Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada vs Cuba U20

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching first have of Canada vs Cuba it clear that our guys just play as they feel not as a team, two tuch move off the ball. Dribiling and loosing ball over and over could coast us in second half. Click on sportnet.ca and than soccer and watch the second half live right now.
What is you opinion of our guys play? Left back is outstandin with his work ethick so far. Rest need to make it simple and run.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the info about the game webcast. Disappointing result - Canada lost 2-1.
I spent 2 weeeks in Cuba recently and saw lots of baseball being played but very little soccer, although I did see some small groups of kids kicking balls. Cuba is a poor country with very little emphasis on soccer and they still beat us.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shows us how much "progress" is really being made by our pro team academies and other development channels where people purport to know what they're doing. Very uninspired play from a bunch of kids who looked quite lost on the field. Who's been teaching them how to play defense - Bobbaduzzi?

If this is the best that Dasovic can field, we're in for a very long drought before we see another MNT showing at the big dance. This is the time for fixing things, Vic. Now.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disagree.
Again, player selection is at fault in this country.
Until the sports writers start calling people out and holding them accountable...it wont change.

Canada loves being a second ranked team in a tenth ranked sport in the world......

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
again, the current generation was developed by a system that HAS been modified.... like it or not, we have to wait and give a system a chance to take a generation of talent through before we can properly evaluate it...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
again, the current generation was developed by a system that HAS been modified.... like it or not, we have to wait and give a system a chance to take a generation of talent through before we can properly evaluate it...

Agree with mtkb,but if our players aren't exposed to a smidgen of the same environment our generation or generation before had, they will continue to fail. Soft society will produce soft players. This goes for the coaches too.

Technical application at the right times done at peak speed, strength,and with precision will compliment tactical applications established by the coach and the player. Only effin problem is that sometimes it's about getting stuck into a tackle and winning the effin ball!

So, for you mentors out there with all your licensing, every once in a while, step out of your comfort zone, and have enough confidence in yourself to know that you can develop the slower,ganglier,smaller and "doesn't fit the template" kid who is willing to get stuck in. Soccer intelligence and the need/love for the game will allow us to beat Cuba for fcuks sake!!!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is taking a position as a National team coach the kiss of death? Is it a recipe for failure? Can a National team coach really select and prepare his team correctly? Would a club team have a better chance to compete with a few of the ingredients mentioned in my post above? It seems the more "organized" the CSA and Canadian soccer has become, the poorer the results.

I was just thinking and discussing, and perhaps its not overly fair just to blame soft society. It is more complicated than that. I guess I can't solve this problem today.:(

But I do remember the days of being able to pick a player out of the VISL(Pakos) or VMSL or PCSL (Stipancik) on a whim, and bringing him into play. Too much red tape? Too much structure? Need a healthy balance of both.

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

What system are we actually speaking of here and how has it been modified?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Many posters on the Voyageurs website think the talent on the Canadian U20 team is okay, and they think the team lost becasue it was poorly prepared by the coaching staff.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poor preparation looks like it was only part of the equation. You could also include some iffy player selections, and as Ballbaby has stated, just a lack of work ethic. I have a really difficult time believing that the talent level put onto the field was really the best available.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
the current generation of young adults went through when academy type training was very much the exception rather than the rule. i would suggest the reverse is now true. i'd also suggest the coaching quality has, although not uniformly, improved...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teaching these "entitled" players to play with some pride and heart wouldn't hurt either...

These guys are mentally weak and its not just Soccer.. It was noticed at the world juniors this year...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MTKB acadamy is northing more tha a soccer school. Kids from U 18 Acadamy played in PCSL two years ago. They lost most of their games. The game stracrure is more inportand than just doing flicks. As the guy said our players are weak on a fifty fifty tacles and
on a mental and tactical side of it.
We have got long ways to go. If you watched the game against Cuba you would see that our number ten has all the skill needed. But he just can not read the game. Ball must be played to an open man on time and than support the play.
Players around him are lost, due to his over dribling.
Team work is what brings results. Kicking long ball are just waste of a ball. Ninty percent of the time the other side gets the ball.
U18 boys from residancy would benifit more by playing against senior men teams that against kids like them. That's the way I see it.
Our nuber thirteen head the most pace and in tight skill. He should play in the midle of the Park our nuber 6 has no skill whats so ever. He would be good right back and no more.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
so we should put the no-skill guys at outside back if we want to keep the ball and not just bash it up the park.

got it...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MTKB that young guy could play as a back and would do good job, as a central mifielder he is not as good. If you watched the game Cubans were beter in the midle of the Park and that gave them two to one win. Canada needs to add a guy in the midle or in a back in orther to cut off fast players runs. Two men system works in defending against very fast players. One man goes in to tackle secopnd guy goes for the ball.
Once John said to put Canada shirt on you must be ready to die for it. Some guys are just happy to be there. We must and can beat Cuba five out five times. I just can not underststand why the the hell kids drible and do flicks before they start to play OK. By that time it's tolate. Beter luck in our next game.
Dasa will figure it out, or he will end up as a camera guy. No transpassing is a serious ploy.
All jokes a side. Our National program has to wake up and start our own Acadamy if you want to call it. And play as a team all year around in orther to show results. It does not matter if they play in NASL or CASL or PCSL. Guys must play as team to develop.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can catch the game live on www. CANCACAF.com now. Check it out bit better so far. We are up two to zero in our second game.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0