Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best Bang for the Buck

Best Bang for the Buck

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember the time when I only bought Diadoras. The CRD90s were probably the best boot I owned. Then I moved on to the Diadora Mars. A black boot with navy trim and a silver swoosh. Likely the worst boots I ever wore.

No, this thread is not titled "Does the boot make the player?" That thread can be found under the title "Pet Peeves on the Pitch."

What's the best boot on the market? Is it the F50's and their $250 price tag? Or is the Captain's choice: a $50 pair of Adidas NASL's?

For me, I've moved on to Copas and I have had no complaints the past 4 years, other than the fact you can't get more than two solid seasons out of them.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The CRD90s were probably the best boot I owned.
My favs as well.

Also agree on the 2 year Copa shout... some of the Nikes I've had were great too... very, very light.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had high hopes for this thread until I found out you wanted to talk about footwear.

I've got the new Nikes. Dunno what they're called, but they are black and have a white swoosh down the side. They don't do much if anything for my game either though I look a hell of alot cooler putting my first touch into the parking lot.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Puma King's have always been nice, but i prefer the all black Classics.
If i can find them anywhere.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think buying from the big stores is your best bet. All the local soccer shops are rip-offs who are only in it for the money. All of them.

:D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Puma King's have always been nice, but i prefer the all black Classics.
If i can find them anywhere.

Puma Kings are actually really nice boots, from what I hear the copa's are really nice as well but I have never tried them. If you have a realitivly thin foot I know i already preached this a bit the adidas F50's are the best boots I have ever worn and I have heard the same from pretty much everybody who has bought them. They are a little pricy a bit ridiculous actually $199 I believe but well worth it if you can afford it. soccer west in vancouver on manitoba and something not sure the cross road. It has two stores combined one store is all last year models and older for really cheap prices and the actual soccer west is all newer boots. every time they get a new colour of the same boot they seem to knock down the price of the other one. I went to like 5 or 6 stores and they had the cheapest deals on all the best boots.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I had high hopes for this thread until I found out you wanted to talk about footwear.

Dude was confused as well. He PM'ed me and wanted to know why your wife wasn't part of the poll.

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I prefer Adidas boots, they definitely suit a player with a narrow foot. Recently I bought a pair of Mundial Team turf cleats for the first time, they appear to be extremely durable because the sole of the shoe is so thick, it takes some practice to get used to them though, the inside of the foot shot is an adjustment. I've tried on Joma's and they were like wearing a pair of sandals, Morientes must have some huge fu*king feet. Jaco, if your ankles are as obese as everyone claims these might be your best bet. :D I usually shop at the old Lenarduzzi's on 80th and Scott, I think it's called Pro-Am now, funny how I get $40 to $50 off everytime I go. :rolleyes:

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
copa's hands down, for the price (depending on where you go, and who you know, $100-150) and quality they can't be beat. It's unfortunate that they only last two years, but it could be worse, they could cost $200 and only last two years

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial,

Best bang for the buck implies one has paid.

Now fcuk off would you...busy, you know.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed with Yoda (did I really say that?) :eek:

Puma are about the only manufacturer (along with Umbro) who make stuff wide enough to fit my Gollum flippers and allow me to put my ankle brace into them as well. :rolleyes:

Best deal so far was on a pair of last year's Classics from North America - got them for a song. Hopefully they'll last a bit longer than my average in recent years (about 10 months). A bit tough with the time I spend on the pitch normally (coaching and playing time), but the feet are lovin' it....

Jaco - where or what you buy doesn't really matter, as long as they fit your feet and scar-tissued ankles.

beers,

stew :cool:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0