Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks first round

Who'll win this first round matchup?

• Wings Sweep in 4

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Wings in 5

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Wings in 6

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Wings in 7

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Nucks Sweep

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Nucks in 5

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Nucks in 6

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Nucks in 7

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're in baby, yeah!

Do you give the 'nucks a chance? Personally, I do and will say they will stun Detroit in 6.

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
TheRob votes for Wings in six?!?!?!

How the fcuk can he lead the COTW with that kind of support? Kick him off the bandwagon I say :rolleyes:

~TBtryingtogeteveryoneoverontothesethreadssincenothinginterestinginsocceranymore...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-2-1-1-1

Conference Quarter-Final Schedule
@ Detroit Wed. April 17, 4 p.m. PT
@ Detroit Fri. April 19, 4 p.m. PT
@ Vancouver Sun. April 21, 7 p.m. PT
@ Vancouver Tue. April 23, 7:30 p.m. PT
@ Detroit * Thu. April 25, 4 p.m. PT
@ Vancouver * Sat. April 27, 7 p.m. PT
@ Detroit * Mon. April 29, 4 p.m. PT

Season Results
Detroit 4-1 @ Van., October 6
Vancouver 3-0 @ Van., December 15
Detroit 4-1 @ Detroit, December 19
Detroit 5-4 OT @ Detroit, January 9

Interesting to note that they haven't played each other since Vancouver's been on a tear.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 day rest travelling...

Interesting about the 1 day travelling, i thought the NHL was trying to fix that when west coast teams play in the Eastern Time zone. ohh well it's gonna be good, detroit are the top team in the league but they are old tooo, and will get tired, while the canucks, just can't explain it.

Canucks in 6, GM Place will be singing Sha na na naaaaaaaaaa!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
is it a 2-3-2 playoff?? or a 2-2-1-1-1???

You must be a basketball fan, because a true hockey fan wouldn't ask that question (welcome to the hockey threads BJB);).

Publicly, I am picking the Wings in 4. Here's my reasoning: I suck on predictions. I've NEVER won a hockey pool, and EVERY time I bet on sports, I loose. Hell, my lifetime record in rock/paper/scissors is something like .250!

So, with the reasoning that I can't jinx my beloved home team, I publicly pick the Wings in four!

(GO CANUCKS GO!)

In all seriousness, this series is shaping up to be the best of the lot, with Montreal / Boston coming in a close 2nd. Todd Bertuzzi, the Big Stupid Ox (BSO), creates a match-up nightmare for the wings. They have two choices: try and man mark with a forward, or a defender. As far as defenders go, Chris Chelios is going to have a hell of a time keeping up with the BSO for a whole series. Who else can they throw on him? Draper? Maybe McCarthy can physically keep up. The potential match-ups create all sorts of problems...for both teams!

Can't wait till Wednesday!
:D :D :D

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Difference

Hate to burst your bubble folks, but the Wings will take it in six.

First lines are a wash. The Westcoast Express and anything Detroit dresses as a top three will go head to get and score.

The difference is the second and third lines. Detroit is simply better. When you can put Sergei Fedorov on a second line, you've a pretty good team.

Detroit's defence is a little deeper, although they are pretty old. And you can't ignore the "Hasek Factor." He signed with the Wings for one reason - to win the cup. He has not played well lately, but that means squat right now. You will see a much different and determined Detroit team come Wednesday.

The one advantage I give the Canucks hands down is coaching. I know, I know. Detroit has Scotty. But have you been watching the things The Crow has been doing lately? His read for the game is amazing. He never misses an opportunity to dictate the pace and flow of a game. Scotty is crafty, but Crawford may be the difference.:eek:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks in three!

Is everyone kidding themselves?

Yes. I want the Canucks to win.
Yes, they do have a chance.

But, give me $100 to bet on which team will win the series...and my money would be on Detroit.

This team sealed the Presidents trophy over a month ago, and have taken the last ten-twelve games to rest players.

Hasek will be a different goalie in the playoffs.

What worries me....I agree with Yankee...when you have guys like Fedorov, Robiataille, and Hull all on your so called 2nd and 3rd lines...you have a stacked team.
The Naslund line was shut down when they played LA last week...if it wasn;t for Chubarov...Naslund would never had scored three...It wasn't until 10 minutes left, when the Kings had to open up a little.

Yankee...giving Crawford the nod in the Coaching department????
:confused:
Bowman has been resting players....err...I mean dealing with a LOT of injuries...

On this rant...
I want the CANUCKS TO WIN.
I will be wearing my nucks uniform...
I am on the Band Wagon.

Wings in six.:rolleyes:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GM Place

Anyone manage to get tickets?

I tried on-line...and actually got through!!
:eek:
I have two tickets in the lower bowl, corner seats...
$113 each...
Only then, after paying, did I realize they are for Round 2!

bastards.:mad:

Oh well, if the nucks do manage to knock off the wings, I will be there (GM Place) next round!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The essential aspect:

Experience in NHL playoffs:
Total GP Detroit: 1769 Vancouver: 290
Total GP (goalies) Detroit: 74 Vancouver: 1
Total GP (defensemen) Detroit: 586 Vancouver: 93
Total GP (forwards) Detroit: 1109 Vancouver: 196

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The stats are slightly off. Cloutier has played twice that many games in the post-season.:rolleyes: He played two in the series last year. Game 1 and game 4.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings are Old

No one seems to be taking into account the age factor. Why was Bowman resting guys, because he needs to. The Canucks were one of the best teams in the league for the last half of the season, with the wings coasting in. If the break doiesnt spoil the momentum, the Canucks have a real shot at winning. Especially if they play physical old time hockey ( Im counting on the Sedins to step up in that dept.) and Cassells can QB the second line into some points. Should be a great series:D

Im on the Band wagon. It was that or cheer for the Leafs, or God forbid, the Fcuking Hab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0