Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCSPL, stacking teams and it's eventual self destruction?

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
"At first...but then as the league develops, it may begin to see the value of partnering with so-called tier 2 clubs and eventually raise the overall caliber of player. I'm not suggesting that we go to a draft but there will be excellent players who will not make their first choice of team who will then be available to other teams. The greater the development, the faster parity or something like it will be reached."

I do hope that you're right Phil, I do have faith ( not unwavering ) that this will be the case. Having said that I do worry that those players you mention will opt for Metro rather than their 2nd choice HPL squad.

I think "at first" might be the key words...but I do hope you're right.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bollocks.......certain clubs have certain people in their 'franchise' which 'encourages' players to go there for one reason and one reason only...............figure it out.

Again...so what?

This is an elite league, isn't it? It is meant to remove all barriers and allow clubs to try and attract the best players available, no?

If the top 12-16 players end up on one team due to the club's affiliation, then that just means that the club has done more to attract those players. I don't see it as a negative. It will raise the level of competition on all fronts.

Except for the little fact remaining that players need to come up w/ an arm and leg to play on the team...that little detail is still fcuked (my big word of the day for you, Sirem).

Outwest

Apr 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
MUFC will always have an advantage due to the central location of the BLW west fields. It remains to be seen if "regular" HPL players will travel across the lower mainland for HPL (if spots on the local team are taken), as opposed to playing for their local MSL teams.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again...so what?

This is an elite league, isn't it? It is meant to remove all barriers and allow clubs to try and attract the best players available, no?

If the top 12-16 players end up on one team due to the club's affiliation, then that just means that the club has done more to attract those players. I don't see it as a negative. It will raise the level of competition on all fronts.

Except for the little fact remaining that players need to come up w/ an arm and leg to play on the team...that little detail is still fcuked (my big word of the day for you, Sirem).

Dude, to keep it simple.......there is a conflict of interest in several of the clubs. That is wrong. Or is that okay too?

BTW, do you support the Yankees? Real Madrid?

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, to keep it simple.......there is a conflict of interest in several of the clubs. That is wrong. Or is that okay too?

Captain Shamrock, are you referring to the young girls BC team memebers going to South Fraser by chance?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I know what you're getting at and can guess of some of the conflicts you speak of. My point being there are bigger fish to fry in sorting out this leagues issues. The community is too small right now to avoid conflicts of issue, and besides, will boundaries really solve those conflict issues? Apples and oranges?

And, again...the comparisons w/ professional leagues is a bit of a stretch.

But...Barca, for the record.

geezer

Aug 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps were not beaten by tactics Base. Caps were beaten by an extremely fit, and physical dominant Houston side while the Caps were left with just fielding a pretty much "B" side bar Demerit, Nolly, and Rochat and maybe Sanvezzo. The rest are not first choice.

Yes, a good coach can turn any team around given time. At youth level.

That is why all the top clubs don't have coaches or managers right? C'mon use your head the manager is usually the biggest attraction or detraction for a players descision of going to a club. Look how long it took Chelsea to recover from Ray wilkins departure and he was just a #2. Professional leadership and a pedigree of winning is always important and it starts at the top, youth amateur or pro. A good manager will always win out against a weaker one Schalke 04 Inter anyone. Mourinho Porto side with a the time a bunch of no names, give your head a shake.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0