Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars FVSL allstars vs VMSL allstars

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we are getting closer to setting a game up with the VMSL allstars.

Today i confirmed a sponsor for the game who will not only donate a very nice trophy to the winner but also have both teams and staff back to the restaurant for dinner and pints after.

We are looking to book Town Centre Stadium and would love to make the match a Friday Night Affair!

Both teams have players that do not get started Provincials til the end of April or first week of May?

Hopefully we can get this done and booked over the next few days.

I think a FVSL vs VMSL game would be a well attended match?

Everything looks good from our point of view.

Let's just hope the VMSL is as excited as we are to get this match on the calendar.

The VMSL boys play the caps on April 12th already.

Why not April 20th?????

Hopefully we get this game secured very soon so that both leagues can look forward to a very entertaining night.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach, I'm looking forward to watching this game so hopefully it gets confirmed soon so I can book the time off from my co-ed summer league practice! My only question is if you will have the same all star team against the VMSL as you did the Whitecaps, or will you give teams another chance to put in their player requests as per who should be a FVSL ALLSTAR representitive?:D If it's the same team as the Caps I don't really want to miss my co-ed tryout!;)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Why not April 20th?????

I think I saw a commercial on TV that said they were playing the U of Vic Vikes Soccer team that day.

Now that is advertising...

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Coach can we pick the team next year? We will only include the three teams on this side of the water and pretend we asked you guys? And to no surprise this means Guiness still won't make the team. Hell if you guys want to build another team as well that could be cool... we could call our team the not as good FVSL allstar team?

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
... we could call our team the not as good FVSL allstar team?

You said it.....

I realize I am opening up a can of worms but looking at (and playing against) the three teams from "the other side" of the water, I don't know what you expect. Seriously, I can't think of many standouts on any one of those teams and if you look at the three team's performances throughout the year, they all suck!!

I know you can argue for the occasional player (Peters from PoCo comes to mind) but I would question even him making the team.

If you want to improve you chances of making any future All Star teams, here are some options for you to consider:

- have you dad coach the team
- be a better player
the "advanced" Brad Higgs Soccer School.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knees,

One thing that we can all agree on is that you didn't deserve to be on the team. You have never been a dim light, never mind a star. Whooooooooo. I will give you this though, you are not as bad on the pitch as you are on the pool table. I expect a pint out of you tomorrow.

JTL

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
Hey Coach can we pick the team next year?

And to no surprise this means Guiness still won't make the team.

In my opinion, guinny would be playing against the VMSL team, but here is why.

All-Star games are a waste of time, the team has no time to gell and it is just a North American thing put on to give the fans a chance to see all the Stars play together at one time.

Let the Champions of each league play-off with one another. So for FVSL it would be PAU (yes Rudy, you will play) and then from the VMSL it would be Sporting or Inter. The winner of this game gets the Lower Mainland bragging rights or Champions Cup that Coach talked about, still take the teams out for dinner and pints after.

You could even include Cup winner with the League winners, Pac and Imperial winners. This could all be played during the 2 or 3 weeks that are between league ending and provincials starting. But like Regs said, a TTP Champions league has been talked about, but never can to light.

But with Coach putting all this hard work into setting up these games and all the bitching form people on here, just let the Champs of their respective leagues play.

You could still have the classic photo of Coach and Azzi with fists up behind the LowerMainland Trophy, bragging rights on the line.

My rant for the day.

hos

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,
great idea.
It would give guys that much more to play for throughout the season.
Regs, you could be right.
probably not though.
really.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let the Champions of each league play-off with one another. So for FVSL it would be PAU (yes Rudy, you will play) and then from the VMSL it would be Sporting or Inter.
hos

I take it all back, now that the Nation has been killed by Croatia and then F.F. two weeks in a row, thank god for a good draw in Cup.

hos

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I reallly hope so Regs?

I have tried to nail down a date but am yet to get a reply?

This game has to happen...............Trust me!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0