Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 Week 10 2015/2016 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Benders vs Black Knights
Celtic vs Dynamo
Sparta vs United MOTW TIE
Milan vs Royals
Titans vs FV

Black Knights have a great roster with lots of talent, and are definitely not performing to what they should be, I think they get it together a bit this weekend with a 2-1 win over Benders.
Celtic played a strong game vs Knights on Friday and finally bagged some goals, hopefully The boys keep that rolling against a tough Dynamo squad who seems to have gotten back on track.Wish I could make this one.
MOTW Sparta coming off their 1st loss of the year against the high flying young guns at United. Wish I could see this game a rematch of past cup final. I think it will be a great 2-2 tie.
Royals vs Milan, two teams getting decent results so far, I think the Royals pace will push them past Milan, 2-1.
Titans vs FV will be a good match especially with a good offensive FV vs a strong Pomo D, but I give the nod to FV 2-0.

Mr Sheppard Kisses

Nov 5, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Benders vs Black knights. Tie
Celtic vs Dynamo. Dynamo with 3-1 win
Sparta vs United. United with 2-1 win
Milan vs Royals. Royals with 2-0 win
PMO vs FV. Hoping for a tie. Need to step up our game.
Some big games this weekend

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Possible field closures again this weekend with the massive rain storms. Will be interesting to see what tomorrow morning brings.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys need to switch your home field to turf, then nobody would have to worry about it. Our game against Black Knights wasn't even fair, since guys couldn't stay on their feet.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was even for both teams, you just came out on top. Plus apart from a few cancellations due to weather or a switch to turf here and there, who doesn't want to play on a grass field every other week? It helps my reconstructed body a lot that's for sure, perhaps you just need to sign to the Celtic. #nobadideas

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard from the boys Celtic 3-3 Dynamo. Great job boys. Looking forward to the game report. Big result.

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I can post a report in Cascade's absence. I'm an avid reader but I let cascade do all the Celtic posting.

First half was cagey, not much happening either way. We scored an interesting one, maybe a lucky bounce, put us up 1-0 going into half after defending well.
Dynamo's big striker Cam started the 2nd half flying and potted 3 goals in probably 15-20 mins after the break. Too quick for our D and some sloppy play from us. Down 3-1 with about 25ish to go.

We pushed a D up through the middle and up front after that goal and had a ton of pressure for 10-15 mins, penalty came off a corner - nice hit went off an intentional Dynamo handball, goalie guessed wrong on the pk, 3-2 with about 10-15 to go. We still had all the pressure and a bit of a scramble in the box, I shouted for a pk, ball somehow landed at my foot and just had to dink it around a guy and hit it hoping for the best..I think it bunnied the goalie? 3-3 with 5-10 to go.
They had a few chances to grab the lead back before the final whistle but couldn't put one away. Good match all around, never hate playing against those guys, good bunch of dudes for the most part.

Ref had a decent game, nothing massive either way. Onto another fun one next week vs United!

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guess you want a report?
We went down 1-0 early on a deflection on a weak shot that trickled just inside the post. Tied it on a header on a corner. Went down 2-1 after a back pass wasn't hard enough. Somehow our defender got back and slide with their player and that ball just happened to deflect into our goal instead of out. Tied it 2-2 in second half on a legitimate pk. Lost 3-2 in the last 5 minutes with a ball over the top and their forward went around our goalie and potted the winner. Didn't finish well this game. We hit 2 posts, missed a breakaway, and their keeper made 2 great saves: one in the first half on our striker from 8 yards out, and one in the last 3 minutes on a low cross that our mid got a clean shot on inside the 6. Oh, and we scored at the final whistle off a free kick scramble, only for it to be called back offside. Our team was uncharacteristically old, overweight, and slow:confused:. United are a great young, talented team as we all know. Good job by them to pull out a win.
Props to #12 for scoring a hat-trick. It is even more impressive considering he spent more time on the ground whining to the ref than playing the actual game.

