Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Caps at 2009 Dallas Cup

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Whitecaps Residency boys are at the 2009 Dallas Cup, I'm sure many of you in Coaching or playing may have attended or been involved with what is one of the premier youth toruneys in the world and for sure in North america.

So far the Caps lads have:
Defeated CF Monterray 4-1
Defeated River Plate 2-1
have 1 game to go in their bracket

TFC have defeated AC Milan 3-0
and drawn Tigres of Mexico 1-1

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Dallas Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/FONT]
Dr. Pepper DALLAS CUP® XXX

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know where the tourney champs of 82 and 83 the NSL Selects came from in Canada? Is that North Shore? Or is that an acronym for something else?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this the tourney that one of the regular TTP posters sent kids to and then went to Sweden or something last year or the year before?

I can't be arsed to look right now...

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took my team to the Surf Cup in San Diego (4 or 5 years ago), the other big tournament in the US. Both the Surf and Dallas are fantastic and unlike anything else in North America.

BTW: I'm off to Sweden and Denmark this summer with the youngest for the Dana and Gothia Cup. It should be another cracking event!

Utah & Billyboy,

Where are you guys staying in Sweden? Gothia Towers?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, Jonesey, JB...Sweeden is spelled w/ two "ee"s.

:rolleyes:

Carry on.

Attachments

• Sweeden.jpg
    Sweeden.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 117

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps beat Andromeda Academy 1-0 to face Eintracht Frankfurt in one semi
Man City has Sao Paulo in the other semi.

They are still guaranteed one game past this semi to determine 3rd place should they lose to Zee Germans.

TFC goes 1-1-1 in the 'group of death where AC Milan's academy doesn't get 1 point :rolleyes:

Excel22

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps vs. Frankfurt Eintracht (2-0). Two goals by Dever. Other semi-final is Sao Paolo vs. Man City (0-0 at halftime)

Final is on Sunday night.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps vs. Frankfurt Eintracht (2-0). Two goals by Dever. Other semi-final is Sao Paolo vs. Man City (0-0 at halftime)

Final is on Sunday night.

These positive results support my argument regarding the quality of Canadian talent and grassroots development of these Canadian players within the CLUB structure. Unfortunately many of these category of players will be exposed to very poor uninsightful youth National coaches, who will take them and screw them up quite nicely. The "elite" player in Canada needs to be understood. They are not conventional in their thought process nor will they accept an unisightful comment or an invalid comment from a "National" coach just because they are a "National" coach. Many of these players get "lost" in the system because they don't exhibit the correct "body-language" to these so-called elite coaches......if you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

My point is you can take the same group of "elite" players the Whitecaps are utilizing in Dallas, put them under the guidance of one of our youth National coaches and the results will NOT be the same. Players have to want to play for their coaches and the coaches do not have to be geniuses.....BUT they do have to relate to their players. That is what will help maximize the player.

The Whitecaps RESIDENCY program is a refreshing option to the stereotypical "pathway to development." I am not a Whitecaps advocate in reference to all their programs in the community, but the RESIDENCY program is truly elite.

We have to quit bashing Canadian talent. Our players are well-fed, healthy, intelligent, and competitive. They just need an arena to compete and be guided by those who understand their thought process under the present environment. The fact is, a "National" team coach in Canada does not carry as big a hammer as an "Italian" or "German" National team coach does, so they need to accept that.

I am looking at the roster of our U-17 team and it is NOT reflective of the best players in Canada. I know that for a fact. Why? I know this age group like the back of my hand and I can replace three of the team from players right here in the lower-mainland. I also know why some of the players have not been taken and it makes me ill.

So good on the Whitecaps. You truly do have the "best" players with decent coaching and a great environment. The results are proving that. CSA TAKE NOTE!

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with you 100%.
You are bang on.

Makes me want to pull out what little hair I have left.
We Canadians could be so much better ,If it wasnt for the politics.
I say seperate from the CSA. Like Scotland and Wales or Northern Ireland in the UK.
May be harsh but it will NEVER change. Never!.
The Ontario baced CSA doesnt get it ,,or they do and dont want to lose their pay checks.
When I brought the Brazilian team here last fall (Diego the new Caps keepers team) the CSA ordered me to pay 12k to the CSA. Or no refs (plus refs fees). Or they would take action against me. I told them to take a long walk into lake Ontario. They then said,,$2500, I said for what? what have you done for me,,no letters for immagration,no help $$$ nada. So why?. they wrote back and asked 10% of my gate receipts. No explination still.. So I agreed and I sent the CSA a bill for 10% of what I lost at the gate...No reply back still to this day...I say F U K C the CSA.
and SEPERATE !

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0