Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carmie Granato?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the Avs have fired Hartley and promoted Tony Granato to head coach... too soon?

How long before Tony brings in his sister to play on the top line with Sakic and Forsberg? :D

If the Avs do catch fire, what a log jam the Northwest Division is gonna be!

~Regs.

PS. "Northwest Division" - if that isn't enough evidence that Bettman needs to go, I don't know what else to say! Bring back the Smythe Division!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tony Granato is not yet suited to be coach of the Colorado Avalanche let alone any other team in the NHL. He was hired because they did not want to be in the same shoes as the flames and it will be easy to fire him if they still dont succeed. The AV'S need a coach who is able to handle all the superstars they have, someone like a Pat Burns.

Its to early in the season to count them out. All they have to do is finish 8th and they would be considered favorites for the cup, similar to the Lakers in the NBA.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Granato the hitman?

Seems to me that Granato wasn't to sad to see Hartley get the boot. Me thinks maybe Tony "the grease" Granato maybe helped things along a little bit, sorta oiled the skids somewhat. Granato is not ready to be a head coach.....this is a very poor decision by the Avs management. Time will tell.

lupoman

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree on this one. I do not understand the logic behind hiring Granato seems little odd. I am wondering if the Gm is having any second thoughts about the Drury trade now!! Col could use some more scoring punch!!:)

Parkhead

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Lupoman,

I thought the same thing when during the press conference Granato said that it was time for a coaching change... what kind of assistant coach says that?!?!

Once he loses this gig I think many head coaches around the league will think twice before bringing him onto their staff.

~Regs.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tony"the grease" Granato....

Yup, when he gets canned from the Avs, that will be it. Even if that was his true feelings on the situation, for Christ sake, this his first coaching stint! When he blows this... and he will.... thats it man. He's going to be black listed for the rest of his life. Good on him, I never liked him as a player either.

lupoman

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0