Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bradner Cup Bradner 2014/2015 Open 1/2/3/U-21

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, no shame is losing to a superior team. United just needs to tighten up the midfield and I think they will have a good shot at the Presidents cup this year. Maybe a rematch with Langley. Will be interesting to see how that U-21 team does against a Div-1 team.
I think they would win div 1 pretty easily over a season, in a cup game however a top div 1 team could beat them though. They won it last year beating a bunch of div 1 teams with definetly a less talented team.

WCFCUnited10

Oct 28, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done to Gunners U-21. We haven't been that outplayed in a while. EB from the
Canadian Nationals winning Sparta squad was a nightmare for our defense. Add in those Japanese brothers as well to an already strong core team and you have a pretty scary squad.

Im just happy we scored twice after some of the gunners fans bragging to ours there's no way a div 3 team could get one on them. They will be tough to beat for anyone that's forsure great team and good attitudes from the players as well.

CFCDIV1

Feb 22, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack FC 2 - 1 PMO U21

Good game all around. PMO controlled the game early and had some good chances (including a PK in the opening minutes) but were unable to capitalize. Chilliwack opened the scoring before PMO tied it up 1-1 before half. Both teams battled in the 2nd half - Chilliwack scored about mid-way through the 2nd, and then had a man sent off (2nd yellow) with about 15 to play. PMO came on strong at the end but couldn't get the equalizer.

As has been said above, not sure what those guys are getting out of playing at the U21 level, can't be enjoyable having a goal difference over 100.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Souta and Rikki play? Or are they still awaiting entry back into the country from Japan. Im sure they can keep fit playing in the J league in the meantime.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
... As has been said above, not sure what those guys are getting out of playing at the U21 level, can't be enjoyable having a goal difference over 100.

The fact they're registered to u21 allows them to play on permit for any division whenever possible plus I'm sure Pomo is looking for a u21 provincial title, however not sure if the lack of competition in their current division will help come April ..

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I notice there was a separate Bradner Cup for Division 4 teams. Was 2014/15 the first season that Division 4 clubs weren't involved in the Bradner Open, or has that always been the case?

If the former, why the change?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year the league had a Bradner cup for all the various levels, trying to broaden the service and give the lower divisions a real opportunity to win a cup. Many div 3's and 4's were not bothering to enter for fear of a proper waxing at the hands of a top div 1 team. It went quite well I think. We're always trying to improve it...

~HTHBH

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice. I'd love it if each of the three BC leagues had a completely open cup. I suppose the VISL McGavin Cup is the closest to that, although few clubs (12 this season?) actually join it.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree KN, I think it was a great idea. Not only for the lower divisions but for the Div 1 and Premier guys that don't want to get hacked for an hour and a half by us.
I play for Bradner and have for the last 16 seasons as well as back when I was 17 and 18 before the team disbanded back in the early 80"s.

We as a group really appreciate the league continuing the Bradner Cup tradition and broadening it.

Thank You to the league exec.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only my mom calls me KN, but since you said some nice things about the league, I'll let you too.

Don't tell anyone though...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0