Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 Week 11 2015/2016 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
United 8-3 Celtic

They went up 1-0 on a free kick our keeper miss timed it and dove over it. We tie it right after off a corner, cross comes in and a header far post deflected off their guy and in. 1-1. Our CB then passes it back to the keep who miss hits it off their striker which leads to a easy tap in. (You can see how this is progressing) 2-1. They go up 3-1 off a nice cross and header. And then 4-1 at half on a nice move and shot to the corner. Second half starts we try and push and every mistake we made they counter and buried they move the ball beautifully and have great control and finishing, 5-1 off a turn over bounces off our keepers face to their striker alone behind our keep, but he's onside because our player touched it last. We then get it to 5-2 off a shot that deflects off their defender (same guy again) into the corner. We try and push lose the ball and bam nice counter attack to a 2 on 1 drilled far post bottom corner. 6-2. We get a free kick around 45 out, put it into the box header far post over the keeper 6-3. After this I think we're playing a 3-3-4 and they counter us with 2 simple open passes and nice finishes 8-3 final. It was cold and ugly but they deserved the win and are a great group of guys. Lots of promise for the club with a squad like this coming up. Onto Vault next week, wish I could make that one. Need a big 3 points to keep pace with the middle of the pack.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
United 8-3 Celtic

They went up 1-0 on a free kick our keeper miss timed it and dove over it. We tie it right after off a corner, cross comes in and a header far post deflected off their guy and in. 1-1. Our CB then passes it back to the keep who miss hits it off their striker which leads to a easy tap in. (You can see how this is progressing) 2-1. They go up 3-1 off a nice cross and header. And then 4-1 at half on a nice move and shot to the corner. Second half starts we try and push and every mistake we made they counter and buried they move the ball beautifully and have great control and finishing, 5-1 off a turn over bounces off our keepers face to their striker alone behind our keep, but he's onside because our player touched it last. We then get it to 5-2 off a shot that deflects off their defender (same guy again) into the corner. We try and push lose the ball and bam nice counter attack to a 2 on 1 drilled far post bottom corner. 6-2. We get a free kick around 45 out, put it into the box header far post over the keeper 6-3. After this I think we're playing a 3-3-4 and they counter us with 2 simple open passes and nice finishes 8-3 final. It was cold and ugly but they deserved the win and are a great group of guys. Lots of promise for the club with a squad like this coming up. Onto Vault next week, wish I could make that one. Need a big 3 points to keep pace with the middle of the pack.
Cascade no need for the play by play, you got fcuking trounced. 8-3 leaves no room for interpretation. But hey, United are a good young team, if anyone on opposing teams are teachers in maple ridge/ Pitt meadows it may be worth while to hand out some fcuking detention slips.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had as many goals against tonight as we did all season. We're pretty tight defensively but if it could go south it certainly did tonight but it is what it is. Loss is a loss. Now I gotta get my passport updated for the possible trip out to Vault.

BoldTurkey

Feb 19, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had as many goals against tonight as we did all season. We're pretty tight defensively but if it could go south it certainly did tonight but it is what it is. Loss is a loss. Now I gotta get my passport updated for the possible trip out to Vault.
Exactly. You gotta open up the play to try and get back in it. Worked the week before, just not this time.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 2- Benders 1. Tight game. 0-0 at half. They go up 1-0 on a real nifty left footer off the post and in from 22 yards out early in the second half. We were very fortunate to score a quick one after coming from a clinical cross and header. We potted the winner with 15 to go on a nice three way passing play to spring our centre mid on a breakaway who finished nicely.

Benders are a good side, a good bunch of guys. They don't whine like several teams in this division, and I hope they can stay up.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another close one for us :p Vault1- Sparta 4 or 5?......
We netted the first about 20 minutes in and I think we caught them a little off guard to start for the first 20-30mins. We pressured them hard with our front line and forced a few mistakes from their key players. Off the goal kick off they come down and score within 30 seconds and tie it, then about 5 minutes later off a 30 yd screamer that would have beat Kahn himself. 2-1 into half ( I myself had 1-2 breakaways and their keeper came up just huge making some outstanding saves and keeping them ahead).
we pressed for the first 10 minutes and finally our fitness and subs caught up to us and they controlled the middle and we got sloppy. A nice header cross for their 3rd and then 1 off a break away passed into the corner to finish us off nicely. Both teams worked very hard and a very clean game! Nice to share a few beverages with their guys after the game, and both squads enjoying the match! On to Celtic where we could hopefully pull some pts.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
By 'pts' do you mean points or pints ? I've seen them post game and can tell you firsthand that pints will be hard to pull
Love it Jimmy, we're definitely top of the table in pints and we will always pride ourselves in that. Some stack their roster we stack the cooler, It's men's soccer after all.

Last edited:

WCFCUnited10

Oct 28, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love it Jimmy, we're definitely top of the table in pints and we will always pride ourselves in that. Some stack their roster we stack the cooler, It's men's soccer after all.
Yeah we're actually holding out for contracts from FC Barcelona with guaranteed starting 11 spots, beers can't be consumed or we might weigh more than 120 each.

Last edited:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah we're actually holding out for contracts from FC Barcelona with guaranteed starting 11 spots, beers can't be consumed or we might weigh more than 120 each.
Had nothing to do with you guys actually, was just a figure of speech as we always have a top notch selection of the locals finest in the cooler. Congrats on the contracts though, always nice to see quality come through and climb the club ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0