Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is another gem of a quote by a USA sports announcer I just heard:

'USA Coach Jurgen Klinsmann has stated "it is not about what you have done for me in the past but what you can do for me going forward", referring to not selecting forward Landon Donovan and midfielder Kobe Bryant to the US World Cup side'.

I am serious.

Last edited:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jurgen does have a point thought, you can't just pick people because of what they have done before, I believe landons experience would have helped the team for sure and he still is a quality player (regardless of how much I can't stand the little panzy)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schürrle you jest... (yeah, I've been waiting to use that one). Landycakes wouldn't have made a bit of difference.

No surprise that after the Murkins are sent packing that the ignorant talking heads in the States start chirping about a sport they still know nothing about. Pathetic, especially that troll Ann Coulter...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree Trece, I don't think they are ignorant. I was listening to a couple of American radio guys on the 1410 and they were giving a detailed analysis on the Americans tournament and how things will be different at the next world cup in Russia. They sounded like they knew what they were talking about to me.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a perfect excuse and scapegoat for the American media leaving landycakes out. How do you think Wondo feels today? Probably one of the only times he'd miss that.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For every time you see a decent Murkin commentator say something constructive, intelligent or well-informed about footy, you get a dozen shaved monkeys coming out with pronouncements like the "Luis Sanchez" one, or explaining the rules of the game (frequently incorrectly), or the trolls who deride a sport they don't understand (despite the rest of the world understanding it quite well).

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a perfect excuse and scapegoat for the American media leaving landycakes out. How do you think Wondo feels today? Probably one of the only times he'd miss that.

When are San Jose next here? My Belgian roots have me torn between thanking the lad and yelling "You're no Landy!"...

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is the ref wearing a brazil jersey???.....not to take anything away from brazil, there 2 goals are goals, but fcuking hell ref, how many times does james have to get shithumped from behind to get yellow.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
YIKES!

Bru1rDcCEAArLUh.jpg

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. Brazil didn't need help from the official, but the official fully helped.
2. The David Luiz goal was spectacular, but never a foul in the first place.
3. If there's a yellow for JC and it's a peno how is that not a professional foul/sending off? Can Walks/Captain provide clarification for this mucker who's never officiated?
Law 12 provides that a defender whose violation of the Law prevents a goal or denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity must be sent off and shown the red card. The "professional foul" which is taken in a cynical attempt to prevent opponents from scoring requires a quick, firm response by the referee. Such misconduct by the defender overshadows the severity of the foul itself.

In order for a player to be sent off for denying an "obvious goal-scoring opportunity," four elements must be present:

• Number of Defenders -- not more than one defender between the foul and the goal, not counting the defender who committed the foul
  • Distance to goal -- the closer the foul is to the goal, the more likely it is an obvious goal-scoring opportunity
  • Distance to ball -- the attacker must have been close enough to the ball at the time of the foul to have continued playing the ball
  • Direction of play -- the attacker must have been moving toward the goal at the time the foul was committed
If any element is missing, there can be no send off for denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity. Further, the presence of each of these elements must be "obvious" in order for the send off to be appropriate under this provision of Law 12.

However, the foul might, by itself, warrant a card -- a caution for unsporting behavior, for example, if the challenge was reckless or a send off if the challenge were violent. If the foul by the defender is both violent and qualifies as an obvious goal-scoring opportunity offense misconduct, the referee should include both facts in the game report but must only list one official reason for the red card.

Referees are reminded that offenses which deny a goal-scoring opportunity are not limited to those punishable by a direct free kick or penalty kick but may include technical fouls for which the restart is an indirect free kick.
Was it the "Distance to Ball" inference? The ball was essentially pushed by JC when he committed the foul?
4. Too bad Rodriguez didn't decide to show up till he was yellow carded?
5. I'm still unsure as to how the Colombia goal is offside if it was played first by David Luiz and then the 2 guys originally offside are back on?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0