Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA 2010 World Cup

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the world champs have to rely on stuff like that against New Zealand, they are in serious trouble.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the world champs have to rely on stuff like that against New Zealand, they are in serious trouble.

When the over-hyped Orange team wins anything important, you can quote me right here... :bronco:

1958 Did Not Qualify
1962 Did Not Qualify
1966 Did Not Qualify
1970 Did Not Qualify
1974 Final
1978 Final
1982 Did Not Qualify
1986 Did Not Qualify
1990 Round of 16
1994 Quarter-finals
1998 Fourth place
2002 Did Not Qualify
2006 Round of 16

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga was that ball really flicked on? Watching the replay from a few angles I still can't tell if it was flicked on or not. If it was then yes he was off regardless if Cannavaro handled the ball. If not then the goal is a good goal.

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
zenga said:
Trouble? Win and they advance! I guess grabbing the shirt is now allowed? Its about time the refs had the balls to call that, clear peno. What about the offside goal? When the ball was flicked on the Kiwi was in an offside position. And before all you refs have a go at me I checked the Laws on Fifa.com and there is nothing about the ball coming off a defender. For me he gained an advantage by being in that offside position.

Zenga...you need to go back to fifa.com and read again...but this time ...ahhhhh never mind.

PAC2010

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geez Luch, take it easy: I understand why you are upset. I wasn't knocking the Italian side, I was just saying as a neutral observer that they were shite today against New Zealand. Hopefully Italy goes through. Maybe a good matchup in the next round if everyone goes through...M.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I kept flicking this channel on and thought I was watching the outdoors network as blue fish were flopping around everywhere?

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geez Luch, take it easy: I understand why you are upset. I wasn't knocking the Italian side, I was just saying as a neutral observer that they were shite today against New Zealand. Hopefully Italy goes through. Maybe a good matchup in the next round if everyone goes through...M.

I don't think they were shite, they just didn't play TO WIN. Nothing new here, no danger yet, and they are still in control of their own destiny. Yes they should have beat a "minnow" like NZ but this world cup has shown us there are no "minnows" in the traditional sense. Nevertheless it is true all Italian fans everywhere were disappointed with the result. I'm becoming numb and immune to the hate for Italy.

Walks I think you've got it right with Man U (tuning out the hate by consoling yourself with all the fond memories of championships and honors.) In any case there is a lot of soccer yet to play and I am anything but worried... :rolleyes:

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The MOTM is voted on by CBC viewers, clearly the Kiwi keeper should have been the MOTM he had a cracker!

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just the facts Sir M... just the facts. Dutch supporters love to crow during the first few weeks of these big tournaments and then it's over. There's a reason why there's a dessert topping named after the Orange...

Cooks.com - Recipe - Dutch Crumble Topping

As for this year's version of Italia... most supporters would tell you that some of the best talent was left behind because of the stubborn Lippi. Cassano is the one Italian who can run and take on anyone. Balotelli is different from the strikers in SA as he has pace and can provide a different role than what's there. Both left behind by Lippi. So today we saw an Italian team that ran out of ideas way too quickly. Lippi making Iaquinta (a bit player in '06) the face of 2010 is a disgrace.

First goal was nodded on and off-side, the PK was weak. They cancel themselves out. Launching silly crosses into the box continuously was the end of result of too many of the same players brought to SA. Lippi will follow his captain to Dubai when this is all over as we look forward to the Prandelli era.

Although, as always to the end... Forza Italia!

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
after looking at replays of the nz goal this morning from a couple of different angles, it doesnt look like the original ball in was flicked on, so good goal. brazil looked good today. some great spells of one touch passing. the second kaka yellow was bad. the ivorian made way too much of it. i'd like to see the cbf appeal the yellow and hopefully get the ruling over turned. maybe its karma from 02 when the turkish guy kicked the ball at rivaldo by the corner flag and hit rivaldo in the knee and he went down covering his face.....

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
During the season they sometimes review and rescind red cards after the fact if they deem the ref made a mistake. Can this happen at the WC?

Also, if this is the case...............say in the Kaka incident, can Kaka's red be absolved and the Ivory Coast player be penalized?

As LION says, it's part of the game and the quicker we get on board then the better we'll be. GFY.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
after looking at replays of the nz goal this morning from a couple of different angles, it doesnt look like the original ball in was flicked on, so good goal. brazil looked good today. some great spells of one touch passing. the second kaka yellow was bad. the ivorian made way too much of it. i'd like to see the cbf appeal the yellow and hopefully get the ruling over turned. maybe its karma from 02 when the turkish guy kicked the ball at rivaldo by the corner flag and hit rivaldo in the knee and he went down covering his face.....

It's nodded on...

FIFA.com - Italy 1:1 New Zealand

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lKxA3.gif

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Touchdown Portgual

Biggest win ever in world cup for Portugal. Watch out Brazil your next. 9 goals clear of Ivory Coast, round of 16 here we come.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver are the portuguese allowed to have a go at the Italian's for diving?

As Lion would say, it is part of what makes this game great and we need more of it. I only wished he used the stretcher and cold spray.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0