Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada Vs Jamaica

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're welcome, but I will hold to the fact that Mitchell is not qualified.

He has failed in every coaching endeavor he has taken on to date, the only other nation I am aware of that has appointed their top scorer as manager is Argentina with Maradona, and they only narrowly defeated Scotland 1-0 in his debut FFS.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even England is hiring out of house. We have at our disposal a coach that last year was an assistant in the best league in the world. Granted it was only Derby, but why wouldn't Canada want to help get this coach on somewhere else in the PLAN that he would one day run the National Team. At least the players would look at this coach as someone who has been there done that.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bringing in a Coach outside of the Country will nt salve the problem. Problem is in our youth development. It is not good enough. U 18 players must be ready for a task. You can not teach them at Word cup games. We have to turn to our lower friends and look what they have done. Nuber one fitness lacks tuns. Nuber two pashon lacks nuber three
skilled strikers lack. Nuber four game shape and defensive cover is not there.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base, If our player development is so flawed, should we not start looking at other countries and programs that have successful development programs? Continually hiring products of our bad system will keep it stagnant. We need a complete overhaul top to bottom, bottom to top.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
you're right but hiring a different MNT coach doesnt change that. it's certainly not something that can get changed overnight.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have more players playing at a pro level than ever before. They are being developed already. We need to put respect, discipline, and pride into our number 1 team. Bring in a coach that will give the players and the fans of footy in this country hope. When Dale was signed I know that feeling wasn't there.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utah you might be right in one point. Dale does not realy speak out about his feelings for this land. But I do know dam wll thaty he would be the firs one to die for it if need be.
It is not he who has to indstill Canadian pride. It is up to our players and our TV centere to help out. They frigen well bash these guys all the time. The countriy makes milllions on lotery. Try to tell me that the could not hel out and put in two A league clubsa for our National side. One on the east coast and one on the west. we do have players play in better levels now. Each one is playing in a diferant system of play. They do not see each other very often. It is not posible to tur it on. It has to come from with in. Forget MLS and AMericans. That is good soccer but it will not hel our players. Maybe two or three can make it. We need way more. We need two young clubs playing in the A league. And then you will see Mitchell smile. Do not bame him. He does what he is told...... Just look at it this way. I can not send a player for try out with them unless Steve Read gives me Ok or a coach from the development centre. That outomaricly takes our sixty percent of the players. That is the problem. We have kids that can do it. They are cut off at sertain age. You can call it what you want. I call it controll for your own. Now think about it. I have asked coaches personaly to give few kids a try out. The word was we can not take a risk. To me that means that sobody elss is in controll, not the tree coaches. Blame the system of controll not the coach that is trying very hard to do the best posible. Go bigger go stronger go faster and better skill better D. We will chip in a goal or two.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reading through a lot of what you posted does make sense and it cries out for a reformation of the bureaucracy that plagues the CSA.

Here was my blog entry for this if anyone really cares to hear what my thoughts are on the mess.

You cannot blame the TV Broadcasters, the Federal Government and how they spend our taxdollars, etc.

The CSA + The Poor Coaching + Poor performance by the players + mass indifference amongst average Canadians = Epic Failure

sentinelkeeps

Oct 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Captain, that was strictly a typo and you know it. The letter "u" is right next to the letter "a" on the keyboard. Simply a slip of the fingers on this one.

They've got to go bulls deep in the box for this one.
what kind of keyboard do you type on??? lol

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johny I do agree with you. But changes have to be made in youth program. and in three years Mitchel could rule the roost. From U16 and up it is not good enough. Way to soft.
Boys that act as babies. All we need is 8 teams in this Province at each age grop. But boys must be at way higher level than now. It has to be like a samipro league in all aspects. Like PDL team that Caps run. That is what is needed. From that select 18 guys to go to Nationals. Bring in few outside coaches to lift the level.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base: I agree with we have to do a better job with youth. But, Mitchell is not the right man no matter the talent you send to him. He has no experience at that level and it showed at the u-20 world cup where his team didn't even score a goal and now this world cup qualifier debacle. He has to go NOW! Any other country would have fired him already...don't know what the csa is waiting for ?

Let's not defend this guy anymore and move on.........his record speaks volume with lot's of zero's.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you ever hear about a setup in the sport. Sometime you have to hit the bottom before you rize again. Just like the morning sunshine. Dale is a good guy and I hate to see him get choped because of a guy before him. If you think Tonny is a man for the job. Well you have never seen a thing. It is a dam hard place to coach in. I say keap Dale add a second guy with him that has nothing to do with the program to give Dale and rest of them new ideas. And posably have a stripping show just for all to relax and give it a differant start. Things are way to serious. You can only sail if winfd picks up. Same goes for our National side. We need better players.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP you do have a good point. I can see it also. Net resalt will be the same. Anglo vs rest.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada one Swiss U20 one. Friendly match lust night. First plus for Fanseca. Anybody from parents give us a game report. Who scored for us.

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
from tsn.ca:
"BERN, Switzerland - Victoria's Adam Straith scored the game-tying goal as Canada earned a 1-1 draw with host Switzerland in a men's under-20 soccer friendly Wednesday.

Straith scored in the 54th minute off an Alex Surprenant free kick. Surprenant's shot crossed into the box, landing at the penalty mark near Straith, who headed the ball past Swiss goalkeeper Olivier Klaus

''We had a couple of great chances, we could have come out with a victory,'' said Canadian coach Tony Fonseca. ''Overall, however, I think that the result was fair.''

Daniel Unal scored in the 30th minute for Switzerland, beating Canadian 'keeper Adam Street with a bicycle kick.

Canada's U20 team is preparing for the 2009 CONCACAF men's under-20 championship, which will be played in March in Trinidad and Tobago."

amazing what a google search can find...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for your report on the game. They need five more friendly games to kinck out any problems and get as much team flow as posible. Well done by Tony and our guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0