Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

boston or tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
as a canuck fan !who would you rather play the lightening or boston !
we all know BRONCObackmountain is going for one of these two (canuck hater):eek::bronco:not the nucks
lets hear it boys

sid

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Tampa will offer a better series as they have the ability (or at least more of the ability) to skate with the Canucks.
Boston has the better goaltending...
Tampa has excellent special teams, Boston really struggles on the PP.

I don't really think either team are a match for the Nucks and were really essentially always just a nuisance to either the Nucks or Sharks going to the Cup Presentation.

If It's Boston it'll be over in 5, If It's Tampa 6-tops.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont want to see a 6ft 8 monster standing infront of Luongo on the power play! I think we learned that last year against Chicago with Byfuglien(sp) didnt we? Hope it's Tampa

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tampa.

Boston are the East version of Nashville, and you have to know Lucic has been reviewing tapes of Buffeglin from last season. He'd be in Luongo's kitchen all series, and you know how he would love to win a Cup against Vancouver.

As for Tampa...it seems the 'Nucks excel against any team that wants to skate and try to trade punches.

Agree that either or is fine at this point, I just view it differently, but 'Nucks to win in 6 either way.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canucks are not losing the Stanley Cup now.........end of story. Team of destiny and they had NO business winning the last two games against San Jose...........BUT they did and that is why they are not going to be denied. Tampa Bay will put up a better show than Boston because of its' fire power.......but relying on a fossil in goal is a lot

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boston.

Just because they are an original six club.

VANCOUVER WINS FIRST STANLEY CUP WITH FOUR GAME SWEEP OVER THE BRUINS IN BOSTON

there's your headline.

the 7-6-5-4 games to win over the four series theory.

Ocean of wishful thinking - but I like it!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
boston is the weaker team....there special teams is the shits and canucks have to much fire power 5on 5.....goaltending edge is loungo both rolo and thomas have been the shits so far

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope your not another unknowledge fan who thinks that Loungo isnt a top three goalie...
umm....I'm pretty sure he was making fun of your spelling of his name. (Loungo vs. Luongo)

Tampa is weak on the back end and their goalie's can't stop a puck right now. Having said that, they are quite potent up front and could pose a problem for the Canucks. They are also playing a very stifling (and boring) 1-3-1 that a less creative team (such as Pittsburgh or Boston) or poorly coached team (Washington - sorry, I think Boudreau has no real coaching style other than a lot of F-bombs) would have trouble with. However, the Canucks can penetrate this system with speed and skill. Their team game will destroy it. Also, their speed will cause fits for slow guys like Ohlund.

Canucks in four.

Boston are big and lumbering. I tend to agree with the description that they're "Nashville of the East," although I would suggest the Weber and Suter are marginally better than Chara and Seidenberg. Boston also has a slightly better attack. Through the first three rounds of the playoffs, Tim thomas has been doing one hell of a Jekyll and Hyde impersonation. Some nights he's brilliant. Others, I expect Tukka Rask to hop over the boards. The Canucks speed will be too much, as will their deep back end.

Canucks in four.

As you can see, I don't care who they play. It will be over fast.:knvb::wa:

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would love to see Tampa Bay win the Stanley Cup. Reason being is having a very close eye view of the Cup when a certain nephew playing with them wins it. :)

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would love to see Tampa Bay win the Stanley Cup. Reason being is having a very close eye view of the Cup when a certain nephew playing with them wins it. :)

Phantom looks like you will have to wait a year or two before you see the Cup in a close eye view!!:D Hopefully your nephew doesn't get traded as TB has a good team and have a great GM in Stevie Y!!

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup sure does look like it won't be Tampa. Berg, Tyrell is the nephew. Doesn't get alot of minutes, but, proud of him for getting to where he is today with Tampa

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bruins in six. They've had the Canucks and Luongos number for three years. Can you say Chara in front of "knees on the ice before the puck is even shot" Luongo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0