Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN, my guess is that there was a Brazillian defender within a couple of yards of when he pushed the ball by JC......that's still important if there was anyone else who could have defended the situation and it appeared there was though I only watched it on my phone as I won on the ferry.

As for the offside...apparently the flag was up earlier but not acknowledged until after???? No idea.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The flag went up as 2 players were off (maybe a yard or two, very clear from the replay) before the ball was kicked. The flag was up for about 9 seconds before the actual ball went in the net.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard a rumor and i'm to lazy to look it up that neymar has a broken vertibre and is out for the rest of the world cup. just a rumor.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again and again the refs are not calling the fouls when the recipient throws his hands behind him and hurls himself to the ground. I've appreciated this compromise to the challenge of dealing with divers and I've appreciated the consistency shown by the refs. That said, Mexico got absolutely screwed when the ref went off the grid with his injury time peno call on Marquez.

Attachments

• robben-dive.jpg
    robben-dive.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 48

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hate to see a player get hurt and miss their chance at a World Cup especially in their hometown, however is it bad to say that it could be karma for the consistent dives and faking of injuries in every match? It's hard to defend our sport when it happens so often. Half these pro's are softer than mcdonalds ice cream or so they make it seem!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For every time you see a decent Murkin commentator say something constructive, intelligent or well-informed about footy, you get a dozen shaved monkeys coming out with pronouncements like the "Luis Sanchez" one, or explaining the rules of the game (frequently incorrectly), or the trolls who deride a sport they don't understand (despite the rest of the world understanding it quite well).

To be fair, it is not just the US commentators. Did you catch CBC's Scott Russel's pre game comment when the teams were in the tunnel..."there you see the young German striker Thomas Mueller leading his side out into the tunnel for this match."

And it was this "Thomas Mueller" for Scott:

upload_2014-7-4_18-52-43.jpeg

Also, this will be big news for the upcoming semi-final:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wo...win-World-Cup-poster-boy-miss-semi-final.html

Attachments

• upload_2014-7-4_18-51-6.jpeg
    upload_2014-7-4_18-51-6.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 29

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This WC (in HD from every angle) has shown how at the top of the this sport, the strategy is to play to the letter of the rules. As soon as you have position and can encourage the slightest amount of contact, bring it in, do absolutely nothing to try and stay your ground, drag your foot over theirs, flop to the ground, while in mid air, do the face that makes you look like a large dicked man has just dry humped your virginal tract without warning, then land on the ground while clutching your face like a 3 year old would do while throwing a hissy fit.

We all know how physical the game is (we play), but I am getting tired of people I know asking my why they do these things. It looks like a game made for fancy boys with delicate constitutions.

Soccer needs to adopt many of the rules and pride of rugby. Play on, go for goal, and don't be a pussy.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
what about changing the rules a little. say, any contact in the box that is not a clear shot, or shooting, or scoring chance is not a penalty but just an indirect free kick. could it work?, didn't we use to have that? maybe i've been drinking?.....i'll finish my thought but i have to get another bottle of scotch.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I may also be drunk, but i do remember a free kick from like 3 yards out years ago. Not clear on what the foul was at the time.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argentina through and you gotta love the piss taking football fans exhibit :)

BrzKnCJCMAAvwvA.jpg

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm thinking Memphis DePay is the young player of the tournament so far, and can't think of anyone left in the competition to overtake him.

James leading the race for player of the tourny for me with messi, and robben still in with a shot based on the next two rounds.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0