Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brazil vs Canada? [Result: 3-2 Brazil]

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Brazil vs Canada?

I saw them play in Edmonton in the 90s. It was a very windy day and I believe was a 1-1 tie (or maybe 1-0 Brazil??), but then again, I was corked. I ended up going with a bunch of the old guys from the Edm SW Kickers (friends of Guyle McQuaig's). One meathead on their team ends up getting into a fight in the stands (and losing). He then gets into another fight and loses a second time in the parking lot on the way out. At least both eyes then matched.

The Brazilian women at the game were fabulous.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would most likely be in, as would Wolfgang.

But everyone is missing the big picture here so far...

WHY IS THIS DAMN GAME NOT HAPPENING IN CANADA!!!???

I know the obvious reason is that it is a Sounder FC Initiative, but why not come another 2 hours up the I-5 and play in Vancouver FFS!? They are going to be playing CANADA of all teams.

The CSA surely has to be dissoveld and re built from the ground up.

How much $$$ would a properly organised Canada vs Brazil match generate if it was done like the glamour friendly between the Caps and Beckhams at BC Place?

Are the not always oaning about resources and funding!?

I know many people came strictly to take pictures of Male Model Bex, but surely the likes of Ronaldinho and Robinho and Kaka etc would draw 50k+ proper futbal fans?!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin

Well, at the same time, why are the Whitecaps playing the Galaxy in Edmonton?

Or why does Brazil play Sweden at Wembley? Or why did Mexico play China in Seattle last night?

My thoughts are let the CSA sort out their current mess and not try and heap more on them, take the game for what it is, a gift to go see some of the best players in the world vs some of the not-so-best :)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would most likely be in, as would Wolfgang.

But everyone is missing the big picture here so far...

WHY IS THIS DAMN GAME NOT HAPPENING IN CANADA!!!???

I know the obvious reason is that it is a Sounder FC Initiative, but why not come another 2 hours up the I-5 and play in Vancouver FFS!? They are going to be playing CANADA of all teams.

The CSA surely has to be dissoveld and re built from the ground up.

How much $$$ would a properly organised Canada vs Brazil match generate if it was done like the glamour friendly between the Caps and Beckhams at BC Place?

Are the not always oaning about resources and funding!?

I know many people came strictly to take pictures of Male Model Bex, but surely the likes of Ronaldinho and Robinho and Kaka etc would draw 50k+ proper futbal fans?!

My guess is it's a stadium issue. Obviously not for Swanguard, you could make an arguement to use BC Place but it does suck. That and everything else you said.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Uh Huh.

The Whitecaps are playing LA in Edmonton because people there have a love affair with Bex too, and they have no pro team, we are the closest thing, and the Caps stand to make good dosh on it. They are well run...well as well-run as their resources allow for...

I wonder who pays the logistical costs of arranging all the Canadian Players to get to Seattle?...The CSA. Who pays for the kits to be washed, the trainers to be paid, the hotel bills for the players, the perdiems etc...

With what we have seen from the CSA the only money they will make is the appearance fee for being cannon fodder for the Brazilians....

If they would show some stones they would say fine...great...we will take a reduced fee to be cannon fodder, and play on lets say Saturday the 7th in Seattle, but then we will take the Brazilians to Vancouver to play a return leg the following saturday.

2 games one as a Seattle Sounders FC Initiative and one as a CSA Glamour friendly, shared logistical costs...and they can sell the Canadian game as a CSA function.

But there I go thinking like a businessman again and not a dumbass CSA politicko.

**Edit** : Back on topic,

TTP Roadie to Seattle for this would be amazing!!!

we could easily fill a bus with TTP'ers and mates of TTP'ers I'm sure.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'd go.

Maybe even sneak a Mariners game in.

someone would have to be in charge of my passport though, i left it at Seahawks stadium somehow. :rolleyes:.

Along with my wallet and a jacket and my cell phone.

At least my battery had power, we noticed at the Tulalip and made a phone call.Guest services answered as was my prayer. :D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Uh Huh.

The Whitecaps are playing LA in Edmonton because people there have a love affair with Bex too, and they have no pro team, we are the closest thing, and the Caps stand to make good dosh on it. They are well run...well as well-run as their resources allow for...

I wonder who pays the logistical costs of arranging all the Canadian Players to get to Seattle?...The CSA. Who pays for the kits to be washed, the trainers to be paid, the hotel bills for the players, the perdiems etc...

With what we have seen from the CSA the only money they will make is the appearance fee for being cannon fodder for the Brazilians....

If they would show some stones they would say fine...great...we will take a reduced fee to be cannon fodder, and play on lets say Saturday the 7th in Seattle, but then we will take the Brazilians to Vancouver to play a return leg the following saturday.

2 games one as a Seattle Sounders FC Initiative and one as a CSA Glamour friendly, shared logistical costs...and they can sell the Canadian game as a CSA function.

But there I go thinking like a businessman again and not a dumbass CSA politicko.

**Edit** : Back on topic,

TTP Roadie to Seattle for this would be amazing!!!

we could easily fill a bus with TTP'ers and mates of TTP'ers I'm sure.

I don't think it would be a problem either filling a bus, I'm just hoping if it happens the dates work out.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Intriguing.

Thinking Brazil has a shot in this one. You know, considering the venue, they should have a slight edge.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

No way Dude,

Not if that technical genius Dale Mitchell is at the helm, Brazil would be lucky to lose by only 3 or 4 ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just an FYI, I intended to post the second best reason (besides Regs') for attending this game...

Apparently, if you search "Brazilian Asses" on the Intraweb, it takes you to a bunch of pron sites.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BA,

You don't need a passport if travelling by land?

JBN,

I think what is plausible here is that Brazil was signed up for the game but they needed a team to play... other coutries were probably contacted but had other commitments so then Canada was asked. Should they turn it down? Of course not! And if they did, surely you and everyone else in this country would be roasting the CSA for such a bonehead decision.

:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

absolutely, but can they spin this into more of a positive playing a second leg on HOME soil now that they are only 2 hours by I-5 away?

That would be really cool if they could...

Army,
You don't need a passport by land, yet... I know they are getting more and more sticky though... Last time we went through for a Hawks game we had 3 with passports and one with a DL and other ID and they hauled us in and examined the DL etc very carefully...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

BA,

You don't need a passport if travelling by land?

I believe you do as of the end of january. But that is neither here nor there as i am talking about the Bears game which happened before that.

Tell that to the cnuts at the border on the US side. Apparently i looked really dodgy driving the silver Saturn SUV. :rolleyes:

They would not let me through unless ihad birth certifcate and DL or just a passport. Luckily i had my passport. The funny thing is i would not have needed either the birth cert. or the passport coming back into canada. One of my mates had his British passprt as he has never become a canadian.
(lived here for 25 years) We got serious hassle at the canadian side of things who wanted to see his resident card etc. If we had given the guy his d/l we would have been fine.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm in ^_^

I know one TTP'er who has a bus...

This'd be an easy sell for 40ish people.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0