Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2013/14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

matkinson

Nov 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year's Div. 1 Coastal FC team will be moving up to prem under a different club/name as of this morning. Coastal will not be running a Div. 1 team this year by the sounds of it.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprised to see Abbotsford go straight into Masters Div 1 when Poco Rangers finished 2nd in Div 2 last year tied on points with the first placed team...good bunch of guys too...thought they would be up for playing Div1 this year.
we decided to stick with the club system and not compete with Dominion in Div 1 and rather use our pool to have more of our guys play div 1 with them. We were and are up for playing up a level for sure but will stick with div 2 this year and see how it pans out.
We have added some new guys to the squad so that should improve us as well. Probably see you on the park this yr in Div 1 or 2 Sniffer.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year's Div. 1 Coastal FC team will be moving up to prem under a different club/name as of this morning. Coastal will not be running a Div. 1 team this year by the sounds of it.

Why did I see this coming. Not good news on the premier front. I rather see one strong team as opposed to two descent ones. I see Langley and GEU running away from the league in a hurry. Two teams that have a large core in the right age range.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
there is some big new pending about the coming season... you'll have to wait until Wednesdays league meetings for it to be public knowledge though. This could make this season VERY interesting and games ultra competitive from start to finish.

Last edited:

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
we decided to stick with the club system and not compete with Dominion in Div 1 and rather use our pool to have more of our guys play div 1 with them. We were and are up for playing up a level for sure but will stick with div 2 this year and see how it pans out.
We have added some new guys to the squad so that should improve us as well. Probably see you on the park this yr in Div 1 or 2 Sniffer.

Div 1 only for me this year...not sure the body can take 2 games on a weekend anymore!!

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a guy who played for a team that went straight from div 3 to Prem, let them start were ever. As an older player/ coach now, let then start in div 3 or 2. if the spots are available and no one wants to fill them, go for it. if your not promoting a team that won promotion, and allowing a new team to take there place. then that is wrong.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
so this is pretty damn weird, promotion/relegation in div 2. I don't really care cause we have to play every weekend anyway, but the new div 2 only has 4 teams left from last years division.

Burnaby Metro Selects (new never existed)
CCB India FC (new never existed)
CMF Titans (new promoted 2nd place)
Fraser Valley Red Devils B (new promoted)
Langley Dynamo (already in division)
Langley Sparta (new promoted)
North Delta 91's (new promoted 2nd place)
Surrey Temple FC (already in division)
TWU (new)
Westcoast Black Knights (already in division)
Westcoast Celtic (already in division)
Westcoast Razorbacks (new)

Abby 7th place div 2 and Stolo 5th place div 2, both promoted to div 1.

Good riddance because both had absolutely shite kick off times, but some weird stuff going on at fvsl headquarters.

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the teams in Div2 will be good.
Razorbacks are pretty much the open div1 team all the young guys.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it that the league wants to move up SFC Temple (div.2) to Div.1 and swap them with SFC Phoenix Coyotes (currently in Div.1). Apparently the league has recognized that the 4 legged animals don't have a team to field and they are phoning the parties involved.
How about them Cowboys JJ?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it that the league wants to move up SFC Temple (div.2) to Div.1 and swap them with SFC Phoenix Coyotes (currently in Div.1). Apparently the league has recognized that the 4 legged animals don't have a team to field and they are phoning the parties involved.
How about them Cowboys JJ?

Look carefully at the temple roster...

It's called " a club system" ;)

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look carefully at the temple roster...

It's called " a club system" ;)

So then your not opposed to "swapping spots?"
I find it hard to believe that 8-12 core guys are going to Div.2 when you can only call up a max of 7.
Good luck JJ.
Hopefully the Div2 forum will get a rest from you for 1 year.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So then your not opposed to "swapping spots?"
I find it hard to believe that 8-12 core guys are going to Div.2 when you can only call up a max of 7.
Good luck JJ.
Hopefully the Div2 forum will get a rest from you for 1 year.

8-12 ?! Check again.

As for the div 2 forum we'll see what happens it gets boring sometimes...so I need to wake it up once in awhile.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprised to see Abbotsford go straight into Masters Div 1 when Poco Rangers finished 2nd in Div 2 last year tied on points with the first placed team...good bunch of guys too...thought they would be up for playing Div1 this year.
We were quite happy to start in Div 2 but were informed (without requesting) that we will be in Div 1. We didn't decline so bring it on!

mjy9

Sep 9, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
It'll be interesting to see how this Div2 turns out.. good to be playing with the guys again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0