Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2005/2006

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lehman's been sent off and Arsenal are down to ten men. Henry up front on his own now approaching the end of the first half. Still at nil.

So my computer tells me.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lehman's been sent off and Arsenal are down to ten men. Henry up front on his own now approaching the end of the first half. Still at nil.

So my computer tells me.

Sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

trying to watch the game in peace:D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocker:

Henry drops a free kick into Barcelona's six-yard box and Campbell heads it past Valdes. One-nil to the Arsenal!

P.s. Don't read that sentence above if you don't want to know the score.

P.p.s. Disregard the sentence above if you do want to know the score.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:

So my computer tells me.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer cnut. Without a doubt one of the biggest, whinging wankers in the game:D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
Epic performance by Larsson.
Set up both goals, MOTM IMHO

By all accounts I'm reading he was Man of the Match BlueNose.

Amazing after that ACL injury to come back, at his age, work himself into the line-up over time, and do it again on such a grand stage.

As much as he stuck tons of daggers into my heart all the time while at Celtic, that is one class act I'm happy for today.
Good for Henrik.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
Epic performance by Larsson.
Set up both goals, MOTM IMHO

Yes, he knew that a Barcelona win moves the Bhoys DIRECTLY into the Group Stages AND move the Bhoys into Pot 2..........:D

Unfortunately, it didn't help Rangers chances of.......anything. :) ;)

Larsson is/was a class-act. Well said, RF.

Hail Hail

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know if anyone heard Henry wank off the ref, Ronaldinho, Eto'o et. all after the match yesterday but what a fcuking disgrace :mad:

Another 'Priceless' pic pretty much sums it up .......

Attachments

• henrypri.jpg
    henrypri.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 90

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to give Wenger et al full respect for their abilities but I have to say that, fcuking hell, do Arsenal whine a lot. I don't think they can have any complaints about the sending off. In fact, could the ref not have played advantage, let the goal count and then carded Lehman as well (although perhaps not a red)? As for other incidents, I may only have watched half the game and admittedly the ref did look quite poor, but for both teams. Don't think he favored one or the other, just made some bad decisions for both. I'm surprised that particular ref he was chosen for the CL final actually. He wasn't even selected for the World Cup, yet is refereeing this game? Strange.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks said:
Don't know if anyone heard Henry wank off the ref, Ronaldinho, Eto'o et. all after the match yesterday but what a fcuking disgrace :mad:

Another 'Priceless' pic pretty much sums it up .......

Totally agree, Walks.

Completely classless, bad losers. The fish stinks from the head down, as suprisingly, Wanking Whenger saw everything yesterday.

Not to mention the dive by Eboue, one of the most blatant dives I have ever seen, that lead to Rsol's headed goal. I guess Wenger deedeent see it.

I think Henry was frustrated and he is obviously very competitive, but to slag Ronny and E'to off like that is disgraceful. The only thing I can think of is that he was trying to deflect attention away from his choking in front of goals as he had a good few clear cut chances to score and didn't.

He didn't see E'To. 'kin 'ell, he only got brought down for the red card and tied the game up.:rolleyes:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
I have to give Wenger et al full respect for their abilities but I have to say that, fcuking hell, do Arsenal whine a lot. I don't think they can have any complaints about the sending off. In fact, could the ref not have played advantage, let the goal count and then carded Lehman as well (although perhaps not a red)? As for other incidents, I may only have watched half the game and admittedly the ref did look quite poor, but for both teams. Don't think he favored one or the other, just made some bad decisions for both. I'm surprised that particular ref he was chosen for the CL final actually. He wasn't even selected for the World Cup, yet is refereeing this game? Strange.

Maybe Walks can confirm this, but I believe it is with in the FIFA laws to have given Lemon a straight red and let the goal stand. Correct me if I'm wrong, Walks.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dazza said:
Maybe Walks can confirm this, but I believe it is with in the FIFA laws to have given Lemon a straight red and let the goal stand. Correct me if I'm wrong, Walks.

Daz, in order for it to be a red card, the foul has to have taken away a clear scoring opportunity, in which it did not. A goal and a yellow would have been a "better" call. You couldn't have given both a red and the goal, as a goal ensued. I also agree with Dap's comments. The ref was a bit poor, but was clearly not one sided. At the end of the day Eto proved, once again, that he is the most valuable player on Barca, and that, with him Barca don't need Henry. Show me a quicker player in the world other than perhaps Martins(Inter Milan), but with more skill. On a positive note, Campbell and Cole both played well, which is good for England. 3lionsontheshirt

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I herd the ref was a last minute replacement. The
original ref was pictured in a Barcelona jersey in the papers a day before the game.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is the pass that led to E'To's goal.

Offside my fcuking arse, Henry.

Bad, bad loser!

Attachments

• notoff4jn.jpg
    notoff4jn.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 73

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:
Daz, in order for it to be a red card, the foul has to have taken away a clear scoring opportunity, in which it did not. A goal and a yellow would have been a "better" call. You couldn't have given both a red and the goal, as a goal ensued.

I might have to disagree with you here Inspector. For me, it was a clear goal scoring opportunity and technically, the referee did get it right. It's very, very difficult to play advantage inside the penalty area and at that level, I believe you're instructed that there is little or no advantage played.

A few years ago as you may remember, Manchester United were playing someone in the CL and Van Nistelrooy got butchered just outside the area and the ball fell to Paul Scholes who had a clear goal scoring opportunity. The referee (England's favourite: Kim Milton Nielsen) played advantage and of course, Scholesy sky'd the fcuker into the luxury boxes :rolleyes:

It was a very difficult decision to make and even though it obviously changed the face of the game, technically it was correct. I think you could judge also by Lehmann's reaction that he knew he was gonna' get sent off.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As I was told by a CSA Official and a former FIFA Referee the correct call would have been to let the goal stand and give a yellow. :) Technically a goal scoring opportunity was not stopped as it went in the goal. He should have been booked for unsportmanlike conduct.

EXAMPLE: I was told that if a player uses his hand in the box and the ball still goes in it is a goal and a yellow. If the ball doesn't go in than it is a red and a PK. It is only a RED is a goal is not scored. Obviously this is the shortened explanation but when explained the rules by a professional it does make sense.

Very tough call for a ref to make when he/she only has less than a second to respond

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balsa said:
As I was told by a CSA Official and a former FIFA Referee the correct call would have been to let the goal stand and give a yellow. :) Technically a goal scoring opportunity was not stopped as it went in the goal. He should have been booked for unsportmanlike conduct.

EXAMPLE: I was told that if a player uses his hand in the box and the ball still goes in it is a goal and a yellow. If the ball doesn't go in than it is a red and a PK. It is only a RED is a goal is not scored. Obviously this is the shortened explanation but when explained the rules by a professional it does make sense.

Very tough call for a ref to make when he/she only has less than a second to respond

Unsporting behaviour.......no unsportsmanlike conduct. :D

BTW, I had an identical play albeit in the multicultural league......and let the play continue....goal scored and a yellow to the keeper. :) I had no idea at the time if it was right but according to Balsa, it was the right thing to do. :D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref did what he had to do. He blew the whistle on the foul before the goal was scored and had to make the call he made. Maybe he should have let it run, which he admitted later but it's a split second decision on a big stage. Lehman didn't seem to shocked and it was a meat head play by him that early in the game. apparently henry signed a 4 year contract extension with arsenal

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0