Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Economic Woes

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A juicy tidbit out of the New York Times.

"Late Thursday, the Senate did not take up an assistance measure passed by the House, after hours of negotiations between Senate Republicans with the auto companies and the U.A.W. The sticking point apparently was the union’s refusal to agree to lower wage and benefit rates as soon as next year.
Representatives for the union, which had already accepted a series of cuts in its current contract, sought instead to push any more concessions back to 2011, when the U.A.W.’s contract with Detroit auto companies expires."

How absolutely preposterous. Hell no we're not going to give you any concessions, at least not until our contract expires!!! Truly they have the interest of Joe Worker in mind here. :rolleyes:

oh and by the way here's something from the same article:

Hourly cost of Honda worker (total compensation) 41.00
Hourly cost of GM worker (total compensation) 76.00

Robj, BJB, HOS, I'd love to hear you come to the defense of these "brothers" of yours!!!!

:bronco:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What doesn't make sense to me is this. If they take the concessions, they have the chance of making the big 3 functioning again, thus keeping their jobs. By outright saying no, they are condemning the big 3, and themselves since they'll be the ones getting laid off. Am I not correct?

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion, seems quite simple doesn't it??? Having said that, if you've been brain washed for decades by your union into believing you're entitled to every drop of blood the employer has, I can see where they might not get it!!!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion, seems quite simple doesn't it??? Having said that, if you've been brain washed for decades by your union into believing you're entitled to every drop of blood the employer has, I can see where they might not get it!!!

Everybody sing along....

"SOOOOOL-i-DAAAAAARRRRRR-i-TY
FOOOOOOR-EVVVVVVVV-ER

I will buy a GM vehicle, neeeee-ver."

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bailoutyk2.jpg

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
And to think the CEO of GM was prepared to work for a dollar...granted he earned 14.4 million the year before. The big 3 are joke, they didn't anticipate jack...now they're in a pinch. They are all over paid from top to bottom. I'd rather my tax dollar go somewhere else when the Canadian crew come knocking. Kurgan love the poster!

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forestry in this country has been fcuked for over a decade but they have never received the sort of relief that the auto sector is begging for. As difficult as it may seem (and I am no economist nor a business expert) I'd like to say: let them fall and be forced to restructure on their own or bite it. The system is fcuked from top to bottom and throwing tax dollars at it is throwing good money after bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0