Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cloutier an All-Star?

Do you think Dan Cloutier should be on the All Star Ballot?

• Yes

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With more wins than any other goalie in the NHL right now and a GAA of 2.27, and carrying his team through a 10 game winning streak where he saved their asses on several occasions, it is surprising that Cloutier didn't even get a sniff at an All-Star Ballot.

Yet, other goalies with brutal records are on the list.
Roman Turek? Brent Johnson? Has he even played a game this season?

Is he getting stiffed?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why Should he Be On There

The All-Star Ballot was made months ago. Why would the NHL but him on the Ballot, they don't have a Crystal Ball that they look into to see who is going to be the Best Keepers for the first 25 to 30 games of the season.

They put Keepers on the list that have done something in the past.
Just write in Dan's name on the Ballot, if you like him so much.

He should go to the All-star game on his performance so far, he just won't play the first period.
I think the Top Vote getters on the All-Star Ballot get to start, I would think that Roy or Cujo would have that honor.

HopeDanjustplaysanddoesntworryaboutAll-StarGame

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see

So this All-Star vote is for the 2001-2002 season then.
:rolleyes:

Now I understand how it works.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its a popularity contest, not a performance rating

Originally posted by Yoda
So this All-Star vote is for the 2001-2002 season then.

Now I understand how it works.

The ballots get sent out at the beginning of the season, so they put popular players on the ballot and players that have done well in years gone by.

The fans that do vote for the All-Star rosters probably don't have a clue how well some players are doing in other cities, they just pick the popular players of the league.

Look back a few years when Iginla was having a cracker year in Calgary, he should have been on the starting line-up, but he wasn't even on the ballot, because he hadn't put up big numbers before.

Yzerman is not even playing due to injury, and he is probably one of the top vote getters, its a joke.

Can we vote On-Line for Dan the Man?

HOS

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really didn't realize that

Never payed much attention to the voting or who was on it until this year when we had a goalie that was playing so well that I started to look at it.

Obviously it's what is done in the past when Brent Johnson get's on the voting slip and he's been injured the whole season.

Now I'm curious, does the NBA do it this way too?

Just noticed THeo Fleury is on it too for forwards along with Yzerman.Too funny.
It's all becoming clearer now.

You can vote for dan here.

All-Star ballots here.
At the bottom you can pick any player from the league you want as a write in.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Azzi ran the NHL things would be different

Yeh it is a daft way to decide the "ALL-STARS" for each season, but it is the un-educated fans that pay the players salaries!!!:rolleyes: They can choose Bobby Orr if they want, that is what an allstar galla is all about Jim... The bottom line is the players want Lord Stanley and that is the most important achievement... They no doubtly enjoy the weekend and look forward to juggle lines with fellow superstars, but let's be honest... The All-Star game is shyte and it doesn't really matter who deserves to be there??? The hockey fans want Mario, Sakic, Karyia and co. not some guy that is having a good season!!! :eek:

For my money Cloutier is an Allstar and hopefully one day he will hoist the Cup in this city wearing that ghod aweful whale thingy we call a Canucks jersey!!!

Go Clouts Go!!!:wa: :bronco: :knvb:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bigger Than You Think, Players Think in $$$'ers

Originally posted by Guinness
... The bottom line is the players want Lord Stanley and that is the most important achievement...

Go Clouts Go!!!:wa: :bronco: :knvb:

Guinny, Lord Stanley is the most imprtant thing, but a players Contract and the Bonuses that are in it are also very important.

Many players get big bonuses with All-Star selections, I am not sure what Nucks have this in their contracts, but I know that Burkie likes to put performance clauses in contract in order to get the best performance from the players.

Look at the Sisters, and all the boneses that are in their contracts, not to bad for a couple of Beekers.

HOS

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Older and wiser HOS

I agree with most of what you're saying, BUT
Many players get big bonuses with All-Star selections
That isn't a really benificial clause in a contract considering the selection process!!! It also says to a player; "play well for only the first 50 games and you'll be rewarded"!!! Daft and as useless as tits on a nun...:rolleyes:

Canuck loving, Guinness

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys really want Danny in? Stack the votes. It's easy- just use a different e-mail address every time, and don't bother w/ the non-manditory stuff.

I just did it. Too easy.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Might as well change your name to Dolomite or something similar while you're at it :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting

I don't think Cloutier deserves to be on this year's ALL STAR BALLOT, due to the fact he has never accomplished anything before the names on this year's ballot were decided. However I do believe he deserves to be an ALL STAR this year according to his play thus far this season.

Don't worry about it boys, his name will be on it next year and he still won't win. This is just a popularity contest, and the guys who win usually get way more exposure than the players in our lovely city. Why else would Patrick Roy be the leading vote getter for goalies in the Western Conference? Many fans on the East Coast don't know many of the Western Conference players, so they just vote for whatever name they recognize.

It's sad but true. And with this type of format for picking the starting lineup, things will never change. You'll always get guys who are having a bad season make the team just because they are popular. Personally, I'd be embarrassed to be chosen as an ALL STAR if there were other players that deserved it more. So the question should be:

What type of format should the league use to chose the starting lineup for the ALL STAR GAME? Should the fans get to vote or not?

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right...it is cheating. I should take my vote back because it wouldn't be fair to all the other players out there, since nobdy else cheats.:rolleyes:

It's not cheating if the Ref ain't looking,

Dolomite.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0