Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Friendlies over the break

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spot on Army.

I'm glad everything went smoothly for you and your team last year but the fact of the matter is that in every league in this province & country, there are problems with abuse towards officials - doesn't matter if it's youth or FIFA officials, it's all the same ........ young kids aren't going to be able to deal with it the same as older officials and thus, 90% of them pack it in before they finish high school - fact.

It gets old pretty fast for kids when you're standing out in the pouring rain / freezing cold, getting screamed at by muppets that spend half the time hammering the ball into the parking lot :rolleyes:

Well said, Walks.........and there is always the point of referees making stories up on game reports because they have nothing better to do........there are a lot of good refs around and there are definitely a lot who should consider taking a break from mens' soccer, especially when it is very difficult to leave the center circle. Of course this is written from the point of view of a coach, not a ref..........I think I'm allowed to that. Right, JB?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cappy you raise a good point.

By having linesman would you have the odd occurance of a ref fabricating a good story on a report to cover up mistake(s) if you had 3 people signing off on the report, or would you simply have 3 liars?

;)
toungue somewhat in cheek.

Jun 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey guys, before going on thinking I am slamming the FVSL and the refs let me state that I think the league and their match officials do an awesome job of the thankless job that is refereeing senior soccer at times. 99% of the time the refereeing is good if not great, it is always the two or three games a year where a certain guy may have a shocker that we always seem to comment on and remember. Also the league does a great job imho of getting guys there. It would have been real easy for the league to say no, the league is on break, or for the ref to simply not show up because the wind made the game near unplayable at times.... but he did show and he did the game.

If you look back at a lot of my posts you will see that I go to bat for the refs a lot. I think there are some real gems out there and some real characters as well that simply add to the experience and enjoyability of the games.

I am just stating my frustrations about one ref in one instance in particular, and the situation of a friendly game and any possible consequences of bookings etc...

LOL...way too try and cover your arse!

I love how you are trying to make excuses for the fact that you lost...to a Div 3 FVSL team no less.

Gotta love guys who lose and then blame the ref!:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ummmm, where do you learn to read dipshit?

In an earlier post I stated quite clearly that the game was more about getting a run in before the season starts up again, rather than the result.

My gripe was about referees that think they are God, Judge, Jury, and Executioner in their behavior at friendlies over the break.

"to an FVSL Div 3 team no less"
You still have not ever come out on TTP and said what team you gel up the hair, put on the silver boots, and ride the pine for dumbass.
It's pretty easy to be keyboard tough and keyboard clever, but you have never seemed keen enough to grow a pair to give any of us an inclination as to what team you play for.

...not that anyone pays much attention to you.

again, please keep the thread crapping to a minimum.

cheers ;)

Jun 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
...not that anyone pays much attention to you.

cheers ;)

is that why you always respond to me? :D

Too easy!

You were bitter that you lost...it is pretty obvious form your posts. Deal with it! Quit blaming the ref!

Like Walks said, give your head a shake! All the smell of Langley cow shite is starting to rot your brain! The refs are not out to get you!

P.S. there is more to life than sitting on TTP 24 hrs a day. Try and get a hobby or polish up your soccer skills. You may even make it the FVSL Div 1 before you hit 30...maybe. or you could go back to the "Burnaby League".....HAHAHA...

PPS i play for a I-Tie team, try and figure it out. Shouldn't be that hard, considering you have nothing to do all day but post on TTP 24/7 about every little event in your life.:D

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
is that why you always respond to me? :D

Too easy!

You were bitter that you lost...it is pretty obvious form your posts. Deal with it! Quit blaming the ref!

Like Walks said, give your head a shake! All the smell of Langley cow shite is starting to rot your brain! The refs are not out to get you!

P.S. there is more to life than sitting on TTP 24 hrs a day. Try and get a hobby or polish up your soccer skills. You may even make it the FVSL Div 1 before you hit 30...maybe. or you could go back to the "Burnaby League".....HAHAHA...

PPS i play for a I-Tie team, try and figure it out. Shouldn't be that hard, considering you have nothing to do all day but post on TTP 24/7 about every little event in your life.:D

oh id luv to jump into this one but im gonna stay clear:D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0