Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Clinton or Trump

Clinton or Trump?

• Clinton

• Trump

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GLG9g7BcjKs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
He's spot on. Political Correctness is ruining our culture.
USA kept quiet & voted against it.
Trump didn't need to win, the Democrats already lost it by not listening & encouraging political Correctness.
We need to get a grip of it here in Canada too, before it's too late.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's spot on. Political Correctness is ruining our culture.
USA kept quiet & voted against it.
Trump didn't need to win, the Democrats already lost it by not listening & encouraging political Correctness.
We need to get a grip of it here in Canada too, before it's too late.

Prime Minister Kevin O'Leary??

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find it hilarious that people are talking about percentages of voting turnouts via various social demographics... ummmm, the people providing these "numbers", are they not the same sources that got it all so wrong for months/weeks leading up to Tuesday?

Too funny.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know the answer, Regs. But the polls are predictors, in some cases statistically relevant, some skewed. Obviously very few were accurate, but I also think that the bias in media and social media had a lot to do with what was presented. Incredible, though, that they missed what now seems to be pretty obvious and in their face.

The voter turn-out is actual straight line math- voters : population. I guess my question is, with all the various "sources" out there, what is actually correct?

Again, count me down as one who was surprised, and disappointed. That being said, it's so easy sitting here in Canada for us to pontificate on what is best for the US, because it is viewed from our Red shaded lenses. From a lot of political angles, a Democrat win would have been better. Personally, I think about NAFTA and the effect abolishing that will have on my business.

On an ideals level, I don't mind saying I don't stand lock-and-step with what appears to be Trumps ideals- political correctness or not. To me, it's not a political correctness issue.

That being said, when we consider what is best for us, we do so not being American Citizens. They've voted, now I hope that the advisors around Trump bring him closer to the center of right than his current deep-end right stance (where I think he needed to be to get elected, in hindsight, brilliant). We'll see.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you have any idea how many people ask me, "so, are you a Trump supporter?"

I think of Jim Jeffries' comedy schpiel

Now don't get me wrong - he's a lot of fun. And, there's a little bit of me that says, fcuk it, let's do it.

And then it happened. What a bunch of maroons.

Don't be the arsehole America.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, just like any other politician/leader in world's history. It is so sad that many people cannot think for themselves. Media is bias, including Canadian. The more you read from different sources the more of an accurate opinion you can make on the topic. If you read province or sun it is a same thing. No difference of opinion.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No kidding, since they're owned by the same company, and have been for several decades...:rolleyes:

Regs, throw in that real news reporting is a completely lost art as most mainstream papers are effectively limited to regurgitating press releases of questionable veracity. Budget cuts and the extreme reliance on advertising mean that the most important content in print media is that quarter page ED pill add on page 2. Who does that leave? Just the self-publishing fanatics or straight propaganda organs, funded by groups with dodgy political agendas.

That said, media outlets have always been biased; some more overtly than others. They always reflect the political leanings of their ownership or whoever they are behooven to financially. You hope that the bias isn't so over the top (like Faux, who can't distinguish news from opinion, or our equivalent up here, the Sun Media group) that it detract's from the organization's ability to report truthfully. CNN in the US has been caught more than a few times not doing the hard work that real fact checking requires in the rush to deliver content, and their reputation has suffered as a result. Throw in the TeaBagger whack jobs from under their rocks decrying everything that doesn't suit their agenda and repeating their talking points ad nauseum like Pokemon characters saying their names, mix that with the woeful average level of critical thought process possessed by the average 'Murrkin (remember, Nascar and wrasslin'), and you have a populace that tunes out factually presented reporting in favour of click-bait. They don't give a shite about ANY fact checking, pedantic or otherwise.

Trump's handlers (not the orange clown himself) have been masterful in how they have manipulated the situation up to now. Communicating by Twitter where his pronouncements are allowed to escape (allegedly) unmoderated AND unchallenged has allowed him to say the most asinine things and benefit from it. During the campaign, even if people were talking about what an idiot he was, or what stupid thing he had said or done, they were still talking about him. Twitter doesn't allow for real rebuttals, where you want to counter the WTF statements with facts but don't have enough space. It played directly to "his" segment of the electorate - opinionated, inchoately angry with the status quo, xenophobic, self-identified political outsiders from the right end of the spectrum. He fed off them, and they've fed off him.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have posted, erm, elsewhere, on a different social media site, that I'd start deleting or following "friends" who simply re-post any Trump click-bait. I'm sick of it, and it's a constant stream of negativity, and again, through the election the amount of inaccuracies reported just made the whole thing a complete joke.

