Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1A - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
game cancelled

Sikh Temple vs. Serbs was cancelled due to a murder investigation from yesterday. It sucks because we found this out at 12:30 pm today.

Hard Ballz:mad:

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

coco,

that post on Norvan vs Clan might be more comfortable in this thread.

re: Sikh T vs Serbia?

how can a murder investigation lead to a soccer game being cancelled? were so many players from one team or another witnesses or supects that they could not field a team? or perhaps the field itself is part of the crime scene and behind yellow tape?

sorry if this seems insensitive, I've just never heard of such a thing?

Tozewhoreallywantstoknow

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gotta love answering own question...

isn't Riverway near Marine and Nelson? I guess it is a yellow tape thing...

"Burnaby Mounties are scowering an area near Marine Drive and Nelson Avenue, after a murder victim popped up there this morning. Police say the man was shot. They don't have any suspects at this time. The Mounties are trying to identify the victim. "

tozewholovesthecrimebeat

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prime suspect?

Isn't Riverway near a river, bridge and trailer park?

You knew too much, too fast Toze :D

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are all the Capitals Players Accounted For

Originally posted by Toze
"Burnaby Mounties are scowering an area near Marine Drive and Nelson Avenue, after a murder victim popped up there this morning. Police say the man was shot. They don't have any suspects at this time. The Mounties are trying to identify the victim. "

Khalsa did tie Burnaby at RiverWay on Saturday, and Millar was not too happy about the way the team played.
Plus, one Khalsa player did hear a Burnaby player talking to himself during the game, the player was mumbling about not paying well, and that he may not see another day.

Let the investigation start now.

HOS-P.I.:cool:

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What?????

Is it true, that the Loma's won - again? Please, tell me that it's not a typo. The juggernaut is picking up steam....

Mehmet.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas win again

Mehmet,

1-0 away at Hagars. A first half strike from new Bosman recruit Branko. He chased down a defender when he was trying to clear, tackled him and slotted home with aplomb.

A thoroughly deserved victory saw the Lomas carry most of the play but lack the killer instinct in the final third to put the result beyond doubt. Still, a good 1-0 victory. This leaves us in third place behind Clan and Norvan on goal difference.

Interesting results in our group. I guess Norvan's bubble has well and truly burst. Anyone at their 1-6 home defeat to Clan?

comeonlomascomeonboysdaz :bronco:

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clan-Norvan

I watched most of the first half before heading to the Trollers game, I was on the run... er, I mean the move this afternoon looking for a decent match... didn't find one.

Anyways from what I saw early on it was all Clan with Norvan's keeper making several huge stops. Clan looked very similar to last season with some new players of quality to replace whoever they lost (see rumours/napkins and pens)

What I want to know is how did Sikh Temple beat Clan 4-1 on match day one? Wondering if S.T. are that good... maybe they are?

thisbuds4u

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's to bad Temple's game got cancelled sunday. This is the year they go all the way. They would have had 12 pts. at this point if they had played all 4 games. CRAZY lineup. But like past years will they give away some easy games? HOPE NOT.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thisbuds4u......

Sorry to ruin your party but anything could happen in this league. Thanks for the support but our team is taking it game by game the way we should be. We feel we have a good enough team to make the move but time will tell beacuse it's early yet;) !

Hard Ballz

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hardballz - new philosophy this year

Although Hardballz has always been the class of the brown banter group, I do recall last year's signature -- something about 'Hardballz likes drinking now more than playing'. I also recall Sikh Temple's fortunes (2 years ago) being determined by the number of prior evening partiers in the line up.

HB, is this a new philosophy for you and the guys? ;)
And, have you guys nicked any game balls this year? ;)

:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos....

First of all, great memory;) Now Hard Ballz has a few drinks and then plays. I really think it gives me that extra boost I need. Just joking, ( only in the summer time ), our team has actually changed its attitude this year. Basically, if you're seeing two balls in warm up and when you should be seeing one then you're benched! As for game balls, our game was cancelled on the weekend so we went to watch our cat game at the lower field at kensington. A nice Adidas ball rolled down the hill to my feet. I wasn't going to take it until I found out that PGR were playing up on the top field. I gave it back but it came down again. I was nice enough to let the fella know to tell your team Hard Ballz is at the bottom of the hill and that was the last time the ball came down

p.s....We want a game ball from Clan:wa:

Hard Ballz

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah Steal One from Clan...

cause we aren't Clan any more. We are now Sapperton Rovers B.
So be my guest.

:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shite!

Too bad! Reccos, what happened with Clan? I heard on this site that Club I. and Lomas gave them a good run in the games. We shocked them as well. How many players left from last year. I noticed them picking up some Vancouver Explorers players from the pcl and is Kindel still playing this year? Why are you with Sap B this year?

hardballzwantstoknowaboutclan

Hard Ballz

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hardballz,

Nah, the poor linesman isn't a TTPer and probably thought you were trying to pick him up - Imagine a young impressionable lad waiting for a ball to be kicked back up the hill hearing "Hey tell the PGR lads Hardballz is down here and is excited about meeting them..." The boy will need councelling.

And on the rumours front, word is that Kindel won't be back with Clan this year as there is some rule (yet unconfirmed) that says that you can't turn from Ameteur to Pro to Ameteur more than 3 times in 5 years. This is the first I've heard of it, but it would seem to affect more than just Steve and Clan. Anyone else hear anything of the sort?

kurganmissingDiv1inabigway:(

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chapter 10, Articles 26 and 27 - FIFA.com

Whether he goes back to Clan this season should have little to do with any rules of FIFA. The Reacquisition of Amateur status rule says nothing like that that I could see. The player simply has to wait for 30 days from the end of his pro team's last game.

The only reference to 3 years I saw. It says a pro club has 3 years from the date of the player going amateur to ask for an investigation as to whether the player is really an amateur. Or, as in the case of some amateur teams, the player is being paid through unlimited access to drugs or the proceeds from drugs. Okay, it doesn't cite the drug bit, but it does allow the pro team to be compensated if they find that the player was PAID to go amateur.

Now, that's FIFA. Could there be a Canadian rule? Yes, no, nah, they aren't that stupid, are they?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have heard of this Odd Rule, Too

Originally posted by kurgan
...as there is some rule (yet unconfirmed) that says that you can't turn from Ameteur to Pro to Ameteur more than 3 times in 5 years.

I heard of this rule, years ago, and am not sure if it still is in effect. Look at players that play year in and year out, with the Caps/86ers, and then with thier local VMSL team in the winter.

I say, ask old Reggy, he was around when Peg allways had troubles getting players transfered and/or signed after the 86er and/or Caps seasons.

That is crap if Stevie can't play for Clan, it is not like he just came off season with ManU or Rangers, it is the A-league, which is just a small semi-pro league.

Last, why would the rule be "3 times in 5 years", what is with this magic 5 year period.

HOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0