Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2011/'12 Promotion & Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is what cup play is for so the lower division teams can knock off one of the higher division teams

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious in whats going to happen if Surrey ACBC doesn't beat Moody and end up in 9th. SFC Guildford is 2nd in Div 1. Will there still be a promotion game or will they just keep the spot and I'm guessing try and improve on the current Premier squad...

Maybe Jimmy Jones can clarify?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious in whats going to happen if Surrey ACBC doesn't beat Moody and end up in 9th. SFC Guildford is 2nd in Div 1. Will there still be a promotion game or will they just keep the spot and I'm guessing try and improve on the current Premier squad...

Maybe Jimmy Jones can clarify?

Ghouse can answer any questions regarding the prem team. i look after the div 2 team.

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC will have 2 teams in D1 next year, ACBC or Guilford and The Yotes. If Guilford promotes to Prem I don't think ACBC and The Yotes will have enough (commited) players to keep both teams going, considering you can't transfer players in the same division. They could however sign all players down to D2 Akal and transfer at the break.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear there will be an 8 team masters premier with only one team
Going down & none going up!that saying I also hear that there will be a div 1 masters & a div 2 masters ,any input out there!?

Sid

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A 14 game Masters Premier season would leave more open weekends for scheduling Bradner Cup games instead of cramming Weekday games in like they are now.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A 14 game Masters Premier season would leave more open weekends for scheduling Bradner Cup games instead of cramming Weekday games in like they are now.
what about the other 60+ teams that might enter that have 18 game seasons? It would only work if everyone had the same amount of games.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I hope we play each team three times then because if we don't the season will be over by Christmas and we'll be waiting four months for the provincials to start.

The brass need to give their heads a shake if this is being given ANY consideration

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear there will be an 8 team masters premier with only one team
Going down & none going up!that saying I also hear that there will be a div 1 masters & a div 2 masters ,any input out there!?

Sid

This post makes sense sid. I am not sure who wrote it for you but you should keep them around:rolleyes:

This would make each division a little more competitive from top to bottom especially with Poco leaving for the VMSL.

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a difficult one though as it's really a tight division in Masters 1. First to 10th is separated by 12 points which is the closest in the whole league. Almost every other division (maybe with the exception of Div 1) has clear relegation candidates, but that's not the same for Masters 1 if you're splitting to three 8 team divisions.
I guess those teams currently in 8th or lower would just be sht outta luck if that's the case. Does anyone know if there there any new teams expected in Masters for 2012/13 - maybe it could expand further to three divs of 10?

onlygoals

Nov 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think guildford will drop back down faster then a bag of hammers
Yes yes we made it Out Of mirage tonight and ended up on Granville at Joseph Richards night club. How ? I have no clue. But roumor has it that we are Playng premier next season and will go down like a bag of W.E . Oh how fun that will be. Well I'm the coach with one eye open at the moment with my captain to my right and water boy to my left and both are telling me that they are at the top of the world because only 4 years ago they were Playng div3 and now they will be playing premier, wtf coach is what they asked ? So I said don't worry boys they have us going down and I have us going up not because we are better but because we try harder due to the drinks tasting better when we win.......

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know it might be tough for travel purposes, but maybe try:

Top 3 left in each of the Div4's A,B,C + 1
Middle 3 from each + 1
and all the rest.

Makes no difference to us because we travel all over the valley anyhow. But i know there are teams who
hate to travel outside they're 20km Radius.

Just a thought, it would make it a tighter race for all concerned. The bottom teams would all have competition
without getting ther ass kicked all over the field every week and the top ones would have a lot closer matches every week.

Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0