from each Home league Premier Division. Either way you are rewarded for playing in the "elite" league, or winning your way there, or knocking off a team(s) in that "elite" league while not being a part of it in the home league cup competition.

kind of makes sense to me...

Nothing better than limiting the amount of teams who can have a shot at a cup, eh?

FA Cup Executive

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyone Anyone? :D

Really I am not trying to stir the pot. I am trying to play devils advocate.

I have no stake in this at all, aside from perhaps being a spectator at BCPL Matches.

I feel like, perhaps, the VMSL potentially did not follow the protocol, or they did and potential meathead managers weren't willing to pull the wax out of their ears and listen well enough to hear what was being voted on...

If this is the case, either way, the teams have a gripe with Azzi and the VMSL. As far as I can tell the VISL and FVSL are 100% in and raring to go.

also about informing me, like I said I don't care one way or the other... I am being told from multiple good sources that the post I made containing the facts are the facts as help by the BCPL Committee and by others. I am just passing along information while playing a bit of devils advocate.
~Don'tShootTheMessenger. ;)

I can sort of understand why the fvsl is "raring to go"...who knows about the visl?

But what about the vmsl premier, the best league of the three and arguably the top amateur league in Canada? Are they all raring to go? I have yet to see someone from a vmsl premier team come into this forum and say that they support this league 100% and that they voted to accept the new league.

The vmsl has the most to lose from this deal and the new BC Premier League would quite possibly be a step below the vmsl premier league, as it stands now.

Rob Reed

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I want to know when the BC Masters Super League is going to be started. :mad:

That's when I'll start playing again........

ShipItMuppet

Apr 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

I heard alleyezonme is starting his own league to rival the superleague.

All games will be played at Endersby Park in Delta, and the league will be subsequently called the E.P.P.T. (Endersby Park Pro Tour). Provisions are in place for the new league to start up this fall.

Unfortunately, this new league will be recruiting 3/4 of SU big egos. These players will receive "free" G.I.B IPA's for every goal they score and a complimentary "3" zone transit pass.

There is a possible TV deal to be put in place as well. Delta Cable is in serious contract talks to remove the saturday night lineup of the "fire log show" and "Delta politics unleashed!" with the E.P.P.T.

Hope everyone can support the new wave of B.C. soccer! It's an exciting time.

Any players or teams interested please BBM: 778-999-3894

LOL yur an idiot. Go make another drum with Cheechoo

soccerking

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

i attended the first meeting when this was brought up..... we were told that a committee would be formed and then all 12 premier teams would meet again and all questions would be answered..... this was not done..... the proposal was approved at the AGM by the majority of the lower divisions.... SUFF rep

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

i attended the first meeting when this was brought up..... we were told that a committee would be formed and then all 12 premier teams would meet again and all questions would be answered..... this was not done..... the proposal was approved at the AGM by the majority of the lower divisions.... SUFF rep
The proposal was approved overwhelmingly. They didn't even need to count the votes. I don't buy the arguent that the lower divisions voted in favour and Premier voted against it. Presumably SUFF, which has more than one vote because it has more than one team, cast all votes the same way, (or else they are stupid). I saw reps for clubs with Premier teams vote in favour.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

In my personal opinion, this is a dumb idea for the VMSL. Any top VMSL team would be playing against watered down competetition (from what I have seen lately, and sorry, just being honest), but elite FVSL and VISL teams would probably be middle of the table in VMSL Prem. Add that to travelling all over the place at a significant cost for an amateur VMSL side does not make sense to me anyway. Maybe it would make sense for mid or lower level VMSL sides, or a team that had a ton of money (ACBC?) but with all due respect to Reedie, who is guiding a newly promoted side which probably he himself will project as mid table this year, he is pretty against it it seems. I say we do it in the BCs, the FVSL and VISL teams can shine there if they deserve it.

PS, this happened in the 70s (that edition of the Coast League), and it didn't work then...

Back to work now.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

But isn't the idea to one day have a semi pro league in BC? I know Ontario do it and I think Quebec does also. With MLS coming we need something more for our up and comers plus University kids to play in. A league with 10 quality teams playing competitive matches on a weekly basis.

I believe the semi pro leagues also have a birth in a major competition. I'm sorry but rec beer leagues will never be looked at as being serious. We need something more serious that brings a more professional atmosphere and approach if we are trying to put soccer on the map. The system we have been using is good, just not great.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Polska, some day you will be my age.

MG.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

To address the Provincials Issue...It wont be any different than before. The same amount of teams from each league will qualify.
League cups will still be run the same way with each team playing in their home leagues cup.
Guys ..this is and has been passed and is a done deal moveing forward..Embrace it and get to it cause you will be left behind..The few complaining the most are the teams threatened to not make the cut.
But as many have said its only a matter of time till all the VMSL teams are in (5-6 years) and only 1 FVSL and 1 VISL team will be left..;)

Or Not

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0