Mr Sheppard Kisses

Nov 5, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
PMO 4 - FV 2

Good clean game. Should of been 5-1 but weak call for a pk depending on which team you ask. Deserved the win tonight. Played great, kept most of the possesion and had the best chances. Quick FV forwards had a few good chances but PMO shut them down most of the game. Finally burried some goals tonight. With 15 mins or so to go FV defenceman get a hand ball call for a pk and a straight red. It was 4-2 after the pk and that sealed the game for us. Moved the ball well tonight and got a well needed 3 points.

WCFCUnited10

Oct 28, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVRD get a completely different squad out every weekend?. No way in hell the team we played would lose 4-2 to PMO or 4-0 to Dynamo. Not to slag those teams or anything but imo RD have been the strongest team we have played this season thus far.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVRD get a completely different squad out every weekend?. No way in hell the team we played would lose 4-2 to PMO or 4-0 to Dynamo. Not to slag those teams or anything but imo RD have been the strongest team we have played this season thus far.
Just compared game sheets, exact same squad you lost to PMO beat, credit to Pomo

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

no goalie
wedding
fundraiser
team vacation to mexico.....

those are the top 4 you can use in this thread

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Celtic may be missing our goalie next week as he is at fundraiser for his wedding in Mexico. We will march on.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I can post a report in Cascade's absence. I'm an avid reader but I let cascade do all the Celtic posting.

First half was cagey, not much happening either way. We scored an interesting one, maybe a lucky bounce, put us up 1-0 going into half after defending well.
Dynamo's big striker Cam started the 2nd half flying and potted 3 goals in probably 15-20 mins after the break. Too quick for our D and some sloppy play from us. Down 3-1 with about 25ish to go.

We pushed a D up through the middle and up front after that goal and had a ton of pressure for 10-15 mins, penalty came off a corner - nice hit went off an intentional Dynamo handball, goalie guessed wrong on the pk, 3-2 with about 10-15 to go. We still had all the pressure and a bit of a scramble in the box, I shouted for a pk, ball somehow landed at my foot and just had to dink it around a guy and hit it hoping for the best..I think it bunnied the goalie? 3-3 with 5-10 to go.
They had a few chances to grab the lead back before the final whistle but couldn't put one away. Good match all around, never hate playing against those guys, good bunch of dudes for the most part.

Ref had a decent game, nothing massive either way. Onto another fun one next week vs United!

Decent game report although obviously biased. Very unlucky to not pull 3 points out of this one as we held the bulk of the possession and out chanced Celtic by a large margin. Two pinball goals against and an unfortunate hand ball ended in a draw. Give Celtic credit, they plugged the middle and capitalized on the chances they got. Would have enjoyed playing against Professor Pump if he could show up on time. I guess It'll give him a couple more weeks to knock the rust off before the rematch.

It was nice to muck it up on grass this week. If I had made the same slide tackles on turf I'd be in traction right now.

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Biased? I never said we dominated or anything close to it.
We had more pressure leading up to our 2 second half goals..your major chances were in the last 10 mins which I mentioned.
Tying one of the top teams in the league is obviously a big result for us, especially missing 8 guys.

Rdevil88

Nov 16, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just compared game sheets, exact same squad you lost to PMO beat, credit to Pomo
Couple key players missing in the match against titans that would have made a difference but at the rate titans were playing it still honestly wouldn't have gave us the win. On another note, I'll add that I went down a bit lightly in the box, but still a foul boys learn how to check lol..
Anyways well played game by titans and congrats for clinching top 3!

Rdevil88

Nov 16, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couple key players missing in the match against titans that would have made a difference but at the rate titans were playing it still honestly wouldn't have gave us the win. On another note, I'll add that I went down a bit lightly in the box, but still a foul boys learn how to check lol..
Anyways well played game by titans and congrats for clinching top 3!
Nvm I've been drinking lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0