Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadians in the EPL

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reports: Sheffield Wednesday target Canadian striker Iain Hume for transfer

SHEFFIELD, England (CP) - Canadian international forward Iain Hume has been linked to a move to Sheffield Wednesday of the English Championship.

The Liverpool Daily Post and other British media report that Sheffield Wednesday is looking at spending 500,000 pounds ($1.07 million Cdn) on the 21-year-old Tranmere Rovers striker.

That would represent Wednesday's biggest buy in four years.

Hume, a native of Brampton, Ont., is currently in the U.S. with the Canadian team at the Gold Cup although his playing time has been limited by a thigh injury.

Tranmere just failed to win promotion last season to the Championship, formerly known as the first division, but Sheffield Wednesday did move up.

English reports says Hume, who led Tranmere with 16 goals last season, signed a new deal with Tranmere last season after turning down a move to Preston.

Hume has won 11 caps for Canada.
This would potentially make how many Canucks in the Premiership? 3? Hume, Radzinski, & Stalteri (sp?)?

Whatever happened to that young kid outta TSS... Terry Dunefield or something like that? Wasn't he at Man City?

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
This would potentially make how many Canucks in the Premiership? 3? Hume, Radzinski, & Stalteri (sp?)?

Whatever happened to that young kid outta TSS... Terry Dunefield or something like that? Wasn't he at Man City?

Sheffield Wednesday is in the League Championship, not the premiership so it would keep the number at two. He would be playing against teams like Millwall with Josh Simpson and Adrien Serioux. I am not entirely surprised at this news, as 4-4-2 put Hume on their League 1 all star team. Surely if you are recognised at that level you will be the target of some speculation.

As for Dunefield, last i saw he was playing for Bury in League 2. I dont know why or how he got there, but soccernet.com has him on their roster for the upcoming season.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:

He was with Man city, last I heard he was playinng div 3 or something. Apparently so the rumour will have it he was supposed to be giving a starting spot a run in the big club but their was a personel change. Somebody didn't like him he got shipped to a div 2 team now I believe div 3. This was a couple years ago i heard this though

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny to see the old comments about Dunfield here. It's easy to see now why Man City let him go.

As far as Canadians currently in the EPL. There's David (Junior) Hoillet currently at Blackburn, but he has yet to answer the call for Canada. And of course there's he of the unspeakable name who now represents Bosnia.

It looks like Simeon Jackson has a great chance to make it with Norwich (currently 2nd in the Championship). It seemed as though he was regressing this year as he was struggling to even get on the pitch, but the last month he has been absolutely on fire with 2 hat-tricks including one in a 3-2 win yesterday. If Norwich earn promotion it seems he'll be a big reason why!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
a little bird told me after harmse left poco for the caps, that poco was in the running to take over dunfields contract and sign him to a multi year deal.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I call bullshite.

TA is one smart cookie, no way he goes for a multi-year package.

1 plus option maybe, but that's it.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cardiff lost 3-nil to Boro earlier today, meaning a win for Norwich gains them promotion to the EPL

Norwich leads Portsmouth 1-nil with a goal by Simeon Jackson

Automatic promotion to the premier league is 25 minutes away.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0