Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Early World Cup 2002 Predictions

Who will win the 2002 World Cup?

• France

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Argentina

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Brazil

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Italy

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Spain

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • England

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Germany

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Croatia

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Japan or South Korea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

Votes: 8 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
World Cup 2002

World Cup 2002
The qualifying Stages are over and the field is set. The draw will be held on Saturday Nov.31.....The following teams have qualified for the 2002 World Cup

AFC South Korea
Japan
China
Saudi Arabia
CAF South Africa
Tunisia
Cameroon
Senegal
Nigeria
CONCACAF Costa Rica
United States
Mexico
CONMEBOL Argentina
Paraguay
Ecuador
Brazil
Uruguay
UEFA France
Poland
Sweden
Spain
Russia
Portugal
Denmark
Croatia
Italy
England
Slovenia
Belgium
Turkey
Germany
Ireland

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
England or Germany

Germany to be seeded for World Cup draw
(Nov 27) tsn.ca - Germany may yet be among the seeded teams for the upcoming World Cup soccer tournament.

According to unnamed FIFA sources, seven of the eight seeded teams have been agreed upon leading up to Saturday's draw for the tournament.

France, South Korea and Japan are assured of being seeded while Argentina, Italy, Brazil and Germany are believed to have secured the next four spots. England, Croatia, Spain and Nigeria are vying for the eighth and final seed.

What is surprising is that Germany would be seeded ahead of England, who outqualified the Germans in their UEFA World Cup Group. The German's were also forced to go through a playoff round in order to qualify for the tournament.

However, a FIFA spokesperson acknowledged last month that past performance in international events would play a big part in determining the World Cup seeds.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dates

FYI~ There is no Saturday Nov 31 do mean Sat Dec 1 or Friday Nov 30th

knvbdoesnotgiveatRATSASScausethedutchwontbethere:mad:

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well done you 2

at least some people have a soccer sense of whos gonna win the world cup
:D :D :D :p :p :p :cool:

beatergladtoseeregsstickingwithhisporkchoproots:D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MR I AM TTP, when we win, I will gladly reserve a seat in my i-roc as we follow the procession of I-rocs' led by Jimmy down Commercial drive. I will allow you to borrow one of my wife-beaters for your innitiation.;)

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portugal

Every 2 years I hear the same thing from the Pork Chops,wait til this year we have the best squad,were gonna take it all.

Kinda sounds like the boys from Richmond United,promise promotion to premier every year but fail to do so :confused:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pork Chops it is...

It is not in my blood to vote for England (although the big Swede has them playing some great stuff), so I'm going with the most impressive football team at Euro 2000, Portugal...
No this does not mean I like the Pork Chops, it's just that they undoubtably better than the Wops..

PS. Look for Ireland to knock out a big seeded squad!!!
(ie, the Argies or England);)

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref Beater

The Wops do produce,it's proven.On and off the field:D

Guinness

No this does not mean i like the pork chops but they are undoubtably better than the wops

Lets be honest here,thats like saying Surrey United is undoubtably better than us;)

Knvb

Its just not the same without the Dutch,but you should of voted with your heed(which is large by the way)not your stupidness :D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guiness,
so I'm going with the most impressive football team at Euro 2000, Portugal...

That was two years ago, Italy should have won the euro cup so should we make them favorites for the world cup. Italy is a more well rounded squad than Portugal, and Figo can only carry a team so far. Italy has and has been for a long period of time the best team defensively and with the emergence of their offensive attack should be one of the front-runners.

ITALIA, VIVA ITALIA.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top 8

FIFA announces World Cup seeds
(Nov 28) tsn.ca - Despite a difficult qualifying campaign, Brazil managed to earn one of eight seeds for this Saturday's World Cup draw.

Under the FIFA criteria used to determine the seeds, Brazil - which struggled to finish third in CONMEBOL qualifying - topped the list with 62 points followed by Argentina and Italy, Germany, France and Spain.

France, South Korea and Japan were already guaranteed seeds as defending champion and hosts respectively.

FIFA says the criteria used to determine the seeds was past World Cup (France 1998, USA 1994 and Italy 1990) as well as the World Rankings from 1999, 2000 and 2001.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apprentice

Under what arse is your heed lodged???
Did you even watch any of Euro 2000???
Italy should have won the euro cup so should we make them favorites for the world cup.
by your pompus arrogant comment you probably only watched the final!!! do you even remeber how badly the Dutch outplayed them in the semi's, only to lose in a shootout??? they were quite average that tournament (weak up front, but strong at the back)and they won't get past the quarterfinals at the World Cup this summer...:p

Guinnessdoesn'tthinkthewopsareasgoodastheythinktheyare:cool:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness,

Since when do "average" teams make it to European finals? "Average" teams certainly don't come merely 30 seconds from wrapping it up either.

KeeperexpectingtohearsomeBayernMünchencomment

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guiness, You always go shoot your big mouth thinking you know everything. You said you were picking Portugal after witnessing their play in Euro 2000. That was two years ago , jack-ass. I am not basing my prediction on the fact Italy should have won it all. I did see the game vs the dutch but That was the semi's they moved on and should have won against France. Can you deny that? Italy has never been considered an average team and that is why they always do well in International Competition. What is your country seeded for the World Cup?
I am predicting Italy to make it to the last 4 and that is a very realistic prediction. This is not based on past performances , it is based soley on this years squad:p .

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He doesn't have to

Figo doesn't have to carry the team. They have a lot of quality players including Nuno Gomes and Rui Costa. I have to go with Portugal on this one.:D The only thing there're lacking is a good defence :( .

Cheers, Gomes

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nuno Who? Is he the character that looks very similar to Ralph Machio, thought he was a star after Euro 2000 and was last seen playing with Fiorentina?

Look out if Robby Baggio is called to the line-up, in that case gaurantee world cup for Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0