Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT FVSL [CAT] - Preseason Banter 2005

Who will win this years CAT title?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A new season and a new thread to ourselves.
As the season goes on, i'll be starting monthly banter threads to talk about games etc.

With only a few weeks to go before the season starts up, most teams will have their rosters set and have an idea of how they look for the upcoming season.
If GN/Sikh's are combining as mentioned their will be another bye again this season for everyone.

A rundown of last seasons teams and thoughts on this years as well:

10/9. Sikh/GN (1-2-14/2-0-16)
With a combined record of 3-2-30, a combining of these two teams for next season might be the answer. Although as joined forces thier record still puts them in last place. Hopefully they can put together a competitive team and will have a full roster for all games this year as that seemed an issue for them last year.

8. North Delta Lions (7-3-8)
Tough season for them last year. After losing a key player ( :rolleyes: ) everything seemed to fall apart. They started off strong and then couldn't seem to get things rolling again after the x-mas break. They'll need to draw some new quality players in order to challenge for the title this year.

7. Whalley Rangers (6-6-4)
One of those teams that you play throughout the season but can't remember a damn thing about them. Started off alright but then tapered off a bit. 6 ties killed them in the standings. Had they played all their games (2 NP's), they could have finished much higher in the standings. Should be a solid team again this year.

6. Langley FC (7-4-7)
Not as strong as in the past. As the premier team had a stellar year it may have held their CAT team back as players had to play dual roles this year. I look for them to have a better season this year.

5. GEU (9-2-7)
A brutal follow up to a title season the year before. All over the map with games, couldn't seem to get up for the big games and didn't really have the same cohesion as the previous year. A totally new team, this year,coach included, in hopes for the title run again.

4. Delta Metro (9-2-5)
Young team that got their first taste of mens soccer and did a pretty good job of holding their own. I think they will have a better idea of what to expect this year as far as the physicalness of the mens game, and will be more prepared and experienced. Should be a top 5 team again.

3. Poco (10-0-8)
An improvement from i believe an average season the year before. Thier tough defense kept them in contention this year and will most likely be there again for them. They may be losing some players to the Premier side as there are players leaving and holes will need to be filled. Still will be a tough team as usual.

2. Chilliwack (10-4-3)
Surprise season for them i think. Although they keep saying that they knew they were that good all along, i think even they were surprised at their success. Assuming all players are returning they will be tough again this year. Title contendors i don't know but they'll give everyone a run. Of course a coaching change there may be the answer to get them over the hump to a championsip. :)

1. PAU (14-1-3)
Last years team had a few new faces and were a little younger. A best team i've seen them have in years. They scored the goals when needed to pull of wins. Stingy defense and a scoring onslaught of 50 goals for the season. Assuming they have the same team back look for them to be fighting for first again this year.

Please post your thoughts on this years teams and what changes are going on and how you think they'll do this year.

I've posted a poll for this season. Vote on who you think will be this years title winners

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
6. Langley FC (7-4-7)
Not as strong as in the past. As the premier team had a stellar year it may have held their CAT team back as players had to play dual roles this year. I look for them to have a better season this year.

Yoda,

I will take that as a compliment to me and my guys from the previous years. The Cat team last year was all new, replacing my guys that moved to D2.

This upcoming season will see all new players again, probably a 90% change over.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure, if it seems that way, go ahead.
;)

Bluebird, i offended by your vote!
:mad:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had my first kick around since tryouts with the new teams and i have to say, I'm pretty excited about this season. A few games together and we'll be gellin'.

Can't wait.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
franchise seems to think we will pi$$ this league but we will be putting in a genuine cat team ie no prem players playing down unless they need to while i know not all teams can put out a full cat team so some prem players will be playing down ...so some games will be tougher than others ..... ok im bull$hitting i just wanted to take the pressure off a little.....ok

its still to early to tell how the players will perform together we have players from 3 diff teams plus some new guys but time will tell

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Had my first kick around since tryouts with the new teams and i have to say, I'm pretty excited about this season. A few games together and we'll be gellin'.

Can't wait.

Yeah I bet, some Dr. Sholls "GELLIN" inserts and you're almost tall enough to see over the candy counter.... No wonder your excited.

If your not the short guy I remember then this joke is crap and can be round filed. If you are, its still crap...

Out.

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Yoda
I think you forgot a team in your poll ! :eek: ;)

I think it was DFC !!!!!!! ;)

Cheers
Rex

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Rex,
It's been sorted out.........................by someone?

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
like a hermaphro trying to decide what shitter to go in...

what happened to "it's way to early to tell and wait til the season unfolds a bit?"
I remember a bunch of experts yammerin on about that last season... maybe those gomers have retired from this thread... ;)

Word on the street is (yes we have paved roads in Chilli) teams will only be allowed to field five(5) prem players in each cat game... that gives a whole new look so some of the hangabout teams of last season (NDFC for instance)... I say look for these teams to drop off earlier than before.

PAU had a full cat roster as did the Rapids and a maybe one other... do the other teams even have the squads to fill eleven spots all year?

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DFC has about 35 guys signed. So we will have enough for the premier and CAT teams. Was there also a rule as to how many guys you can bring up to premier for each game? If they have the 5 down rule, what's stopping teams from signing the majority of their players on the CAT team and bringing them all up each weekend?

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's my understanding that you have to sign a roster for playoffs and cup and that deadline is mid january... so then they would have to chose a team to sink... because with only five down they wouldn't be able to field a team for the remaining five or six games...

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How is it going to be determined who is/isn't a CAT player, will it depend on if they played in the premier game that weekend, or any premier game that season? will it be if they saw minutes, or if they were just on the roster? or will you have to declare a CAT at the start of the year, instead of at the time of cup play?

Just curious how this is all going to work.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think MP's "word on the street" is just that. Only allowing five guys to play down or up or whatever, totally thrashes the reason for having a CAT team in the first place.

I can't see that happening.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
per game, not for the entire season... five a game seems like plenty to me... and I did say it was just what I heard... maybe someone can confirm this?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it is true, it is pretty easy to implement...

At the beginning of the season, the Prem / Cat teams have two forms to sign guys to: Prem or Cat. Players playing "up" remain status quo on the previous year's policy. Players playing down, simple: only 5 guys signed to the Prem team can go down to the farm team on a per game basis.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rex,
How many easy chances did your guys miss this game?
If they are still missing chances then i have a feeling they will be missing them all year.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0