Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I notice that when the scenario of one player fouling the other, and the player getting fouled embellishes (dives or just lets their legs go limp), that the refs are clearly being told to not call the foul and play on. They have been consistent with this so the edict from above is to call it this way. Why can they not call the foul and then card the dive? A player on a diving yellow would stop…no?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's easier to just get on with it than have star players missing knockout stage games due to yellow accumulations no?

Not saying I agree with it, just likely that's the thinking imho.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a penalty and it hurts me to say it...but it was. Smilev missed a penalty MUCH worse and gave a red for FAR less in the Provincial Final. Remember that, Smilev? Of course you do. #hero

He definitely clipped Samaras heel while he was going forward. If it occured in the middle of the pitch it is a foul....just because of the timing and where it was on the field doesn't mean it wasn't a foul. It was in the penalty area...penalty kick. BTW, football is the real loser that Greece is going through. :) Hi Spiro.

I don't think that particular game or the Columbia game, you can accuse Greece of not playing. The South Korea game, yes you can and I couldn't stand to watch. But it is what it is. But without a doubt, that penalty call was bang on!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets have some Suarez perspective here. For me its not really that big of a deal. It should have been a red and maybe a few game ban. Obviously it will be some crazy year long ban or worse. We have all played the game and at this level there is a lot of mind games and sneaky, dirty things going on. Guys are pinching each other on corner kicks, defenders putting fingers in the forwards bum(yes this happens). The bite did zero damage and id rather see the odd incident like this then the late tackles and the knee high boot that break peoples legs and do real damage. Play against any old school guy locally and they think these dirty tackles is just a hard nose game or hand bags. For me running to the ref with a little imprint of teeth and no cut or blood is the hand bags. Bite on.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets have some Suarez perspective here. For me its not really that big of a deal. It should have been a red and maybe a few game ban. Obviously it will be some crazy year long ban or worse. We have all played the game and at this level there is a lot of mind games and sneaky, dirty things going on. Guys are pinching each other on corner kicks, defenders putting fingers in the forwards bum(yes this happens). The bite did zero damage and id rather see the odd incident like this then the late tackles and the knee high boot that break peoples legs and do real damage. Play against any old school guy locally and they think these dirty tackles is just a hard nose game or hand bags. For me running to the ref with a little imprint of teeth and no cut or blood is the hand bags. Bite on.

Bite me Bulljive!

Its a Bitch move don't try and justify it.

And no i have never had another guy try to stick finger up my ass. Its just you! Try hanging out at different bars to avoid this.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm happy for Messi.
I'm totally cheering for the Argies now and hope he can pull this all off on his shoulders.

Class act compared to bozos like Suarez and cry babies like Ronaldo.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

One time maybe you can justify this post, 3rd time. Come on now.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
One time maybe you can justify this post, 3rd time. Come on now.

I'm just trying to put into perspective. Yah it looks bad and is bad but really what happened a milimeter indent on his shoulder? Ive spoken to many guys who have come back from long trials in europe and they all talked about things like the center back trying to put a finger in the bum to throw you off and guys grabbing your nuts. Really what's the difference Ive had a player thats now playing pro try and stick a finger in my bum and asked me if I like it, in the FVSL for fcuk sakes. Last year I had a team in the valley pinching me and punching me, raking my achilles as I stood in the Wall. This shite goes on guys and its part of the mental game and things people are willing to do to win.

Is it really worse then the 100's of horrific tackles that Van bommel punished players with for years? Get off the social media spiral, Suarez is an animal that will do anything to win and you never turn your back on an animal. Italy is out, what could be better.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was travelling in the US today and listened to two separate media broadcasts about Uruguay player Luis Sanchez biting an opposing player. Then they started on about something about Landon Donovan.

PS Bulljive that is a risk you must accept when deciding to play in the FVSL.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure there is still a market for him, but the price just dropped immensely. I would think Barca and or Real would want a major discount now given the latest debacle. Can you blame them??

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting stat that's being floated around. Luis Suarez has now been banned for 34 games since 2010, despite not receiving a single red card o_O

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dunno... they could look at it as a risk worth taking. Basically he is missing about the first 10 games of the season domestically which is the same for the last incident yet he still finished with 31 goals.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
His market value surely will have dropped. Fantastic player, great goal scorrer, but a lunatic! If he is being brought in to deliver in Champions League, you can't trust he won't snap again and face a bigger suspension.

As for finger in bum:

#1. Sure it happens. Ask Sid, smell his finger.
#2. No player in their right mind is going to admit to being the victim of that move.

"Million-to-one shot, doc."

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great timing for me to finally get some Pro Prediction points out of this group :)

Tight at the top with only 2 games to go... don't fcuk it up now, Regs :)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0