Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Field Shortages in the Lower Mainland

~SCORE MORE~

Jul 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the past 2.5 years I have been turned away from the Vancouver Parks Board when requesting a practice field for the 3 teams in my club. If nothing is available, where in the hell are we supposed to practice? We are a Vancouver team that has had to commute to West Vancovuer to practice, it is getting a bit annoying.

When is Livingstone supposed to be done? I don't expect to get any time down there, as I was told all teams that had a booking will be getting first dibs again. But maybe when those teams leave their gravel fields something will be available?

I've heard that a new turf field (by the train/bus depot at Main and Terminal) is scheduled to be built once the Livingstone repairs are done, but that is at least 2 years away.

And as for UBC, soooo expensive. $70/hr????

Any suggestions on alternatives? Any teams looking to share? SOOOOOOOO frustrating.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Livingstone supposedly to be ready for the fall. What kind of time slot are you looking for? You won't likely find anything as an adult team before 9 PM on a weeknight ANYWHERE, let alone in Vancouver, especially if you are looking for enough space for 3 teams.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's just as bad in surrey. tom binnie has at least 7-8 teams per hour, except the late hour which just has 4 if everyone shows up. thankx for our 40ftx40ft square.

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come out to Newton Athletic Park in Surrey. We train Tues and Thurs on turf but there are three gravel fields there that are almost always empty.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know how you all feel,We are an independent club with 2 teams and have to practice at 9pm together on 1 pitch. i see we are luckier than most. together we pay $85 a practice.(lights,turf,insurance,tax) @ 8rinks turf. 9pm-11pm,,what we do is start at 8pm on the little warm up field then move over to our field at 9pm getting an earlyer start and a sort of free hour. Plus there are changerooms which are great for team meetings and talks when is ugly out.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0