I think I'm up to 30 people axed, maybe more. It's been a solid cleansing. My FB feed is happy again, just riding and skiing stuff coming up.

I'm open to a good chat about the real issues- like the current new American stance on refugees- but unfortunately most of the "news" out there is tabloid material.

I suppose we were due. The UK didn't need Twitter or FB to create a tabloid press atmosphere. We were just 20 years behind, but the age of social media has allowed us to catch up.

Not sure how I feel. I like sites like this, where I can have open discussions with my friends, and (mostly, some exclusions) people who's opinions and views I respect, even if I don't agree. Also where I'm relatively safe in expressing my opinion and it not ruining my life.

Anonymity is nice.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took my daughter home to Seattle Sunday morning. We noticed the change in attitude at the border going south. Never in my 16 years of back and forth had I seen them completely ignore me and Grill my kid like they did. I saw her turn Red and her eyes start to water. Needless to say it has gotten me thinking. The trump avatar maybe replaced very soon!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More importantly, how about the Trump's official visit scheduled to the UK. Imagine being Prince William. Trump is on record several times talking about how he would have banged William's mom, Diana and also tweeted his support of French press taking topless photos of William's wife, Kate. That same French press crew that took those photos is going on trial in May as well :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took my daughter home to Seattle Sunday morning. We noticed the change in attitude at the border going south. Never in my 16 years of back and forth had I seen them completely ignore me and Grill my kid like they did. I saw her turn Red and her eyes start to water. Needless to say it has gotten me thinking. The trump avatar maybe replaced very soon!

Yeah, I'll be doing a lot more research on that.

I don't know what your kids look like, but mine are mocha. My wife is 100% Fijian, and Muslim. Born there, moved here, now a Canadian citizen. She doesn't still carry her maiden name, but I'm sure it would pop up in border checks.

We have a business trip to Chicago in June she wanted to accompany me on, and at this point it is very much up in the air if I take her. She doesn't need or deserve to be hassled, especially considering she'll be presenting a Canadian passport. And if she is treated differently all of a sudden, I'll lose my shite, and that won't be good for me moving forward in my business travels.

I'm off to Aspen at the end of February (skiing, not business, smiley teeth emoji), so I'll get to see it at the airport first hand then.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I'll be doing a lot more research on that.

I don't know what your kids look like, but mine are mocha. My wife is 100% Fijian, and Muslim. Born there, moved here, now a Canadian citizen. She doesn't still carry her maiden name, but I'm sure it would pop up in border checks.

We have a business trip to Chicago in June she wanted to accompany me on, and at this point it is very much up in the air if I take her. She doesn't need or deserve to be hassled, especially considering she'll be presenting a Canadian passport. And if she is treated differently all of a sudden, I'll lose my shite, and that won't be good for me moving forward in my business travels.

I'm off to Aspen at the end of February (skiing, not business, smiley teeth emoji), so I'll get to see it at the airport first hand then.

You know I observed the Border line up at Sumas 8am monday Morning and honestly I didnt See one person of color while I waited in line. It was not of the Norm and I think you are going to see alot more of it. Just not worth the hassle is what alot will end up deciding. Its going to have its pro's and cons depending on where and what angle u look at it from. Great less travel to US means More time and money spent In canada but at the expense of freedom isnt a fair trade.

My kid is white as rice. It was a different more power ego attitude. When the Guard sticks his head in your truck window and in a raised tone with a blank stare Says "Speak up I know your not this quite at home"

As a father first thing you think is know one talks to my girl like that. Normally you would act until you remember where you are.

I felt like saying actually she is like that at home. She has some confidence issues and is on medication for depression so who the Fuk are you to talk to my little girl like that.

Wish you luck @Dude

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reading that just pisses me off. Next time through, turn your phone onto record, you never know when you may need to present.

And yes, I'd have a VERY hard time keeping my cool in that situation.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know I observed the Border line up at Sumas 8am monday Morning and honestly I didnt See one person of color while I waited in line. It was not of the Norm and I think you are going to see alot more of it. Just not worth the hassle is what alot will end up deciding. Its going to have its pro's and cons depending on where and what angle u look at it from. Great less travel to US means More time and money spent In canada but at the expense of freedom isnt a fair trade.

My kid is white as rice. It was a different more power ego attitude. When the Guard sticks his head in your truck window and in a raised tone with a blank stare Says "Speak up I know your not this quite at home"

As a father first thing you think is know one talks to my girl like that. Normally you would act until you remember where you are.

I felt like saying actually she is like that at home. She has some confidence issues and is on medication for depression so who the Fuk are you to talk to my little girl like that.

Wish you luck @Dude

Utter fcuking cnuts. Brutal :mad:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0