Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

European All Star Team

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lets have some fun with this 1.. name your all star teams from european clubs only.. starting 11 and 3 subs

keeper: van de sar (sp)

defence: paolo maldini, roberto carlos, fernando hierro.

midfield: david beckham, rui costa, francesco totti, luis figo

strikers: david trezeguit(sp) crespo(cant remeber first name)
christian vieri(sp)

subs:alessandro del piero, raul, rivaldo

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rui Costa as a staring midfielder, come on beater....I am not even going to start with the names that should be ahead of that guy. Give your head a shake.;)

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TA

rui costa and totti would make a wicked 1-2 punch in the middle. they both can score rui costa is more aggresive than totti. they are both brilliant players..

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A Little Favortism

Gigi Buffon,

Nesta,Maldini, Thuram,Carlos

Beckham, Figo, Zidane, Totti

Del Piero, Trezeguet

Subs: Owen, Keane, Kluivert

Legend: Baggio

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Allstars

Keeper: Buffon

Defenders: Maldini, Thuram, Cannavaro, Carlos

Midfield: Beckham, Totti, Rivaldo, Veron

Forwards: Del Piero, Salas

Subs: Trezeguet, Figo, Nesta

And as the Apprentice said

Legend: Baggio

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do they have to be of European heritage or can they be from other parts of the world..And do they have to be active players?

As for all you that have chosen Del Piero,give your head a shake,what has he done internationally for Italia........absolutely nothing:mad:

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A Little Different

I would play a little different side... 3-5-2 format

Goal - Kahn

Defenders - Nesta, Maldini and Ferdinand

Midfielders - Beckham, Rivaldo, Figo, Davids(someone has to win the ball) and Kewell

Forwards - Owen and Raul

Subs - Larsson (golden boot), Keane (need a leader) and Shevchenko (pure finisher)

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy

Come on Jimmy in there Qualifiers he had four goals in the 8 games, and who knows how many he set up. If you check the highlights tonight for Juve I think he scored one and set up another two in there champions league match. As of late he has been playing well and you have to give him credit.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How 'bout someone from the World and European Champions?

So far I've seen Trezeguet, but that is probably because he plays for Juve. Right, Coppertone? I also rate Thuram.

What happened to Zindane, Viera, Henry, and.....erm....Barthez? Throw in Le Saux, as well.

Jean Paul Buckfast

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
barthez

plz dont tell me you think that barthez is the best goalie in europe right now:mad: :mad:
he is the most inconsistent goalie..hes let in some shockers. zidane yes i oubted to go with my countrymen rui costa but zidane would fit in nicely..

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast, I put Zidane, Thuram, and Trezeguet, what more do you want...there whole team is solid and I feel those three are there only "standouts".

Jimmy, Lay off Del Piero...he has been on fire lately and alot of Ital'y offensive hopes rely on his shoulders. Also he his top 3 in the world when it comes to free kicks.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beater,

In the English premiership thread, you rate Hislop as the best keeper in England by placing him on your all-star team. But on the European stage, you mention Van Der Saar (sp?). How does Edwin manage to make the all-euro team when Shaka is beating him out in Engerland? Enquiring minds and all that......

Confused,
-Sensei.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take your shot keeper

Actually, if you know so much little man, name three that you think are better or equal to him? I'll start you off, Beck's.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
s.h.
it was hard choice but i chose but i chose edwin cuz of his international experience with the netherlands

apprentice #1 roberto carlos, #2 beckham, #3(forget his name yogoslavian 4 madrid) i would say del piero maybe breaks the top 10.. theres figo, batistuta, veron, zidane, rivaldo, all guys that can hit a ball

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
uhhhh.....

You're missing my point. I don't understand how Van Der Saar can be the the best goalie in Europe, but not he best goalie in England. This confuses me. I am perplexed. Help.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
that is my opinion.. i like van de saar.. i liked him more when he was with inter now hes with fulham.. hes doing good with a team like fulham..
dont get me wrong shaka is a helluva keeper but i think van de saar takes him on the experience level..

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Refe Beater, Roberto Carlos used to dominate with his powerful free kicks but that was the past... Del Piero consistently puts the ball in the net..not close by, not to the keeper, but in the net. Batistuta doesn't even hit that many for Roma anymore. Do you mean the Yugoslav that used to play for Lazio, or still plays, Mihajlovic. Del Piero, top 3 in free kicks and #1 in my heart.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
apprentice thats ur opinion evryone has a right to there own opinion.. del piero is a brilliant player but i dont thinks he's the #1 wop.. francesco totti i think is the #1 wop and again thats my opinion..

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0