Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Freight and PDI

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lads

Im looking to buy a new vehicle and have always been confused by this additional charge on the invoice. Can anyone tell me if this is a legit charge or just the salesman trying to screw every last cent out of me....

The charges Ive seen are between ~$1200 and $1600

Thoughts???

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only things you/we've really have as far as negotiating a new vehicle with this 'fair pricing' bullshit they've come up with, is your trade in and the extra charges like freight and PDI. Watch for the battery fees and a couple others. I've had almost all taken away before.

The car is on the lot already, what frieght? :)

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you are buying new, make sure they give you a full tank of gas, as well less than 50 km or less on the car....

All the charges can be negotiated from what i saw. The freight and PDI is a standard one they charge, as it's some inspection crap they claim to do. But work them on the price a bit more.

What are you buying?? I see that some dealerships are doing a buy one get a 2nd free type of deal.... crazy... :eek:

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im looking at the Honda Odyssey. I guess they have come down in price a ton over the last year or so.

the salesman never mentioned the 2 for 1... Ill have to ask :)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im looking at the Honda Odyssey. I guess they have come down in price a ton over the last year or so.

the salesman never mentioned the 2 for 1... Ill have to ask :)

The 2 for 1 I say was by a Jeep, Durango, Ram or something to that effect and get a free Dodge Calibre. Crappy cars but you can't argue with free.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
in june i bought a 2004 honda odyssey EXL with the DVD package for the wife. It was a lease-return with 52,000 kms... no accidents... silver... leather... fully maintained at the dealership. it was honda certified preowned... and had a drivetrain warranty on it for another 2 years (i wont hit 120,000 kms before the time elapses). picked it up for $18,000 and financed half of it at 0.9%.

they had a preprinted form with all of the extra fees and charges. i just scratched them out and told them my price as inclusive of all charges. they acted like i was being unreasonable, of course. so i started to walk out.

buyers market... they caught me at the door... sat me down.... and took it.

a similar new odyssey is around $45,000 i think. seems worthwhile to look at pre-owned... as honda is less flexible on new vehicles.

also... women treat cars like shite. kids spill juice boxes, and crackers, etc all over the place. doesn't seem right to buy a new one when a quality used honda is a fraction of the price. they look really nice for about a week.

my 2 bits.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks

list is $42,500 for the EX-L, the salesman offered that less 5K when I was just kicking the tires, so I figure Ive got some more wiggle room. Ill have a look at the Honda Certified stuff

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks

list is $42,500 for the EX-L, the salesman offered that less 5K when I was just kicking the tires, so I figure Ive got some more wiggle room. Ill have a look at the Honda Certified stuff

wait untill general motors files for chapter 11 tommorow

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
with the big usd/cad exchange rate shakeup earlier this year... everyone was walking away from their leases at the expiry... rather than buying them out. honda canada was stuck with a shite-pile of inventory and couldnt move them. that is when i took advantage of the situation. not sure what the situation is now...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0