Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brazil (U20's) are coming (Victoria, maybe Vancouver) early

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada U-20 Men’s National Team Announces Brazil Games
Thursday, January 26, 2006

Ottawa, Ontario - The Canadian Soccer Association has finalized an agreement with the Confederaçao Brasileira de Futebol (Brazilian Football Confederation) that will see Brazil’s U-20 National Team travel to Canada for a series of games against Canada’s U-20 Men’s National Team in May 2006.

The first match of the series has been earmarked for Edmonton’s Commonwealth Stadium on May 19, 2006. The second will be played three days later on May 22 at Victoria’s Centennial Stadium on the campus of the University of Victoria.

Negotiations regarding a third match in Vancouver are close to being finalised and information regarding this date will be released when known.

Specific details regarding the kick-off times and tickets for this series will be announced shortly.

“Any time you have the opportunity to compete with the world's top soccer nation it is an honour as well as a massive test,” said Canadian Head Coach Dale Mitchell.

“We are delighted to get them here in Canada and give our boys a taste of what the summer of 2007 will be like. It will be a big challenge for us but one that I'm sure will help us down the road."

brazil_logo.gif

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nah, Brazil are shite to watch. They just hump it down the field again and again.

Uh, ya, I think I'll be going to this one. Imagine some of the players Brazil will have there. Not to mention the female Brazilian talent that would be out.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In. Hopefully the Caps are somehow involved. Jeff Shae has been suiting up for mighty LUFC Athletic this year; he could hook us up for a TTP group event.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely in. Just picked up my new Brasil shirt on Isla Mujeres yesterday, so I've got to wear it somewhere....

Trece

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is all going tonite!?

Kerlon and Diogo are playing for the U20's from Brazil!

Kerlon is the kid that is infamous for the "Seal dribble"
Basically he can stall the ball on his forhead, and keep it there, he runs the length of the field with the ball balanced on his forhead...Sickening...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yeah, and if you call Shea at the Caps there are still a few hundred tix or so left for this, hopefully the weather holds on for us!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brasil 3
Canada 1

Two own goals by Canada. Some decent soccer.

Couple things...
There were 50 or so Brasilians in a section on each side. Louder then thousands of Canadians.
When the anthem was sung, the Brasilians were louder.
We tried to get some Canada chants going,... nothing.. everyone quiet. HURTING!!
no passion in this Country.
And all those Brasilian shirts.
Honestly. poor outing by the crowd. Brasil probably felt more at home... minus the temperature and 50000 less fans. ha..

If we do get this New Stadium, we also need to order in some passionate fans.
even the highlites were under 30 seconds. The media isn't even behind this. They go more in depth on two american baseball teams then Brasil vs Canada.
HURTING HURTING HURTING
How is the soccer in this country going to get better with this b.s. no love.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought young Keegan Ayre did a good job spraying the ball around as a young 17 year old.

It was good to see Young Ayrsey playing for his country like Old Gary his dad did way back in the day.

Nice.

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The lack of fan support was truly disappointing. Memories of the Canada vs Guatamala, WC qualifying game, last year, where Guatamala, had more fans, and it looked like the Canadian team was the away team.:eek:
As for getting the fans to yell, scream, chant, sing, etc. IMO, the Canadian fans are just way to reserved for such behaviour, or simply aren't passionate enough. Jeez, even Trece, in a Brazilian shirt...:eek:
I'm a Brazilian supporter until they play Canada....
We were definitely out classed by the Brazilians, not sure if it was intimidation or just not have the skill level. For most of the game we had more players behind the ball, and therefore resorting to long balls, to strikers who had little or no support. This team has the potential to be more competitive against the likes of Brazil. It may be more worthwhile for these young lads to play against less teams. Getting schooled by the likes of Brazil in your own backyard, doesn't do much for their confidence.
All this in my humble opinion, being the best damn armchair football that I am...:knvb:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed on the Keegan Ayre shout, I thought he did very well with the limited amount of time he had.

Anyone feel that Peters wasn't very good last night? I've read a few reports wanking on about how good he was last night but I just didn't see it... I thought the complete opposite in fact. He looked lazy, dribbled straight into defenders - the few times he did manage to swing a ball into the box seemed to be the result of some generous bounces going his way - his speed will only get him so far I think.

I also thought D'augustino (sp?) did well with his limited action (good showing by the local boys - thought A. Elliott should have gotten some hometown PT).

Can't stand the way Nunez plays - I know he is young but jeezus :rolleyes:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lombardo looked good with the goal and a noticeable upswing in energy afterward. Good poise on the ball (relatively speaking). Potentially a new leader in a couple of years...

2 own goals...nerves? Shouldn't have been in the 3rd game of a series, but the kind of miscues that are hard to explain otherwise. Boys were definitely not completely outclassed, which is a promising sign.

D: my Brazilian shirt collection and I go back a ways, as you should remember. Ask Mario Baff about that. Patriotic, but still pragmatic enough to like watching the potential for artistry on the ball.

Trece

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0