Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well let's not strip this down too far now guys... giving up a second rounder is not ideal... The only way Connauton getting moved made sense is because Chris Tanev was a great not-drafted fa signing.

If the Nucks go hard after Clowe they had better be careful about getting into a bidding war and trading away more draft picks and prospects.

Derek Roy is a rental. He's an UFA at year end. As is Ryan Clowe.

We got another Centre though, which is a positive.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jagr is a good fit on a team like that. He wouldn't have been a great fit here. It's apparently 2 prospects and a draft pick. Again, cupboards are pretty bare here.

As for the lineups here with Roy now, you'd have to assume (for playoffs anyways) Kesler slides to wing and takes dzone faceoffs and plays special teams beast as a second line winger for Roy... and here's what it looks like.
As of today (And not including Booth as he's lame till next season when he's hopefully bought out)
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Roy Kesler
Higgins Schroeder Hansen
Kassian Lapierre Weise
Extras: Pinizzotto, Sestito, Jensen
Bieksa Edler
Garrison Hamhuis
Ballard Tanev
Alberts

I see a need for one more Dman and probably a depth forward that can play on second line if need be.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Price:I hear that Kesler is having a special televised interview to tell the world if he is staying in the middle or moving to the wing.... :)

Classic stuff #lebronjames

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would Kessler move to the wing?

Roy will be 3rd line centre.

No way AV goes with a rookie at centre into the playoffs when he doesn't have to.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kesler moved to the wing when Sundin was here, and had his best play outside that 1 series vs the Preds.

he's too selfish a player to play Centre, he's a shooter not a playmaker. he doesn't make others better, he's the one that gets better when a playmaker is around him.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right but the weakness that has been shouted from the rooftops the past couple of weeks is the lack of CENTRES

So we go and get one and you are going to move a key centre coming back out to the wing?

Not going to happen.

And don't bother arguing, Mr. Base fed me this info!

:wa:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnnybluenose Antoine Vermette is who they are after. Roy is UFA at the end of a season, no one want to give a good prospect for that. That heas to be money deal and no more. Raymond might see canion dogs. We need a centre they need a winger.
Even Lui might go with Raymond.A D might come this way. Albers might be part of a deal. Coach likes Barker and has started to give him more playing time.
They need change in orther for twins to get going. They have doded it for sometime this year. Our first line is dead in many games.. If it was not for second line they would miss playoffs.
Green from Washington wants out we might see him here. Keven and he are pells.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schroeder has been sent back to Chicago... not sure if this is a long term thing or only because the nucks' next game is Thursday vs the Coilers or a salary cap management thing.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
barker is on waivers today Base. Kevin and Green are pells?? If you mean "Pals" I'd like to know how you know this, nevermind the fact that the Canucks already have a cap team next year for 14 signed players.

Roy is an UFA at year end, but he's only 29. That being said he's supposedly looking for 5-6M per year which is a lot considering the cap goes down next season and he's only put up point per game digits in two of his seasons in the NHL.

Vermette is expensive for a third line centre.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That brings us to the Nucks having only 1.4M in Cap space next year with the following:
Signed (16): Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Booth, Hansen, Higgins, Kassian, Jensen, Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Garrison, Ballard, Schneider, and Luongo.
RFA: Tanev, Schroeder, Weise, Sestito & Sweatt
UFA: Roy, Malhotra, Raymond, Alberts, Lapierre, Barker, Ebbett, Pinizzotto, & Gordon.

I'm assuming one of or both of Booth and Ballard are getting compliance buyouts. If they're gone the Nucks go to 9.822M left in space and 13 signed, if Luongo is gone he frees up a total of 15.16M

Will be interested to see what the next 24 hours hold.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roy is a nice enough player, legit top 6, and the price wasnt exactly huge... as for Jagr, the B's now end up with the better player for a smaller fee (MacDermid is an enforcer, and Payne projects as the same thing. Both guys that were going to Calgary for Iggy have bigger upside).

I dont get the Higgins signing... he's not top 6 anymore, and they have way too much money tied up in 3-4 type d men as it is...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Further to @TSNBobMcKenzie, Sharks now going to Clowe and asking him where he wants to go. Close to a resolution here.

Canucks or Rangers

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know you didn't watch the Nucks game last night mtkb, but Higgins was their best player, which is more of an indictment of the Nucks than an endorsement for Higgy but i digress...

Higgins is a VERY useful player, but while i like a lot of what he does do, 2.5 per is a lot for a guy that is either the 6th, 7th or 8th forward depth chart wise.

I can't see Raymond being here next year at all neverming here past tomorrow...not with this signing now. Too bad they've missed on Clowe, i was thinking Raymond might be a part of that deal, sort of a rental for rental swap with a pick or something.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
that's a bullet dodged... not much left in that tank I dont think... would have been three more picks... hard to have a full cupboard with few picks and a shite scouting staff...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roy is better than Clowe, And it only coast us Kenin Counatten from Chicago Wolves and a second round pick. Keven would have left on his own at the end of a year. He wanted to play in NHL badley. I am not sure if he can. Since he got moved they need a guy down on a farm team, who better than Barker. I do't think he will be picked off of the waiver.
That gives Albers a chance to play, he's better than Barker. In my opinion a good move by the managment.
I still think they might bring Vermette here. Raymond might be the bate. We will see tomorrow. Lui might be hard to move with so many goalies on the shoping list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0