Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks PPV TV Package

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just saw an ad in the paper for Canucks Pay TV - an HD option is now available apparently!

Too bad it's more expensive.

Regular package: $139.95
HD package: $169.95

Per game prices are $12.95 and $15.95

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
The main point was the HD aspect, how does justin.tv handle that?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry, it doesn't and I should care now...

Regards,

Proud new owner of my first HD television (42 inch LG LCD) :wa: :wa:

I love the Champions League in HD :D

Justin TV is my answer to anything I am bent over the barrell for with my TV deal with Shaw.

The fact is us Canadians get it up the hoop from Shaw/Telus/Bell/Starchoice whereas the states get huge packages for pennies on our dollars for their TV.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I picked up a 48" HD Plasma. what's better LCD or Plasma? my Plasma T.V. wasn't that expensive. does that mean it's not as good? because the picture is unreal. (Tech retard here:eek:)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Plasma will have burn in, if you have a keen eye...you will be disappointed with Plasma.

Say you go from an HD Channel (where you will have full 16:9 resoultion filling the entire screen) then you travel to an analog or non HD Channel, or a commercial...you will get the black bars filling the sides of the picture, these will 'burn in' on plasmas, and the clour will fade over time...

With LCD you do not get that.

It can also be an issue if you are playing xbox or ps3 or whatever...

the issue with LCD is the refresh rate, as long as you are in/around the .5 ms area or therabouts you will be okay for gaming and HD Sports.

The old LCD's were poor for sports because of the refresh rates...

my advice: return the plasma, wait another little while or take advantage of some smoking sales right now on TV's.

With the analog channels all going digi in February TV prices are falling (for once a market is serving the customers, not raping them read: gas Prices)

I just picked up a good to great 42 inch LCD for -$1200 :wa:

I bought my new place, and it came with a 42 inch Prima Plasma that did 720p. I traded up for the LG 42LG50 (full 1080p, hidden speakers, brilliant piano finish, and 3 HDMI inputs and 2 USB2.0 inputs) and only had to pay a few hundred bucks to do so at the Brick.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Basically Hector, Bluenose just called your TV a piece of shat. He then told you to return the piece of shat and wait for deals to come out. I'm never coming over to your house to watch anything as you are viewing from crap!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0