Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cruzeiro Esporte Clube (Brazil) vs All Stars

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Cruzeiro Esporte Clube (Brazil) vs. BC All Stars

Who was on the team from Surrey? Better yet, who was on the team in general?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

knvb said:
Who was on the team from Surrey?

No, no, they're not from Surrey, they're from Brazil. Honestly, sometimes I think you just don't, um, think.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The list I've run down so far...

Didar Sandhu (Indo-Akal)

Raju Chohan (Indo-Akal)

Harbinder Chohan (Indo-Akal)

Surinder (Indo-Akal)

CJ Jhooty (Indo-Akal)

Mike Gomes

Devin (Sporting guy)

Steve Frazao (Sporting)

Lavi Magnat (Temple)

Paul Bahia (Temple / UBC)

Matt Ormerod (Sporting)

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

knvb said:
Who was on the team from Surrey? Better yet, who was on the team in general?

KNVB,

I hope your asking who was on the allstar team?!?!? Starting Lineup:

INDO/AKAL - Didar, Harb, Raju, Surinder
SPORTING - Gomes, Frazao
AFC - Brandon Mclaren
HURRICANCES - Chetan
CROATIA - Mirko Maras
PEACE ARCH - Cory Lindsey (sp?)
INTER - Sheldon

Other contributors included: from Sikh Temple (Lavi, PB, Takhar), Hurricanes (Jhoti), Sporting (Greenside, Omerod), INDO-AKAL (Justin, Kash, Vashal), Surrey United (Janat (sp?)), Peace Arch (Saunders), and I know I've missed a bunch.

Gilly

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Holy crap, yes, the "all star team. Who was on the "all star" team from Surrey United. Work with me here, people...

Thanks, gilly.

I hear the Brazilians were fairly young?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

gilly said:
The 30 or so Allstars had representation from a variety of teams (Premier, Div. 1, Div. 2, U21) in the VMSL/FVSL.
A div 2 allstar?

Is this some sort of Striker14 joke?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

How dare you insinuate this was a joke. (Better you than me.)

How was the crowd?

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

knvb said:
Holy crap, yes, the "all star team. Who was on the "all star" team from Surrey United. Work with me here, people...

I hear the Brazilians were fairly young?

I believe it was one of your young and upcoming stars from your U18 Metro team....Janat (sp?).....ask Spiro?

The Brazilians were fairly young...I'm guessing 18-22ish (youth team, I'm guessing)....great skill, and well organized team (4-4-2) with nice gear. I'm surprised no one tried to exchange the "Hare Motors" kit for a cruzeiro jersey...I would have been all over it :)

Gilly

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry for the delayed response on the game, but here's a little bit of insight.

We had over 20 guys suited up and playing for us, and everyone was guaranteed to get in, so most players got less than 45 minutes, but everyone just seemed happy to be there anyways. In all fairness, Ahcene was very busy putting this game together and by the time he found out that BC soccer had given him Town Centre for the game, he only had 3 weeks left. This must have been really stressful on him with everything he needed to get together, therefore the short notice about the game. It's unfortunate, but at least there was a game.

Alot of the players on our team i had never seen before, but it was a good group of guys. It was really something standing in the starting lineup and listening to both Canada's and the Brazilian national anthem. It was also cool being able to speak Portuguese to the players from Cruzeiro. It must have been their youth team because they all seemed under 23 or 21. They were very quick and moved the ball very well, rarely taking anyone on one-on-one. The forwards would come back to receive the ball through the midfield, and then lay it back off to the mid as they ran through, usually only taking 1 or 2 touches. They took lots of shots, basically whenever they could and Didar made some nice saves. Their defence was weaker than i expected, but i guess they are Brazilian. Most of the time they would just hump it up the park any time there was even a little pressure. I guess it works well with quick forwards that can shield very well and have a great touch.

2-0 at half time, then they scored another 2 in the second half, but it could have been more as we had a weaker line-up in to give everyone playing time and the Brazilians missed a few great chances.

Anyways, it was a really fun night and I'm really glad i got to take part in the game.

Cheers,
Gomesy

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Did they come here to just play this one game?

If so, too bad they didn't also get games with the VMSL or FVSL All Star sides or even a BC Allstar team and make it a bit of a tourney/round robin as well as the Akal formed team.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Reccos said:
Did they come here to just play this one game?

If so, too bad they didn't also get games with the VMSL or FVSL All Star sides or even a BC Allstar team and make it a bit of a tourney/round robin as well as the Akal formed team.

They were advertised to play at RAP against the Victoria PCSL side.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep, they apparently beat the Montreal Impact 3-2, beat some team from Toronto 5-2, and beat Victoria 5-0 i think. All this in the span of one week i believe, that's a lot of travelling.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0