Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Camp Nou, Barcelona FC

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We went on a fantastic tour today of the facilities. Some photos, more to follow: International - TTP Multimedia Gallery II

Among the main stadium itself (capacity ~100,000), the grounds boast an arena for the Basketball team, the Roller Hockey team, and Futsol. They have a "Mini" stadium across the street for the Reserve team which seats ~15,000, they have several different training facilities, including a grass full sized pitch beside the main stadium, a full sized field turf pitch, an immaculate dirt pitch, a couple of Futsol courts, and of course a phenomenal home team change room which boasts jacuzzis, cold tubs, swimming pool, massage areas, lounge...everything you need in one place to be at your best. The grounds also have an ice rink w/ a couple of hundred seats.

To top it off, there it an old refurbished farmhouse on the grounds that is used to house the youth teams.

It is a real eye opener...absolutely spectacular.

Highlight of the trip so far was last night...Barca was away to Valencia for the Cup Del Sol. My son and I wandered up the street, and found a bar where we watched the match w/ the locals. Home by 11:00 after a 3-2 loss, but Barca is fighting for the league right now so I doubt they cared about the result.

Not a great game for Barca actually; many starters didn't see the pitch. But, Thierry Henry came into the game at about 55 minutes, and his firt touch was an absolute clinical finish on a header, off the post and in.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, there's a whole nation called England that is home to ugly birds w/ bad teeth. They're getting tapped all the time. At least Ronaldinho's sis has a rocking ass.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great. Now all you have to do is get her to wear one of his jerseys as you're tappin that ass from behind.
There's only one Ronaldhino!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And Utah- I know you would too. The first thing you'd reach for is the bucket of ice for the Cava.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks great Dude... I did the tour back in 2000 and it was definately the highlight of my Barcelona experience... (that and watching pic pockets practising in La Rambla square at 4am) :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness- I've got a short video here of a busker on LaRumbla doing a jugling show...phenominal. Now if I can just figure out how to upload it here.

We're staying in the Gothic area in an appartment only slightly bigger than our master bedroom at home. It is cozy for sure, but the area is so damn cool. Tight streets, old architecture, and a street football game going on in almost every church courtyard, at all hours. You can see why players from this region are so great w/ their footwork- there is literally so space, and no grass to play on.

The culture is so rich, and we are getting along very well because Spaniards love kids (and you get extra props if you try to speak the either Spanish or Catalonian).

Anyhow, on to Sagres today for a few days surfing before coming back home.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final follow-up to this trip.

Arrived in Sagres, Portugal, and let me tell you- what a fan-fcuck-in-tas-tic little town! Not much to do here but drink beer and surf! The “little” house we thought we rented (a two bedroom rancher) turns out to be a three bedroom, two floor, 2000 square foot house. The price is of the first, for sure. You can’t find a studio in Whistler in May for this price. We’re 400 meters from two great beaches.

Great way to end the trip. Barcelona was great, but not my style. Too busy. The wife loved it, I liked it. This is MELLOW to the ultimate degree. My son and I have spent the last two days surfing in endless waves (yes, he took lessons, and actually was able to get up 6 times over the last two days on his own), clear, cool ocean, and a gorgeous setting. We literally picked this spot on the map after looking at the hottest place we could get to within reason after Barca…and it has turned out to be the best spot. Let me know if you’re looking to get away to the best secret surfing destination in Europe, and I’ll pass on whatever I have. You wont be disappointed!

Some photos- cheers.

International - TTP Multimedia Gallery II

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
8 years of airmiles were killed for this trip, plus a little loan from the line of credit. You only live once. This is the cheep part of the trip; Barcelona was a bleeder.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

Great trip man !!! Did Spain years ago and loved it so much, I've been back a few times since to enjoy it over again. Did you make it to some of Gaudi's absolutely incredible sights ?? The Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, Casa Mila ??

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was in Barcelona 2 years ago when they won the Champions league. Unreal rioting post game. Barca was one of my fav places I saw in Europe. Gaudi was spectacular (walks you see that cathedral that he designed which is still under construction?) Wish I went to the stadium... looked pretty cool.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dutch13 said:
walks you see that cathedral that he designed which is still under construction?)

Dutch ......... yeah, The Sagrada Familia ...... probably the most impressive 'piece' of architecture I've ever seen. Absolutely mind blowing .....

The Olympic stadium & venues around it are also impressive ......

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0