Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Caps vs. Portland

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone is in the hood.
Preseason game...

Caps vs. Timbers today at BLSC at 1pm.

weather looks decent enough to play hooky from the office two hours early(ish) :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah Burnaby Lake... and I would humbly suggest that it would be one of the new parks.

I can't imagine Porkland taking the bus or flying up here to play on concrete...

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
they are actually replacing the indoor turf this coming winter. after it is installed, no more blades allowed. only turf shoes.

Can they really tell you not to wear blades? Don't you think it should be up to the players discretion?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah Burnaby Lake... and I would humbly suggest that it would be one of the new parks....

More players on the sidelines than people watching this game. There looked to be more of the young reserve players playing than the regulars, but I have no idea who is on that team anymore, after cutting all the local guys.

hos

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can they really tell you not to wear blades? Don't you think it should be up to the players discretion?

Apparently according to Canlan indoor brass, the turf will last for 15-20 years, instead of 10. they are reportedly spending 250-500 k's to have the entire indoor area redone. boards, netting, turf, stands. they are shutting down for 3 weeks at the end of august to do the reno's.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
More players on the sidelines than people watching this game. There looked to be more of the young reserve players playing than the regulars, but I have no idea who is on that team anymore, after cutting all the local guys.

hos
Where were you!?

The Caps had most of their team there.

Started with
------------James----------Gbeke-------------
Toure------Nash---------Trafford--------Arze
Hirano-------Charles-------Parke-------Bellisomo
--------------------Nolly-----------------------

Trialists Gordon Chin and Ty Rosenlund had run outs, Rosenlunds was very brief after Chin sprained his labia... Marcus Haber came in for James... and I cannot remember if any other subs happened, if they did they weren't important.

As far as "After cutting the local guys"...

Parke > Clarke
Toure > Valente
James > JJ
Hirano/Martin > Kindell

I didn't see Gerodie Lyall or Lyle Martin today... otherwise the whole gang was there.

1-1 Final between them and Portland. Some dude named "Pore" from Portland was diving all over the place making Wee Vicente Arze look like the biggest thug Bolivia ever developed... Their goal was poor, Caps goal was not.

Next Saturday is the home opener and it should be a good day.

This team looks way faster than Caps teams in the past few years and they attacked up the wings all game with decent balls into the massive two strikers (Gbeke & Marlon James)

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Their goal was poor, Caps goal was not.

Surely you're taking the piss? The Caps goal was poor as well. Their keeper f'd up on clearing the ball and the defender that came up put it in an open net...yeah world class goal!:rolleyes:

I caught most of the second half and sorry to say Portland was the better team from what I saw as I can't comment about the first half. If that is the team then I hope they can get better because it doesn't look like they'll win it again this year. Too many flakes on the team I must say a.k.a Marcus Haber wearing mittens when it's 12 degrees plus outside and a lot of the players flopping around when if they stay up it would suit them better.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rosenlunds was very brief after Chin sprained his labia...

HAHAHAHA Had me a good laugh when I got home tonight...Cheers JBN.

BTW, I was friend's with Bellisomo's brother a few years back and lost track of him. I am wondering how Luca is doing at this level. Great player for SFU. Any comments fellas?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bellisomo's play last year and so far this year (apparently) is on again, off again.

That is what is going to happen when you're playing in this mickey mouse league...

No Games for 10 days, then you have 3 in 5 nights, it is footall, not hockey.

The fact that the Caps would even have a Chin vs. Rosenlund competition is hilarious to me...What would you rather have? A 30+ midget with a bad haircut that runs around making poor tackles and dirty play? or... a youngster with recent CSA Nats team experience that just was at TFC for a year that won't be ancient when the MLS arrives?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The fact that the Caps would even have a Chin vs. Rosenlund competition is hilarious to me...What would you rather have? A 30+ midget with a bad haircut that runs around making poor tackles and dirty play?

Uhh... Gordie Chin is only 26.

No comment on the haircut or tackling, but at least get your facts right! ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
gotcha, i thought he was older.

That being said Rosenlund left the MLS as he can be paid more in the USL due to their weird pay structure and cap rules...

He is clearly good enough to play there...Chin however is not. Should be a no brainer.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy guy, many people wear blades on the turf. looks like half of canadas iq is the same as their shoe size too

I can back it up. When one of my players suffered a horrific injury wearing blades on turf I did some research. Manchester United, for example has banned blades on its turf fields. Why? Think they might have a little more expertise than us?

As for the science, the torsional force to remove a planted foot from turf is roughly 25 pounds per square inch greater than on grass. Add a grippy boot and what do you think the numbers would be?

Carry on but don't cry to me when you blow a knee, ankle or snap your leg, all by yourself. :rolleyes:

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Oranje this is true but he's just being stupid. I mean how can a place that pays and installs this stuff for you to use tell you what kind of shoes to wear? Seriously I want to know!;)Next time I'm gonna wear steel toes to play bball on hardwood...hey it should be my discretion.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0