Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best amatuer player currently playing in BC?

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby, did anyone from Whitecaps or BCSA approach you and offer you a job within those two organizations? To make it clear, you are one of the few coaches I talk about when I sometimes write here about some local coaches who deserve all kind of credits for their work with youth but it always seems (to me) that the wrong guys somehow end up being promoted (if work for BCSA or Whitecaps actually can be considered as some kind of a promotion).

When you mentioned your 1992 generation as guinea pigs I can tell you that the situation is not better with generation before 1992 (obviously I am talking about 1991 who had some great, great talented players lost in ridiculous BCSA and Whitecaps "systems") or currently with all those kids playing in HPL (or BCPL whatever the name is). A lot of great players do not even want to play HPT (BCPL) and they keep playing Metro/Selects that gets bypassed by Provincial and/or Whitecaps "authorities".

Unfortunately, it is too late for 1991s or 1992s (they are now 22, 23 year old and pros like Hurtado, Mattocks, Teibert, etc. already are taking their places). I can still see some familiar names among Whitecaps U-23 team and keep wondering how many U-xx teams Whitecaps are going to have. U-23 now, what is next? U-27 maybe? Just ridiculous.

Finally, when you were working with your team (1992) and some other good coaches with older generations we (here in BC) had generally a lot more success everywhere. Once all that somehow got under BCSA and Whitecaps greedy jurisdiction (and their experiments) everything now looks dark. Correct me if I am wrong. Cheers!

Did you just call mattocks hurtado and tiebrt pro? Wow

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If somebody is actually giving them money for playing, then yes, they would be considered "professional." Even if their level of play dictates otherwise.

Then again, I get money for winning games in the Kamloops tourney every summer, so I'm a pro too...:rolleyes:

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cant even get my 270 dollar regi fee payed for, sucks to suck. VMSL guys on that Dortmund wages time.

HAPPY GILMOUR

Aug 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alexander Marrello is the best all around player in vmsl no question asked not one other player that can do the things he can do on both sides of the ball. If I was to start a team today without a question he would be my first pick

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It really depends on what your looking for. I agree with happy g though. Alex would be my first overall pick as well. Two way midfielder, and great on both sides of the ball. Some of the names mentioned are great attackers, sure.

Crazy-K

Feb 22, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alexander Marrello is the best all around player in vmsl no question asked not one other player that can do the things he can do on both sides of the ball. If I was to start a team today without a question he would be my first pick

U must be drunk he's good but not that good

Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish you could have come to the game this weekend to see how good this "A.M." played .

easily a starting 11 on the v.m.s.l.-all-star team.but i still think johnny .

If i played defence and had a choice between between jonny or alex to attack me 1-1.....
i would say please dont let it be johnny.

watch this johnny play-he makes it look like he is having fun out there . . .
watch this alex play-he is busting his ass flying,sliding......

enuff said.....
i would like to thank my sponsors, who make this comment possible.......

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
under the Radar of the prem teams this season is
Santiago Sanchez 34 goals in summer multicultural league
Now on Tigers div1

rxter

Sep 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Justin Wallace now signed with CMF Wolves. (quality footballer)
Adding another name to the list. Navid Mashinchi

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
under the Radar of the prem teams this season is
Santiago Sanchez 34 goals in summer multicultural league
Now on Tigers div1

Having said that, why doesn't the vmsl track goals for divisions under premier? It's easy enough, they track yellow/red cards so why not goals? Does anyone care? I think it would be great and long overdue.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having said that, why doesn't the vmsl track goals for divisions under premier? It's easy enough, they track yellow/red cards so why not goals? Does anyone care? I think it would be great and long overdue.

Because nobody cares about never-beens. Let's be honest, we play for the love of the game. Who cares about stats? But we digress and risk getting "Regsed."

Vince Stewart is a damned fine player and gets my vote. What's more is he's a class act on and off the pitch.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not arguing that we play for the love of the game but it would be nice to see who's lighting up there respective divisions. Say there's a div1 striker who's bagging a lot of goals and come imperial cup time, maybe people will go watch his team play a prem team to see if he and his team can make an impact. Upsets are few and far in between because the gap from divisions is so great but it could bring out interest. No? Grasping at straws? haha
It works the other way around too. I remember playing the pacific 96ers in div one and Eggy scored atleast 4 against us with a man down. I don't think he was ever high on the prem scoring charts.
Anyways, best player...always been a fan of Johnny. Don't know if he's the best, so many good players in the league nowadays!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because nobody cares about never-beens. Let's be honest, we play for the love of the game. Who cares about stats? But we digress and risk getting "Regsed."

Vince Stewart is a damned fine player and gets my vote. What's more is he's a class act on and off the pitch.

Vinnie is a rare breed these days. Loyal and caring. Passionate. A key player on and off the field. An absolute credit to SU!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0