Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fort McMurray

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unreal this week like scenes out of a movie. Very surprised there haven't been any reports of massive road rage as some of these videos show people being generally dicks when it comes to driving...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw today that Air Canada flights out have jumped from a competitive fair with WetJet at a price of $600 to near $4500+.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw a video today of a persons home security system recording as his house burns to the ground. Can you imagine watching your own home completely destroyed on video from inside the house.

Heart goes out to Ft Mac for sure. By the looks of the news coverage there may not even be a city left to move back to for those people.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It really is quite an unreal story, especially when you add in the environmentalists' "told you sos" regarding climate change.

Which is...quite the stretch. Furthermore, insensitive and ill-timed. What I can't stand is the vocal left-wing public essentially pointing and chastising the victims (and of course, their employers, and the evil governments that would even allow industry to thrive). These victims are just everyday folks like all of us that at one time were in search of careers, and found good ones in Fort Mac.

It's going to be a brutal summer and next winter in Fort Mac, but there is something about Albertan will and the strong will of people that live there that gives me some hope that the town will rise from the ashes stronger than before.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0