Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chicago can have him.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
(TSN.CA)After weeks of speculation, the Chicago Blackhawks have signed veteran unrestricted free agent Theoren Fleury today. Terms of the deal were not released and a news conference is scheduled for Friday.
Hopefully he'll smarten up and play some good hockey this year. Everyone knows he's capible of doing it. As much as I hate him, I'd like to see him get through his problems.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fluery will produce, bottom-line.

Everyone I'm sure is well aware of his "personal problems" but I sometimes get the feeling that the media makes a bigger deal of it all than it really needs to be. I actually found his on-ice antics last year to be funny [the infamous chicken dance :D].

Do you think that 10-20 years down the road he will be remembered as a "character"? Somebody who might have had some troubles but brought some 'colour' to the game?

Isn't that what Eddie Shore remembered as? Or Don Cherry?

Mainstream sucks,

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree. Another reason he'll do well: Sutter. I think he recognized that his personnel surrounding were probably as important, if not more important, as his geographic surroundings. Although Chicago has no shortage of great Irish pubs, a terrific nightlife, and the media can be a bit pointed (not as bad as NY or Vancouver though), I think playing West Coast hockey, and playing for a Sutter will be the best medicine to calm him down a little.

As Regs suggested, hopefully he only calms down a little.:D Mainstream does suck.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is he back soon?

I just read on the Poolexpert.com website that Theo Fleury's suspension is over. Is he coming back soon?

Also noticed that if you do a player search on the NHL.com website for Theo, he isn't even listed there.

Strange.
:confused:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Theo has to go through a five step program for being a junky. The first two are in rehab ( I think) and the third allows him to go to the games and watch and be in the dressing room. The fourth allows him to practice on his own, and the fifth allows him to pracitce with his teamates. After he has completed these steps he is allowed to return to the line-up immediately. I heard next week.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wholly Crap

Don Taylor is that you?
:eek:

How do you know so much? Been there done that?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hot off the Press

Just got this off the Chicago Blackhawks website:

Contrary to reports Wednesday, Blackhawks winger Theo Fleury remains suspended indefinitely by the NHL and continues both on-ice and off-ice workouts on his own. Fleury did not travel with the team on its current seven-game road trip.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know

Originally posted by El Jefe
Fact: Fleury in his prime is, pound for pound, the best player in the NHL!:D

Let's start with the "pound for pound" part.
Is that per pound of crack, cocaine, or bud?
:rolleyes:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Wholly Crap

Originally posted by Yoda
Don Taylor is that you?
:eek:

How do you know so much? Been there done that?

Yes...I have. VMSL rehab center. They set you up with a cot inside the Adanac changing rooms and your there for 3 days. First day you go on a spiritual walk with the Can Lady and clean the spits off the floors. Second day you take Jimmy Holliday and his buddies to see Harry Potter to test your responsibilty and behaviour without the influence of Pot. And last you get brought into the Adanac Co-Op and the VMSL brass test your will by seeing if you can resist a quick fix from one of the locals.

I heard in a Mike Smith (Chicago GM) interview that there are two doctors assigned by the NHL that monitor his process and that fleury is doing well and he is training twice a day on his own. Next weekend he could be allowed to play but the doctors have to approve it.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0