Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2013/14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
For some reason N.D. Sundowners are now in div 3. i'd like to think it's fair, we did finnish tied for 1st in 4b last year. lost on tie break.
On a side note, I like the updated site Regs. Lookin good. i haven't visited in a few months and the change is nice. well done sir.

I think you guys got promoted because Surrey Eagles folded.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
i don't know the reason honestly. but it's not like we finished 3rd and wined. we felt we played good enough to advance to div 3, but lost to tie break, which is fair. hopefully this year we can finish mid to high pack and stay up. the lads are excited and training hard. should be exciting.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, why are we now shaking hands before games? I get the whole matching kits, balls, and even the respect the ref thing. but why hand shakes before the game, not just after?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would guess the pre game handshake is to avoid any conflict that happened during the game, coming to full force in the post game hand shake. I wouldn't be surprised if the events that happened out in stolo last year which ended in their suspension, had something to do with this as well. I think its a good thing to be honest, once we hear that whistle its a lot faster to get to the well stocked cooler:woot:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, why are we now shaking hands before games? I get the whole matching kits, balls, and even the respect the ref thing. but why hand shakes before the game, not just after?
It was asked for by a majority at the AGM. It came from the floor. I like the idea to be honest. Hip hip hooray is for 6 year olds and ex-Peg players. But yes, its something a little different and helps keep game emotions to the game and limit any after shenanigans. You're more than welcome to still shake hands, hug or dry hump anyone you choose though, but this was asked for.

so... do it :)

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was asked for by a majority at the AGM. It came from the floor. I like the idea to be honest. Hip hip hooray is for 6 year olds and ex-Peg players. But yes, its something a little different and helps keep game emotions to the game and limit any after shenanigans. You're more than welcome to still shake hands, hug or dry hump anyone you choose though, but this was asked for.

so... do it :)

No worries. i am coaching and not playing this year, so it doesn't really affect me, just found it a curious rule change. maybe there was to much tension last year with teams. i don't know. but if it came from the floor then maybe there was a problem. as long as i can still drink beer on the sidelines, i don't care what the league does. it is in good hands.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't this actually a FIFA innitiative? We've been asked to do this for our U-12 girls team, too. The handshake thing. Not the holding hands thing w/ FVSL Prem players. I'm sure there would be complaints after, if that were the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0