Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA 2010 World Cup

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
10...oops 11...no 12...13...14...15 now...and a red.

Over double the old record. He may be able to triple the record.

Couple more ref...come on, you can do it!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goal was a direct result of a brutal wrong call at the other end (should have been a Dutch corner).

:mad:

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goal was a direct result of a brutal wrong call at the other end (should have been a Dutch corner).

:mad:

True. But you knew that all those cards would end up being costly in the end. Such a scrappy match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Feel for the Dutch but too robben wasted two golden chances in the 90. Terrible game in genral anyways.

Robben has to finish the first one no doubt but the second one was quite clearly a foul and the reason he doesn't make the call is because it has to be a straight red for the last man fouling from behind. I don't mean to sound Italian but I thought Webb really was to much of a chicken shite to make the one difficult call in the match. Most calls were deserving, Ineista plays like a little bitch, as a whole Spain carried the play and deserved the victory. In saying that the dutch played Spain to perfection, but didn't take the chances they needed to finish...fukcing gutted haven't felt so low since Party of Five was taken off the air.

Bigun

Aug 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta take your chances against Spain. Thought the sending off was harsh as Spain were flopping all over the place in extra time and Regs is right about the non-corner call that led to the Spain goal. That said, de Jongs yellow in the first certainly could have been a red. Tough game to ref. Part of the burden of being a Dutch fan...

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Robben has to finish the first one no doubt but the second one was quite clearly a foul and the reason he doesn't make the call is because it has to be a straight red for the last man fouling from behind. I don't mean to sound Italian but I thought Webb really was to much of a chicken shite to make the one difficult call in the match. Most calls were deserving, Ineista plays like a little bitch, as a whole Spain carried the play and deserved the victory. In saying that the dutch played Spain to perfection, but didn't take the chances they needed to finish...fukcing gutted haven't felt so low since Party of Five was taken off the air.

De Jong should have been tossed in the first, if that's the call you wanted Webb to make ;)? Btw, no concern about "sounding Italian", you're still 4 stars away from that. Carry on...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
De Jong should have been tossed in the first, if that's the call you wanted Webb to make ;)? Btw, no concern about "sounding Italian", you're still 4 stars away from that. Carry on...

Just like an Italian to talk about the past. When you embarass yourselves it's about the past when you win it's about the present. Rebutton your top 6 buttons take off the dirty gold chain, and actually try and play some descent football for a change. I mean you already have 4 why not add a little style at this point. The Dutch wanted one so we went Italian but didn't finish the job, but still proud of the boys one hell of a last 2 years....Hup Holland

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just like an Italian to talk about the past. When you embarass yourselves it's about the past when you win it's about the present. Rebutton your top 6 buttons take off the dirty gold chain, and actually try and play some descent football for a change. I mean you already have 4 why not add a little style at this point. The Dutch wanted one so we went Italian but didn't finish the job, but still proud of the boys one hell of a last 2 years....Hup Holland

Unlke many Dutch supporters on TTP, all you do is spew moans about other teams to make up for your lack of ideas. The Dutch today ruined the game with ridiculous fouls and paid for it in the end. Yes, the past bulljive... 74, 78, 10. Take your pick. By the way, they cost me a couple hun today.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holland missed their opportunities. Spain took one of theirs. Saying anything else would be needless whining.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
god that was hard to watch. Robben needed to finish, period. De Jong should have been gone. The Dutch played the way they had too to win. Still the best Nation to never win the world cup :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The players have killed this game....hacking, diving, whining for calls, swarming the ref, fouls every 10 seconds...terrible game, neither team deserves the win.

Thank you, Oldtimer......another TTP member who actually saw the game for what it was. The ref did what he had to for the most part. How the fcuk did de Jong stay in the game after his karate kick in the first half. Von Bommel had 5 ****ing fouls AFTER his yellow. The Dutch were nothing more than thugs on the day.......Oranje, you're living in fantasyland if you really believe the Dutch didn't take their 'chances'.......did you watch the game? Robben had his breakaway saved.......Spain had 5 brilliant chances to bury the Dutch throughout the game. One team was their to try to play football and one team was playing hack a Spaniard. Yes, Spain starting the diving shite which we all hate but Holland was a disgrace today. It is a shame to see a nation who has always had pride in the way they play football resort to those tactics today. Every yellow card was deserved, Sir M, and they should have had two sent off. Robben should have been sent off for a second yellow too. Holland had no discipline today and that was their tactic. They ruined the potential of the supporters of the game watching a good game of football. Thank fcuk Spain won because it would have been a disgrace to watch the team in orange walk away world cup winners. The better team won and the game of football won despite the diving which has been pathetic throughout the tournament. The worst diver/whiner other than Ronaldo was wearing orange today too. Robben, go fcuk yourself you cheating diving bastard. You got what you deserved.a loss. Well done to any Spanish TTP members. I have to be honest though, I don't know a Spaniard? :confused:

Anyone who thinks the ref determined the fate of the Dutch and this game is really kidding themselves......Holland should have been playing with 10 men after de Jong's challenge.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I assume you're talking about De Jong's kick in the first half? There is no way he was last man as there was another Spaniard about a yard away from the play. Von Bommel should have been sent off for persistent infringement after his caution and of course Robben for kicking the ball in the goal after he was called for offside. The Dutch deserved EVERYTHING they got. They were shite and weren't interested in playing football. Rugby would have been better for that squad today.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Call me when Ireland makes the tournament, let alone a final. :p

As for whiney bitches, how was Iniesta still on the park after kicking van Bommel off the ball? Oh the virtuous Spaniards. :rolleyes:

How about Pujyol pulling down Robben on another breakaway chance? But of course, Heitinga had to go. :confused:

Put all that crap aside, I think Webb kept control over a difficult match.

