Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada through to next round of WCQ 2014

nocents

May 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ricketts was a complete disaster. No idea how he made the roster and if he's the best we've got, we're done for. I guess in a 'mean nothing' game the coaching staff can play a bit, but how is he even an option? I guess we'll see who's out there for the next and certainly more difficult round. I see glimmers of quality at times and am still hopeful.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't "Ricketts" one of the diseases or diagnoses that Taub, House and the always sexy Thirteen come up with as one of the first potential problems with their dying patients along with Polio and Insert-Old-Name-Here Syndrome.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No one can argue about the draw they have gotten. Could not have asked for a better route. Maybe even Junior Hoilett(sp?) will come play now......

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's a fool if he doesn't. Its not like he has the option of a Hargreaves or Boateng. Its foolish to not want to play international football if you have the chance. You wanna get more noticed and get paid, display on the international stage.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bet if Canada somehow qualifies for the World Cup(long shot I know) or is in a position to qualify, he will jump on board.

I don't get it though, playing for the county of your birth should be a honour. No matter what spot they are ranked or how bad they are. Look at some African(and other) players that play for the small countries they were born in. They could easily just walk away with their pockets full of money but they don't.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a joke...guys in England would die to represent their country! This is another slap in the face to Canadian soccer when you can't even get your best players to even want to play for the country they were born in. I would never look at him again going forward as he doesn't deserve to be out their after this.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would definitely be awesome for this to pan out but I have to wonder WTF this is doing in the media?

We've all heard the stories on clubs frowning/pressuring Canucks that go to play for Canada, do you think they are not going to have a "quiet" word with these 2 now once they catch wind of this article and the quotes attributed to JDG?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Regs. Sounds like JDG and Hoilett may have wanted to do this sort of behind the scenes, but older brother Julian put it out.

We will see what happens. I just hope these two sign for the next round.....but there club teams may have a issue...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0