Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2023 / 2024

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not a major NHL fan nor do I much follow the Canucks but every time I see this regime in the media, the upper-level dudes - it sure makes Aquilini look bad.

What team at any level of sport - especially professional- would send a team so bad they'd lose 10-0 in a pre-season game? There is no lesson to be learned from something that stupid.
Maybe Ilya Mikheyev decided it's so bad he'd rather go back home and fight Ukrainians.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
happens more than you'd think... home team wants to put on a show for their fans, visiting team wants to see which if any of their prospects can hang at level... the NHL has put in a rule that you have to dress at least eight vets, but the Canucks dressed eight veteran plugs which is basically availing yourself of a loophole.

I think in this situation both sides bear some of the blame... Canucks absolutely mailed it in, but the Flames also dressed a stacked lineup at a time when most teams are giving their kids and tryout players one or two runs before sending them off to junior or beer leagues...

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
happens more than you'd think... home team wants to put on a show for their fans, visiting team wants to see which if any of their prospects can hang at level... the NHL has put in a rule that you have to dress at least eight vets, but the Canucks dressed eight veteran plugs which is basically availing yourself of a loophole.

I think in this situation both sides bear some of the blame... Canucks absolutely mailed it in, but the Flames also dressed a stacked lineup at a time when most teams are giving their kids and tryout players one or two runs before sending them off to junior or beer leagues...
I kind of figure it this way.
You want to establish a culture of winning versus just doing the process things these NHL coaches believe is progress.
I'd prefer the Calgary approach but still mindful of not burning out your team given how much they play.
In Hong Kong over my 8 years there we used to the top teams come and at times there were too few stars but still it was exciting for fans.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 1 Prediction
Nucks 4-3 OT

Angry Gnome with 3 in regulation and then dealt back to Arizona for a bag of pucks and significant cap relief.

Podz gets the winner after being called up in the second period intermission… let PA cook!

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict the new Jumbotron falls and lands on Garland thus providing us with the cap relief we need.

3-2 nucks

Huggy Bear with the winner in OT

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just me or main camera positioned from on top of BC Place?

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0