I do think Robben should have done better on the breakaway Casillas saved. I think Mathijsen should have done better with his header. (He also whiffed on another chance). Robben clearly goes down too easily and likely suffers from the boy who cried wolf syndrome as a result, but CS, if you were watching the tournament at all, you would have to admit that he was getting kicked up and down the park. Marvellous game we have have when the way to neutralize good players is to cynically kick the crap out of them. :rolleyes:

Villa really did not factor in the game, did he?

As an aside, when did mugging and hugging become an accepted part of defending in the box? One replay showed Piqué and Kuyt slowdancing. This went on all tournament. Did I miss a FIFA circular encouraging this?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Oranje, soccer is Ireland's 4th sport after Gaelic Football, Hurling, and Rugby......great comparison. Holland has been known for good football over the years.....their 'total soccer' of 1974/1978 and even some of the later teams is what they should be known for. That didn't happen today or this tournament. Holland was a fcuking disgrace today and nothing more. If you can't see that, then probably make stupid comments comparing Ireland to Holland in football......wait a minute.

Kicking Von Bommell? :D FFS, get your new prescription for your glasses sorted. I watched the majority of the tournament and Robben was the diver he always will be. He has his arms out to the side more than anyone.......he is a whining cnut. Lots of players are but he stands out with Ronaldo. He was shite today.....how many times is he going to run STRAIGHT down the right side of the field before losing the ball because Spain were playing his left hip? Holland got exactly what they deserved today.........NOTHING. They are losers for the third time in the final and this is the first team of the three who TRULY deserved to lose. Change their style and tactics and we might have had a classic final but instead we were punished for 120 minutes.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS, all I was saying was that the most yellows ever in a final were about ten less than today: that is a statistical anomaly which can be explained several ways, but one leaps out. Some people may argue that the officials have evolved to a point where the fans have to watch them as the central characters as opposed to the players.

Why was the ref wearing shoulder pads?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M.....there have been a lot of bad reffing jobs and good reffing jobs in the tournament. The ref today had his job made EASY for him today by the way the Dutch played. Honestly, there could have been two straight reds for challenges but he chose to try to keep the players on the park. The Dutch got away with this earlier in the tournament(Brazil in particular) and they thought they could get away with it today. Didn't work. I've never seen a Dutch team more intent on leaving the leg in before trying to play good flowing football. They were the MAIN problem of this game, not the ref. The Spaniards help make it farcical too with their antics. Both teams were dreaful for asking the ref to give cards and moaning in bunches every chance they got.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M.....there have been a lot of bad reffing jobs and good reffing jobs in the tournament. The ref today had his job made EASY for him today by the way the Dutch played. Honestly, there could have been two straight reds for challenges but he chose to try to keep the players on the park. The Dutch got away with this earlier in the tournament(Brazil in particular) and they thought they could get away with it today. Didn't work. I've never seen a Dutch team more intent on leaving the leg in before trying to play good flowing football. They were the MAIN problem of this game, not the ref. The Spaniards help make it farcical too with their antics. Both teams were dreaful for asking the ref to give cards and moaning in bunches every chance they got.

Honestly I agree with a lot of what you say but at the same time I don't know. What did Spain score 7 or 8 goals this tourny in 7 games....Beautiful football indeed. I like the way that they play possesion move off the ball but in the same breath I often find myself getting a bit bored. They don't take any chances and really are a team full of soft midgets with zero grit or edge. Robben is bad but watch Iniesta, he wasn't touched on numerous occasions but spins in the air with his arms up appealing for a call every fukcing time. I liked the Dutch grit they got some actually hard men not always pretty to watch but that's the way to play Spain.
Fukc you don't go out and play Spain football against Spain they will hold 80% possesion then dismantle you 1 nil with their beautiful play:rolleyes:. Everyone knows you can't beat spain at their own game and thats the game the Dutch try to play but aren't at the same level. We stifled them all afternoon they had a few quality chances but nothing better then the dutch. Both teams missed a few golden chances off set pieces over the bar and Robben missed the best chance of the match in regulation. Sure we killed the game but ask Germany what it was like trying to play football against Spain.
I still don't know what De Jong was thinking fukcing ridiculous challenge. Clearly claiming it was a high foot and he was after the ball but fukc sakes it was bad. However Puyol was the last man no matter what you want to say, Pique was a few steps ahead of him and didn't have a shot at catching Robben, the one time he stays on his feet he is punished. That is why guys go down, they are rewarded more often then not. Only a ref without a clue would give Robben a second yellow in that situation, dumb play by Robben but Webb showed control like he did all match.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0